Post-Game Talk: 5th annual Prospects Challenge set for September 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lots of players to get excited about in this thing...

Keyser
Vaak
Zech
Sherman
Andersson
Bjork
Shen
Asselin
Steen
Studnicka
Frederic
Lauko

How do we watch? TV? Stream?
Your boy Berglund must be chasing a SEL contract thought for sure he'd be here

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Good to see the discussion on the Prospects Challenge selections. Took long enough for Sweeney to reveal his secret choices which I still don’t understand. Lots of interest in these kids.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Nice to see Bjork is the over hyped speed and skill fans choice this year, let's see how many games he manages to play this season. Even if healthy I still see him as an AHL lifer or Seattle Bigfoot. One Heinen per team is more than enough.

Nice to see a number of CHL players on invites hopefully some get contacts. Ideally Stdnicka and Frederic dominate this tournament and both are either ready (Frederic) or close (Studnicka) to being NHL.

Reactions: Strafer

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Anyone attending the Saturday Buffalo/Boston prospects game?

Hoping Cobblestones is open otherwise it's the Iron Works.
Do you expect many people to drive 90+ minutes after the game to go eat and drink then drive back again?
Food looks great though.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think I'd lean towards OneMan's line. That's a combination we could see in Providence.

If this ends up being a line in Providence, I'm going to be broke going to games. I have 4 different AHL teams within a 2 hour radius of me and 3 of them are less than an hour away lol.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Won't be there for this weekend, we have other plans.
But I'll go to cobblestones to enjoy the food.
My wife rarely drinks alcohol, she makes for a great designated driver. ;)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Good to see the discussion on the Prospects Challenge selections. Took long enough for Sweeney to reveal his secret choices which I still don’t understand. Lots of interest in these kids.

Or maybe they were waiting on a handful of invites to commit?

Pretty obvious who the Bruins prospects were going to be at the event. And I'm sure they had a plan B in case not all the invites committed to the tournament.

Sometimes it just isn't managements fault, although its easier to blame them I guess.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
For those interested in Bruins invites to rookie camp and Challenge Cup. Here are some links I hope will work.

My favorite invitee is goalie Taylor Gauthier from Prince George (WHL). Won gold and silver
for Team Canada at World Jrs U18 in 2018 and 2019.
Expected to taken in the NHL draft 2019 but wasn't, he has vowed to prove everybody wrong. Like his attitude.

Not expecting too much from the invites but clearly they each bring different skills and value.
Here are some links I hope will work.

Taylor Gauthier

Prince George Cougars’ Taylor Gauthier staying on Boston Bruins’ radar - PrinceGeorgeMatters.com
Taylor Gauthier stands tall as Canada completes comeback over Finland - PrinceGeorgeMatters.com
https://thehockeywriters.com/taylor-gauthier-2019-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/
GAUTHIER, TAYLOR | 2016 NHL Draft Prospects

Riley McCourt - Would like to hear Dom’s take on McCourt but this is from 2018

OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Part 2: 31-50

Andrew Perrott - This is very positive but maybe not too accurate:)

Top 10 OHL Prospects for 2019 NHL Draft – TheOilKnight.ca

Jordan Sambrook - A free agent. Here’s a good new article and Dom’s scouting profile from 2016

Sambrook solid all over the ice
Jordan Sambrook – Player Profile – Erie Otters

Max Martin - Got known for this on social media this summer

Julien Gauchier RW - Big kid from Quebec. Selected to Canada’s Development Camp roster

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=116986&sort=finalRank&year=2019

Dante Hannoun RW - 5’6 scorer from WHL

Dante Hannoun at eliteprospects.com

Alex-Olivier Voyer RW - Already been featured here in fight videos. Here’s profile summary

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201548/alex-olivier-voyer

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
For those interested in Bruins invites to rookie camp and Challenge Cup. Here are some links I hope will work.

My favorite invitee is goalie Taylor Gauthier from Prince George (WHL). Won gold and silver
Expected to taken in the NHL draft 2019 but wasn't, he has vowed to prove everybody wrong. Like his attitude.

Not expecting too much from the invites but clearly they each bring different skills and value.

Taylor Gauthier

Prince George Cougars’ Taylor Gauthier staying on Boston Bruins’ radar - PrinceGeorgeMatters.com

Taylor Gauthier stands tall as Canada completes comeback over Finland - PrinceGeorgeMatters.com

OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Part 2: 31-50

Jordan Sambrook - A free agent. Here’s a good new article and Dom’s scouting profile from 2016

Julien Gauchier RW - Big kid from Quebec. Selected to Canada’s Development Camp roster
http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=116986&sort=finalRank&year=2019

Alex-Olivier Voyer RW - Already been featured here in fight videos. Here’s profile summary

I really hope it works out for A.O. Voyer.
Same for Taylor Gauthier.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Taylor Gauthier

Hey thanks for taking the time and posting.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Nice to see Bjork is the over hyped speed and skill fans choice this year, let's see how many games he manages to play this season. Even if healthy I still see him as an AHL lifer or Seattle Bigfoot. One Heinen per team is more than enough.

It's not a thread without Fenian finding a way to bitch about prospects and Heinen.

I don't see anyone in here "over-hyping" Bjork, but that is yet another one of your favorite things to do; create a strawman. Fans are allowed to be excited over players. Bjork, like it or not, still has plenty of potential to be an NHL player. He has speed, skill, and two way ability. It's not like people are just pulling the hope he can be something out of thin air.

If only he was 6'5" 240 lbs and had 400 PIMs in the NCAA..... If only!

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's not a thread without Fenian finding a way to ***** about prospects and Heinen.

I don't see anyone in here "over-hyping" Bjork, but that is yet another one of your favorite things to do; create a strawman. Fans are allowed to be excited over players. Bjork, like it or not, still has plenty of potential to be an NHL player. He has speed, skill, and two way ability. It's not like people are just pulling the hope he can be something out of thin air.

You haven't blocked Fenian yet? lol do yourself and favor and do it...its saves a lot of headaches, trust me HAHA

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's not a thread without Fenian finding a way to ***** about prospects and Heinen.

It's part of what makes HF fun and keeps me coming back. This forum would suck if it were simply a Bruins news site where everyone agreed on everything all the time. I don't agree with Fenian too often, but it's okay. He has his patch and fights for it.

As for Bjork, I am excited like you are: a 5th round draft pick who is in the discussion as a potential top 6 forward and who has shown flashes of that level of skill in the past. If he can stay healthy I think he locks down a roster spot and we should be happy if we don't have to go give away picks/players to get another Mojo this spring.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Riley McCourt's father was coach of the Niagara Icedogs from 2007-2010. I remember my kid going to training sessions run by Mike McCourt. Riley was on the ice and stood out then when he was 15. No surprise to see him rise up to the OHL and now as a invite. Good luck to the kid.

The guy I am excited about is Samuel Asselin. His stat line last year was pretty good. In 68 games he scored 48 goals and 86 pts. Add to that 17 pts in 22 playoff games. Hope he brings that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's part of what makes HF fun and keeps me coming back. This forum would suck if it were simply a Bruins news site where everyone agreed on everything all the time. I don't agree with Fenian too often, but it's okay. He has his patch and fights for it.

I agree. It just that Fenian usually has to argue about topics that don't exist just so he can whine about the usual things and take shots at Heinen. No one here is over-hyping Bjork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->