Post-Game Talk: 5th annual Prospects Challenge set for September 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Interesting. The Bruins seem to be mining the Q a good bit lately for undrafted players.

I believe Sweeney and Co hired Q scout Alain Bissonnette in 2015-16? He had 18 years experience as a head scout for various teams before coming to Boston.

As far as I know the only Q player drafted during his tenure is Paré (who should be on the Prospects roster?), but they have given a lot of Q guys looks as FA’s and invitees.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My tentative roster so far

Goalies
Keyser
Vladar

Left D Right D
Solovyev Andersson
Zech Berglund
Bychkov? doubt he comes over for this

Left wing Center Right wing
Lauko Asselin Lantosi
Marchin Conway Olivier Voyer
Shen Bjork? I'd have him there
Steen
Studnicka
Mantykivi

Am I missing anyone?
Historically Boston brings it's top younger guys despite having pro experience
Wouldn't be surprised to see TFred and Vaak there
Can't bring the 8 College kids in the system

Paré?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kuhlman Hughes Hall And Frederick.

I hope some of you make the trip. Place is packed with team prospects coaches team management Bruin fans sit directly below Sweeney and Neely. The bars are packed and the wings are awesome.
yeah but at the end of the day, it`s still Buffalo:sarcasm:

I`ll duck for cover now, have been to Buffalo about a half dozen times to watch both NHL and a few NFL games, good sports town, not my fav for entertainment

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

I`ll duck for cover now, have been to Buffalo about a half dozen times to watch both NHL and a few NFL games, good sports town, not my fav for entertainment
Plan to stay across the Falls in Niagara, ON. More activity and entertainment there.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Lol. I get it. And don’t disagree. I do like the venue and chicken wings dam good. The downtown core has greatly improved the last 5 years

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is Cooper Zech playing ?

Curious if he is really as good as he showed in last years AHL playoffs

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lol. I get it. And don’t disagree. I do like the venue and chicken wings dam good. The downtown core has greatly improved the last 5 years

I haven`t been to Buffalo in about 10 years, at that time we stayed closer to Rich Stadium or Ralph Wilson stadium, can`t recall what it was called then and went downtown for a bit but it was in disarray as they were likely kicking it into gear to get it to the point that you seem to indicate it is now which is good.

Tell you one thing, been to about 3-4 Bruin tilts there and I have always really liked the fans, they really love their hockey

Reactions: Blowfish

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
While I'm waiting for the Bruins Challenge Cup roster to be announced I took a look at last years roster and took some notes how the year went for every player.

Two of the invited players John Ludvig and Carson Focht were in fact drafted this 2019 NHL Entry Draft. Unfortunately not by Boston but by Florida and Vancouver respectively. Also of the invited player Justin Bergeron from Memorial Cup winners Rouyn-Noranda, who put up really good numbers for a defenseman, didn't get drafted after all.

Some of the Bruins drafted prospects had a very good year like Kyle Keyser G, Jeremy Lauzon D, Jack Studnicka C, Jakub Lauko LW. Some had not so good year Jakub Forsbacka-Karlsson and Emil Johansson who both are back in Sweden and SHL.
Axel Andersson concentrated on defense mainly in his first season in second tier here in Sweden. I'm not sure how he will transfer to the schedule in Providence. He might be best suited for a year in OHL where he would get loads of icetime, especially on power play.

I'm a big fan of Oskar Steen. I think he will really challenge for a Bruins spot. This will also be a crucial year
for Lauzon, Zach Senyshyn, Jakub Zboril and even Trent Frederic.

I would really welcome a kid like Billy Constantineau. Bruins haven't drafted many players the last two-three years so would like to see some new faces.

Interesting names for me this year are Jakub Lauko and Pavel Shen. Don't think they make the Bruins in Boston but would make good in Providence.

Isn't Dustyn McFaul supposed to go to Clarkson College this fall. If so that would rule him out of the Harbor Challenge Cup.

Would be nice if Russian defenseman Roman Bychkov showed up in Buffalo. He has some upside as
have Matias Mäntykivi. Quinn Olson will also be in Buffalo I hope.

Some of the AHL guys like Cooper Zech and Samuel Asselin should be there.

I hope for some nice invitees and it will exciting to start the new season.

Below are if readable some notes of the kids who were at last years Prospects Challenge.
upload_2019-8-30_23-53-25.png

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Went to this last year and had a blast. Unfortunately can’t this year. To anyone going enjoy!

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Don’t understand why, a week before the Challenge, the Bruins can’t let us know who’s going to be there.

It would seem important to get the group together for physicals and practice before throwing them into game action. Has anyone seen a pre-Buffalo schedule?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would think they'd let him go

I thought everyone aged out, but apparently he is eligible for another year in Sherbrooke. He was one fight short of a “Double Gordie Howe Hat Trick” (2g/2a/2 fights).

He dummied the guy pretty good in the fight. It doesn’t say it on Elite Prospects, but I thought I saw him wearing the “A” in a couple of highlights. Not sure if he will get a letter this year or not?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I thought everyone aged out, but apparently he is eligible for another year in Sherbrooke. He was one fight short of a “Double Gordie Howe Hat Trick” (2g/2a/2 fights).

He dummied the guy pretty good in the fight. It doesn’t say it on Elite Prospects, but I thought I saw him wearing the “A” in a couple of highlights. Not sure if he will get a letter this year or not?
He does get the A with Felix Robert, Samuel Poulin as the C.

QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad