Prospect Info: 5th overall: Vancouver selects Elias Pettersson (Timra, Allsvenskan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Ecstatic with this pick. The exact guy I wanted. Most skilled forward in the draft and when he fills out he will be an insanely skilled 1C, which is exactly what we need. Finally we stepped away from the safe pick and went with the skilled guy. This is what we should have done when Ehlers/Nylander were available to us.

Reactions: HankNDank

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I think we saw this coming when Benning dodged the question about Petterson yesterday and talked about Vilardi.

He has all the skill, so let's see how he does.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Much better pick then the Juolevi pick.

Go for high potential players.

I just wish we got Nylander last draft, and the 2014 draft. Always pick the kids that could turn out to be stars because you're never gonna win a cup with a bunch of 2nd liners.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Ecstatic with this pick. The exact guy I wanted. Most skilled forward in the draft and when he fills out he will be an insanely skilled 1C, which is exactly what we need. Finally we stepped away from the safe pick and went with the skilled guy. This is what we should have done when Ehlers/Nylander were available to us.

This is what I agree with. He didn't go for the safe pick, and Petterson's stats are incredible. We needed to swing for the fences.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Absolutely love it. Had Pettersson 3rd overall.

Most talented player in the draft. Relentless point producer who dominates men in a boys body. Just wait until he becomes a man... then look out.

Reactions: Bougieman

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
After Colorado took Makar I knew I wasn't going to be satisfied no matter who we took. Pettersson is a fine selection it just sucks when the guy you wanted goes one pick ahead of you.

Look forward to seeing him in Canucks blue!

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Also means, sedins may stay a few years longer (cheaper contracts hopefully) and mentor the hell out of Pettersson and dhalen

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Won't say I am happy with the pick. But only because he might not have been my first choice. But to be honest I would likely feel the same regardless of whom we picked.

His skill and potential make him a swing for the fences pick. If he hits he might be the most skilled player in the draft.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
drafting him based on his linemate being canuck property is dumb but whatever, IF he reaches his ceiling he will at least be a dynamic player the Canucks have long been searching for

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
like this pick, thought they were going to take glass so was pleasantly surprised. still would have rather had vilardi, but peterson is an excellent prospect.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
He would have been my third choice given the circumstances, but a large number of people were going to be upset no matter who we chose.

Commence the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad