Prospect Info: 5th overall: Vancouver selects Elias Pettersson (Timra, Allsvenskan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
9b315633610d157dd0ab3dfe418fa690.png

Wow!

Last edited:

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Best hands in the draft and arguably the best offensive upside of anyone in the draft, Nico included.

Nice to see Benning swing for the fences and make a pick that the advanced stats crowd should love.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Not sure how I feel about this.

If we were going to reach for anyone, he was the guy to gamble on. Great chemistry with Dahlen, put up excellent numbers, just needs to bulk up.

But you know Vegas will take Vilardi and he'll beast it.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm okay with the pick, but I think Vilardi is a better choice. I had him as the clear-cut #3 guy and a step above Pettersson/Glass/Mittelstadt.

Pettersson definitely has talent and posted insane numbers this year.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Best offensive skilled player of the draft IMO, but still would've preffered Vilardi.

Not a bad pick overall, much better than picking Rasmussen.

Be patient, and he can become the next Nylander.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm okay with the pick, but I think Vilardi is a better choice. I had him as the clear-cut #3 guy and a step above Pettersson/Glass/Mittelstadt.

Pettersson definitely has talent and posted insane numbers this year.

Kind of my feelings. In order, I would have been happy with Vilardi, Glass, then Pettersson. That said, I feel like Pettersson is "the guy we've passed on" in previous drafts - in that he oozes skill like a Nylander/Ehlers/Tkachuk, but he's also a bit more boom or bust.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I am fine with this pick as well, but i think Benning can trade down to get something in return

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Pleased with this pick. Would have been happy with 3 picks here really but not too disappointed. Certainly better feeling than last year when we picked OJ.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Thing about this pick is it has the potential to be the best in the draft. Little riskier compared to some of the other choices but could have the best payoff. I don't mind shooting for the stars.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
I'll join the rest with being slightly dissapointed it wasn't Vilardi, I have Pettersson a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad