Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
His hockey IQ is absolutely not a detriment. He is a way harder player than Raymond and Perfetti. Anyway its ok people in ottawa dont like him I find shocking given how insanely good he was playing right in front of everyone but to each is their own. If someone (not saying you) have Rossi in a different tier I am confident you probably didnt watch very many games this year.

Everyone that has seen them live many times this last season has Rossi ahead of Quinn, including many scouts. That's why he's ranked multiple spots ahead on most lists.

Also, I like Quinn, and I would be quite happy if we managed to trade up to draft him at 10-12.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Quinn > Rossi.

Don't come at me. Quinn will be the better NHL player. Bookmark this. Rossi screams 60 point 2nd line center. Quinn has the size, the skating and an already developed NHL shot, also a lot more to grow into than Rossi.

In that case Sens should take the 2nd line C that gets 60points a year since we haven't been able to find that key piece basically ever since this franchise started outside of two seasons with Bonk and one with Todd White?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The difference in hockey IQ and play-making between Quinn and guys like Rossi/Perfetti/Raymond is a gulf.

and i dont think Quinn has bad hockey, its just that those other guys have next gen processors.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
While Quinn has shown exceptional growth to his game recently (coincides with his physical growth), hes also one of the oldest prospects in the draft

Reactions: Sweatred

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Quinn > Rossi.

Don't come at me. Quinn will be the better NHL player. Bookmark this. Rossi screams 60 point 2nd line center. Quinn has the size, the skating and an already developed NHL shot, also a lot more to grow into than Rossi.

60 points would put Rossi as tied for 36 in points for forwards and tied for 38 in points overall

I take that and run to the ****ing bank

We need all the skill possible but Rossi is a safe pick for future production. If we want to take risks take them with our Isles pick and our other picks. We have the ability to take riskier picks later on. Our top 2 picks in this draft should not be experimental picks should not be off the board picks. We could look back in the draft and say we ****ed up. Quinn could be a 70 point guy. I still take the guy who is more likely to put up the 50-60 points at the nhl level and walk away

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Everyone that has seen them live many times this last season has Rossi ahead of Quinn, including many scouts. That's why he's ranked multiple spots ahead on most lists.

Also, I like Quinn, and I would be quite happy if we managed to trade up to draft him at 10-12.

Craig button and Brock have them in the exact same tier. So no not everyone.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
60 points would put Rossi as tied for 36 in points for forwards and tied for 38 in points overall

We need all the skill possible but Rossi is a safe pick for future production. If we want to take risks take them with our Isles pick and our other picks. We have the ability to take riskier picks later on. Our top 2 picks in this draft should not be experimental picks should not be off the board picks. We could look back in the draft and say we ****ed up. Quinn could be a 70 point guy. I still take the guy who is more likely to put up the 50-60 points at the nhl level and walk away
No it wouldn’t.

Maybe in a season where there are only 68 games played.

If the season played out as normal it would be closer to 60-70 for forwards.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Rossi could top out at #2 C, but yeah, he'd be the best #2 C this franchise has ever had imo.

How dare you insult Todd White? ;)

The reason why Rossi would be #2C is because Byfield/Stutzle would be ahead of him as the best C in franchise history. I get Datsyuk vibe in Rossi's game in terms of their deployment and effectiveness as multifaceted guys who improve with age. Raymond's skills are undeniable too - he is not too far away from the top-3 guys.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Not to mention if Dorion plays his cards right, he could move up and draft Quinn given he's not high on every team's list apparently.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
Duclair-Rossi-Quinn

Would be a formidable top-6, and we would have so many pieces to move around to solidify the bottom-6. I also believe Rossi could turn Duclair into a perennial 30-40 goal scorer.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Not to mention if Dorion plays his cards right, he could move up and draft Quinn given he's not high on every team's list apparently.

That's the beauty of having so many picks. They can use NYI 1st + latter picks/players/prospects to move up to top-12 range if one of their top-6 to 11 ranked guys like Quinn, Sanderson, Lundell, and Holz are available.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
Duclair-Rossi-Quinn

Would be a formidable top-6, and we would have so many pieces to move around to solidify the bottom-6. I also believe Rossi could turn Duclair into a perennial 30-40 goal scorer.

The 60 points Rossi gets are gonna be like Mark Stone points too. done by reading the play so he can make his teammates better and dominate possession. done by not only out-thinking but also by outworking everyone else on and off the ice.

these players are gold across all sports

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
"He's (Quinn) a lot closer to Perfetti and Rossi in the eyes of NHL scouts than some think.” - Brock Otten

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Very confident they have him at number 5 on their list. So sure ill take your baseless quote.
Beet, you have hinted many times at knowledge of the Sens scouting results. Are you getting this info from Mann or Dorion because I’ve talked to two former players who work on the development side and they don’t have a clue and one is a former 67.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That's the beauty of having so many picks. They can use NYI 1st + latter picks/players/prospects to move up to top-12 range if one of their top-6 to 11 ranked guys like Quinn, Sanderson, Lundell, and Holz are available.

Yeah, honestly if Dorion doesn't manage to move up in the first round with the 3rd 1st and 254 2nd round picks, I'd consider that somewhat of a failure.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The 60 points Rossi gets are gonna be like Mark Stone points too. done by reading the play so he can make his teammates better and dominate possession. done by not only out-thinking but also by outworking everyone else on and off the ice.

these players are gold across all sports

tenor.gif

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Any Brian Lee's out there? Please no!!!

Sanderson is still 17 and growing and by very many accounts was really flourishing when the season stopped abruptly. What we don't know is if that production would have sustained throughout if the season ended as usual. Though intriguing, just too much uncertainty picking him over Drysdale. He is not Brian Lee because that was a terrible pick / a Muck job. There are simply others who are more proven in terms of their production. Ottawa needs home runs with 3&5.

Personally, I am shooting for the two best forwards to solidify the foundation for the next decade where we have been hurting since forever. Finally we get address the team's offence with two top-5 calibre forward prospects.

Ottawa will suck next season too and likely pick top-5 in 2021 projected to have much better depth and quality on the backend. With who we have in the system, and ideally with a proven veteran D not named Ron Hainsey who can play a Gonchar role, there are opportunities upcoming to shore up a promising defensive depth already boasting Chabot, Brannstrom, JBD, and Lassi T.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
No it wouldn’t.

Maybe in a season where there are only 68 games played.

If the season played out as normal it would be closer to 60-70 for forwards.

Fair point lets look at last season

60 points would put him tied for 72 among all players and 67th for just forwards

Now their are 31 teams currently in the league. Obviously we want the best offense humanly possible and want more high scoring forwards but being in that 67th range puts him just on the outskirts of top 2 forward production per team. That is still a huge win.

Like i said we could look back at the draft and be like **** should have drafted so and so. But if Rossi is more likely to be an nhler/less likely to be a bust and has a very high floor you still take that and run. We can take all the lottery tickets in the world for the remainder of the draft and hope we get lucky and get a stone/alfie situation. We should not be experimenting with 3 and 5.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah, honestly if Dorion doesn't manage to move up in the first round with the 3rd 1st and 254 2nd round picks, I'd consider that somewhat of a failure.
eh I don't know. Even at 10-15 teams are probably going to really value certain players, and won't want to risk them getting drafted by someone else.

That said I still am hoping we can trade up for Quinn.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

The Islanders still might land first pick. But the idea where we are drafting two top 5 and a possible 3rd pick being top 15 is not in any way a failure.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

I agree but it would depend on where the isles pick lands and what our list looks like. If the isles pick is in the 18 plus range and based off my knowledge of the draft (which is no where close to the knowledge of nhl scouts and people who watch players regularly) i would be upset. However if the pick ends up in the 14-17 range we may not need to move up to get an impact player as depending on how the draft goes we maybe able to get one of Quinn/Jarvis/Holloway/Lundell. And if somehow all 4 of them are gone in that range it means someone is slipping hard in the draft

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Fair point lets look at last season

60 points would put him tied for 72 among all players and 67th for just forwards

Now their are 31 teams currently in the league. Obviously we want the best offense humanly possible and want more high scoring forwards but being in that 67th range puts him just on the outskirts of top 2 forward production per team. That is still a huge win.

Like i said we could look back at the draft and be like **** should have drafted so and so. But if Rossi is more likely to be an nhler/less likely to be a bust and has a very high floor you still take that and run. We can take all the lottery tickets in the world for the remainder of the draft and hope we get lucky and get a stone/alfie situation. We should not be experimenting with 3 and 5.
You should absolutely be going for the biggest impact not the safest option, the Sens are stocked with safe, they need the game breaking point per game guys. The top of the draft gives you the best odds of getting them.

If the Sens feel Rossi is a 60 point 2nd line C, I don’t think he’s on the radar for pick #5.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
5th OVR + Logan Brown + NYI 1st for 2nd OVR from the Kings?

*delete misread, below still relevant*

I'd be happier to use the Isles pick + a 2nd round or 2 and move into the top 10 and keep #5

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The Islanders still might land first pick. But the idea where we are drafting two top 5 and a possible 3rd pick being top 15 is not in any way a failure.

I dunno, in a draft where you have 4 2nd round picks, if say the Isles pick ends up at #13-15 and Quinn is still on the board at 10-12 and we miss out on him, Id say that's a disappointment for me. Perhaps failure is too strong a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad