Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick, Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP UPDATED: Signs 3 Year ELC 3/11/20

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yeah, I never want to see ads on the uniforms. Hockey players shouldn't look like race car drivers.

I would never buy a jersey with ads plastered all over it.
I’d be ok with a single major sponsor logo on the front of a Jersey and a secondary one on the right arm, maybe. But have very tight rules in the exact position and size. It works ok for Soccer.... but the DEL ones are horrible.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Jersey advertising could be an easy way for the NHL to dig themselves out of financial ruin in the event they can’t have fans in 20/21.
f7e573391504d64c5851bd04bae8d522.jpg

There should never be jersey ads

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I really enjoy how clean NHL jerseys and rinks look without ads. Crossing my fingers they stay that way. The revenue from ads almost certainly won't pass down in any way to the consumer, it will just be more money in the pockets of billionaire owners and millionaire players.

However if they do make that switch it's not the end of the world. It's like most other ads, you don't even see them once you're used to them. And there are ways to put them on jerseys and not make them look as bad as those german ones.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Would you rather the NHL put ads on jerseys, or go through a significant retraction/outright fold?

That may be the decision the BoG faces if a large chunk of the franchises cannot sell tickets. I don't like the billboard European jerseys, either, but it may be a sound financial solution to the absence of gate revenue.

Look, if the options are financial ruin or advertising on jerseys, the obvious answer is advertising. I'm sure players would love it too, to be honest — more revenue likely means higher salary caps, and you see players getting squeezed right now. If they follow the NBA's jersey advertisement model, it wouldn't be too bad. It feels like one of those things that's just inevitable. I just don't want it.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I really enjoy how clean NHL jerseys and rinks look without ads. Crossing my fingers they stay that way. The revenue from ads almost certainly won't pass down in any way to the consumer, it will just be more money in the pockets of billionaire owners and millionaire players.

However if they do make that switch it's not the end of the world. It's like most other ads, you don't even see them once you're used to them. And there are ways to put them on jerseys and not make them look as bad as those german ones.
Yep. I’m a big Liverpool fan and often we refer to to certain Jersey Era’s by the sponsor on the front. So I’ve got a ‘Crown Paints’ replica as they are the first Major Sponsor I remember in my life. If done right, sponsors need not detract from the Jersey design.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Would you rather the NHL put ads on jerseys, or go through a significant retraction/outright fold?

That may be the decision the BoG faces if a large chunk of the franchises cannot sell tickets. I don't like the billboard European jerseys, either, but it may be a sound financial solution to the absence of gate revenue.

Might be the same result for some people. Not sure I could stomach watching 82 games of players skating around looking like they got paper mached by a mentally disabled orangutan.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think this batch of extra hungry forward players like Turcotte will help ignite a guy like Kempe. Vilardi and Frk are still pretty hungry and Kempe on that line seems to be doing well in that short stint.

We got a lot of hungry guys coming in. Kaliyev has got stuff I'm sure he wants to prove, Fagemo is a hungry guy, so is Thomas. We had a lot of starvation on the team back in 2012 too.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I think this batch of extra hungry forward players like Turcotte will help ignite a guy like Kempe. Vilardi and Frk are still pretty hungry and Kempe on that line seems to be doing well in that short stint.

We got a lot of hungry guys coming in. Kaliyev has got stuff I'm sure he wants to prove, Fagemo is a hungry guy, so is Thomas. We had a lot of starvation on the team back in 2012 too.

I think that's a big reason why the team finished the season they way it did. Vilardi and Anderson being injected into the lineup. That and trading away respected vets to make room for youth.

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think that's a big reason why the team finished the season they way it did. Vilardi and Anderson being injected into the lineup. That and trading away respected vets to make room for youth.

I saw the same thing. Sad to say because we won with some of these guys but the vets we dealt seemed to have lost a lot of that hunger.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I saw the same thing. Sad to say because we won with some of these guys but the vets we dealt seemed to have lost a lot of that hunger.
It’s part of the cycle though and that why it’s important to freshen up the lineup each year. I’m completely confident that Doughty will be on it once he sees Björnfot on his left hand side. Bringing kids into key roles will lift and enthuse the veterans and we’ve seen a small sample of that.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It’s part of the cycle though and that why it’s important to freshen up the lineup each year. I’m completely confident that Doughty will be on it once he sees Björnfot on his left hand side. Bringing kids into key roles will lift and enthuse the veterans and we’ve seen a small sample of that.

I agree and especially these particular kids at the top of the prospect pool.

Reactions: Statto

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It's been a while since Doughty didn't want to let someone down. I've NEVER seen him talk about someone the way he talked about Toby. Maatta might be the 'safe' play there but I think we see a rejuvenated Drew if he stays next to Bjornfot.

Rooks

Apr 16, 2019
It's been a while since Doughty didn't want to let someone down. I've NEVER seen him talk about someone the way he talked about Toby. Maatta might be the 'safe' play there but I think we see a rejuvenated Drew if he stays next to Bjornfot.
I agree with this. I would like to see bjornfot up there with him to start and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad