Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If the draft goes like this

1- Laf
2-Byfield
3- Stutzle
4- Perfetti

Then it's Drysdale or Raymond for me. Coming out of the draft with a #1 Center and a #1 Dman is really intriguing to me though. Use the Isles to pick to trade up for one of Quinn or Holtz if available.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
How much does the 33 pic move us up from say the isles at 15? Could we get to 10?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Why isn't Quinn in the conversation? 50 goal scorer in the OHL..what's wrong with his game to be below these guys

Reactions: aragorn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Very confident they have him at number 5 on their list. So sure ill take your baseless quote.

I knew they'd be higher on Quinn than most given what they typically look for in players, but 5th is too high.

Would be pretty disappointed if they passed up someone like Raymond or Perfetti for Quinn, and I'm someone that has been pumping Quinn's tires for awhile.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Yea it actually will. Especially if you consider the fact that we could counter the enormous forward talent on other team’s rosters in our division with a defensive powerhouse.

Chabot-Drysdale
Brannstrom-JBD

Chabot-JBD
Sanderson-Brannstrom

Can hang with any forward group.
I hope so. Not to be Mr negative but I worry how that defensive group handles themselves in their own end. Chabot and Brannstrom still need work on that side of their game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who's #4?
I think they have Drysdale which is very exciting if the Wings take a forward.
Is we get Quinn at 5 I’m checking to see if Dorion and Melnyk were handed a bag of cash or something

I dont really understand this one but ok.

While at this time I prefer other players to Quinn he does fit exactly what we need. A shooting RW who's also an incredible goal scorer.

Thanks for the info bert.
No problem! Lots can happen/change leading up to the draft day nothing is 100 percent just basing it on the information I have been provided.

I think Quinn is a very different player from what most people seem to think. He is a two way forward, not just a goal scorer, can set it up and put them in he is pretty versitile. I think his game has alot of room to grow too, he is just scratching the surface of what he is capable of he is still growing. He is a late bloomer physically.

Why isn't Quinn in the conversation? 50 goal scorer in the OHL..what's wrong with his game to be below these guys

He was on pace for 60 goals. In his last 40 games he had something like 44 goals. He was driving the bus for the 67's down the stretch. Far more complete player than Perfetti, bigger better skater. Perfetti might have the most natural skill in the draft.

Its a good year to have two top 5 picks, alot of great players available.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I've been on the Rossi train for 2 years now. I really think he's going to be a very special player that will make players around him better. He's strong against the boards and can always find someone open. Personally I think a player like Barron, Schneider, Kleven (committed to North Dakota) would be great to get later on over Drysdale.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Not a Sens fan but I'm a bit surprised that so few people here appear to be behind Drysdale at #5.

From the outside, getting a potential 1C in Byfield/Stutzle + the highest ranked defenseman in the draft appears to be quite a homerun. Why would you guys prefer two forwards?

Bro we have guys on here hoping we get Sanderson or Askarov at #5 so who knows wtf this board is smoking

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not as good of a playmaker as Raymond or Perfetti. IQ isn't quite as high-end either, although it's not a concern.
He's a legit top 10 pick. I think a closer debate would be Holtz vs Quinn. Holtz is also legit top 10. Both players likely have teams that put them outside the top 10. Askarov and Lundell deserve top 10 consideration as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I knew they'd be higher on Quinn than most given what they typically look for in players, but 5th is too high.

Would be pretty disappointed if they passed up someone like Raymond or Perfetti for Quinn, and I'm someone that has been pumping Quinn's tires for awhile.

I think if you look at the way this current management team drafts it shouldn't suprise anyone they are going to stay away from undersized skiilled forwards if there are other options of players in the same tier that arent on the smaller side.

Not as good of a playmaker as Raymond or Perfetti. IQ isn't quite as high-end either, although it's not a concern.
His hockey IQ is absolutely not a detriment. He is a way harder player than Raymond and Perfetti. Anyway its ok people in ottawa dont like him I find shocking given how insanely good he was playing right in front of everyone but to each is their own. If someone (not saying you) have Rossi in a different tier I am confident you probably didnt watch very many games this year.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016

So you kinda get a pure goal scorer with Quinn vs the versatility of the other guys.

Makes sense. Still a very impressive player though, I would be a little surprised but I dont think I'd be as disappointed as other people on here if he was picked that high.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think if you look at the way this current management team drafts it shouldn't suprise anyone they are going to stay away from undersized skiilled forwards if there are other options of players in the same tier that arent on the smaller side.

His hockey IQ is absolutely not a detriment. He is a way harder player than Raymond and Perfetti. Anyway its ok people in ottawa dont like him I find shocking given how insanely good he was playing right in front of everyone but to each is their own. If someone (not saying you) have Rossi in a different tier I am confident you probably didnt watch very many games this year.

Rossi in a different tier to Quinn?

I didn't watch a ton of 67's games but all the games I saw I always left more impressed by Quinn than Rossi personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad