Post-Game Talk: 5th annual Prospects Challenge set for September 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That's been my fear but I've been told privately it's just Sweeney being Sweeney
If that’s the case it’s a shame. It shows a disregard for the interest of fans who are anxious for prospect news and the start of TC. Where is the PR Department? All you get on the website is a picture of the Fan Rally in Providence which was a week ago.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If one has hotel reservations and plans to attend the games in Buffalo, yeah, it is a big deal.

So, someone’s a big enough fan of the team that they are going to make the trip to Buffalo to watch, but only if they know the exact roster?

That seems a bit...unrealistic.

We pretty much know who is going to be there, give or take a couple of players. Is one prospect not being there going to make you change your plans?

The practice and game schedules are out already, so that isn’t an issue.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
So, someone’s a big enough fan of the team that they are going to make the trip to Buffalo to watch, but only if they know the exact roster?

That seems a bit...unrealistic.

We pretty much know who is going to be there, give or take a couple of players. Is one prospect not being there going to make you change your plans?

The practice and game schedules are out already, so that isn’t an issue.
Nothing of the sort. Big enough fan to go, but not on the condition of knowing what the roster would be. Misrepresentation of my remark.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nothing of the sort. Big enough fan to go, but not on the condition of knowing what the roster would be. Misrepresentation of my remark.

You said:

“If one has hotel reservations and plans to attend the games in Buffalo, yeah it’s (the roster being announced) a big deal”.

The practice and game schedules are already set, so if I am going to BUF to watch these prospects practice and play games, why does the roster being announced matter when I can guess at the majority of the players that will be there?

It seems to me that you were just trying to bit** about the organization and make a mountain out of a molehill over nothing.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
BOSTON BRUINS PROSPECTS CHALLENGE ROOKIE ROSTER 2019.jpg

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Bruins looking at QMJHL. 'Lots of new names invited to rookie camp. 'Anybody seen them play....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A little surprised they didn’t take Lauzon or Zboril instead of some of the invites on D.

Forward group looks pretty solid.
Vaakanainen
Zech
Andersson
Sherman

Bjork
Frederic
Studnicka
Steen
Lauko
Chen
Hughes

Etc

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
3 OHL d-men on invites?

McCourt I would have interest in. Played on a dreadful team.

Sambrook is an over ager who the Wings drafted in 2016 and did not sign. I had him ranked 33rd from the OHL in 2016 and he was picked 29th from the O.

I don't see Perrott as being anything more then a shut down guy. Has never been a point producer.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I watched some of these players last year...

Who I'm anxious to see...

Asselin = excellent year last year in Halifax (my Halifax amigos have good things to say about him)
Bjork = let's see how he performs after his extended tour
Hughes = was fantastic last prospect challenge and did well in providence - he's going to surprise
Shen = dude was unreal past world juniors a sneaky 7th rounder pick by bruins
Steen = reading good things about him - can't wait to see him play live
Andersson = making life difficult for zboril?
Zech = played top minutes in short stint with Providence / didn't look out of place
Kyser = he dominated my ice dogs - going to be good one

Of course I want to see the obvious....but the above is more intriguing for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->