Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick, Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP UPDATED: Signs 3 Year ELC 3/11/20

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
You can't be disappointed in the pick. He was very likely our #1 on our list. I am very surprised that he got by Chicago and Colorado. Better than I expected. Great pick. We got our top guy.

Reactions: andys and Rorschach

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Exceptional hockey sense, impressive skating and compete-level. There is a lot to like about Turcotte. He is a very gifted playmaker, but has a also a fine release and goal scoring ability. Can be used in most situations and plays a very complete game. (EP 2019)

Father: Alfie Turcotte
Uncle: Jeff Turcotte
Cousins: Tanner Turcotte & Tara Turcotte
Grandfather: Réal Turcotte
He’s a highly competitive, two-way centre with elite vision and playmaking ability, EPrinkside.com 2019
His playmaking ability and vision both compliment his ability to read the ice, where he’s capable of making high-end passes at full speed, Hockeyprospect.com 2019
An exciting player to watch, he boasts nice hands and can beat opponents one-on-one with creative stick work., Future Considerations 2019
He shows advanced game awareness in all three zones and can be utilized in all manner of game situations, McKeen's Hockey 2019
exciting to watch … plays at high speed and tempo … strong 200-foot game … constantly competing … strength to his stride … plays confident, ISS Hockey 2017

Reactions: andys

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Things looking a little better!!

1. TURCOTTE
2. KUPARI
3. VILARDI
4. PETERSEN
5 MIKEY ANDERSON
6. ANDERSON-DOLAN
7. KALE CLAGUE
8. AKIL THOMAS
9. SEAN DURZI
10. BRICKLEY
11. STRAND
12. PHILLIPS
13. SODERGRAN
14, LIZOTTE

If this list is broken down by position and includes our rookies and sophomore players, it looks pretty darn good. All we need now is that game breaker. Hopefully that will be the lottery we win, unlike this year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nice pick up for you guys. Had him going 3rd and you guys getting byram… but I think either scenario is good.

If vilardi can get healthy + kupari, Anderson-dolan, Thomson and now Turcotte... got a pretty nice future going for you guys.(grundstrum looks solid too, at east vs Anaheim)

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It hurts much less to lose the lottery, getting bounced from 2 to 5, when we get the #2 guy at #5. I have Alex at or tied with KK due to the former’s position. If Alex wasn’t hurt this year, I bet he’s at least #3 or a three-way contender for #1.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Nice pick up for you guys. Had him going 3rd and you guys getting byram… but I think either scenario is good.

If vilardi can get healthy + kupari, Anderson-dolan, Thomson and now Turcotte... got a pretty nice future going for you guys.(grundstrum looks solid too, at east vs Anaheim)

Will you be known in the future as Getz2zegras?

Reactions: Getz2noone

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Turcotte is going to be another one of those “I can’t believe he was still available” picks (I hope).

Still hoping for that for Vilardi too. Several amazing players had early major-injury issues and still became great players like P Bergeron and J Williams.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Super stoked we got Turcotte. I didn't think for a second that he was going to make it past four, to be honest. Practically the entire US juniors team was drafted and we got who their coach, Wroblewski, called their MVP... The only way it could have been better is if we could have gotten one of his wingers like Caufield or Boldy, but that we can't really complain at all. We essentially got our #1 guy on our list outside of being able to get in the top 2... Solid pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->