#59 KINGS v BJ'S , beat 'em 2-1 ... it's Panda-monium !!!!

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
I decided to get these off the GDT just in case somoene missed them...
74-BAD-chinese-food-av2.jpg

74-BAD-chinese-food-av1.jpg

tavares91fan

Jan 27, 2014
What a miserable fan base the Canucks are. Love seeing them act like weasels in every Brown thread.

They deserve all the misery they have gone through. The best part is just watching the collapse. Went from the finals to losing in the first round, to getting swept in the first round to probably missing the playoffs completely.

I'm with you, I despise Torts and I hope he doesn't land here on the west coast, if so I hope its in Anaheim lol, I was glad he got the boot for 15 games it shoulda been more, Nucks fans just mad cause they rock in regular season and hang it up during playoffs

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
What a miserable fan base the Canucks are. Love seeing them act like weasels in every Brown thread.

They deserve all the misery they have gone through. The best part is just watching the collapse. Went from the finals to losing in the first round, to getting swept in the first round to probably missing the playoffs completely.
Isn't that insulting to weasels???

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Considering how hated the Kings are, mainly due to Dustin Brown, it might be the appropriate theme for the Kings.

Last I checked, that bgm is now associated with the Miami Heat, not the L.A. Kings.

Lebron James = Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Dwayne Wade & Chris Bosh = Scott Hall and Kevin Nash
...for starters.

If anything, this is the L.A. Kings:

Of course, the next logical step for the Kings: they need to win the 2014 Stanley Cup, then have a threepeat. After all, even Kings need dynasties. :naughty:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider

#CBJ coach Todd Richards: "It looked like a forearm right to the chin. The primary point of contact was the head. I don’t know what else...

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider

Richards, 2/2: ...you have to do to get a five minute major, and the guy has done it before."

Give me a break and put a sock in it.

Ron*

Was at the game, had a perfect view of the winning goal, shouted to Reghr "shoot it!" I am sure he did not hear me, but...

...been waiting for that one all year long. He has a very good underrated shot from the blue line, it just always seems to get blocked or he shoots it wide on purpose to get a rebound off the boards...but he got all of that one.

I feel good for the guy, he seemed absolutely jazzed when he scored it. :)

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
for those that missed the Brown hit courtesy of Fred Murtz and of course the first comment had to have come from a nucks fan.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So what do you guys think is up with Richards and how he looked different when he was on the ice with Carter? Is it because he feels more comfortable in Carter's speed and back checking ability over Williams and Brown? Is his success that dependent on Carter?

Before the Kings acquired him, Philly fans were saying how they rarely if ever played together, but since bringing him in LA, seems like Carter's been most productive playing with Richards, and vice versa. It's almost like that Sedin twin syndrome where they are a productive duo together and not so much when they're not playing together (which has only occurred due to injuries).

The Richards we saw in OT was how he was playing when he was on top of his game earlier this season. In the periods before that, he was handling the puck like a hand grenade, much like his linemates.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
So what do you guys think is up with Richards and how he looked different when he was on the ice with Carter? Is it because he feels more comfortable in Carter's speed and back checking ability over Williams and Brown? Is his success that dependent on Carter?

Before the Kings acquired him, Philly fans were saying how they rarely if ever played together, but since bringing him in LA, seems like Carter's been most productive playing with Richards, and vice versa. It's almost like that Sedin twin syndrome where they are a productive duo together and not so much when they're not playing together (which has only occurred due to injuries).

The Richards we saw in OT was how he was playing when he was on top of his game earlier this season. In the periods before that, he was handling the puck like a hand grenade, much like his linemates.

IMO he's not a guy that keeps the puck on his stick for very long unless he has room to move around. He's simply not a puck possession type of guy.

IMO he plays better with Carter because Ricahrds will get Carter the puck as soon as he knows where Carter is going. Brown, much like Lewis, is bringing their entire lines down with some absolute pathetic play. I mean, when is the last time any forward on lines 2-4 has scored a ****ing goal? I know it's been at least 7 games. That is just freakin unacceptable.

I just think the Kings have a better shot at scoring if they split kopi and Carter up. They both can score regardless of who is on their lines.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Mike Richards, on skating with Dustin Brown and Justin Williams:
I think we’re starting to get a little more chemistry. The first couple games maybe we were almost just throwing the puck away, looking for people to be in different spots that they weren’t [in]. The first couple games we chased the puck a lot, just giving pucks away and not having that chemistry, and I think last game we made more plays. We had some scoring chances. Obviously, we got scored on a couple times, which isn’t very good, but I think [they were] some fluke goals. If we just keep playing together and working together and talking it out, I think it’ll come.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/02/05/what-about-the-brown-richards-williams-line/

They play different games and will need to adjust to the others playing style. Richards looks for guys (Carter) to go to a scoring area and get open for a pass. Brown/Williams dump/cycle and crash the net.

The Kopitar/Carter combo I believe is an attempt to force teams to play their top lines against Kopitar vs Richards. Also it is good for Kopitar's development to play with Carter and expand his game.

Oh yeah!!!! We won *****ES!!!!! RR!!!!

Game was a little brutal, but I'm not even mad!!!

Just please close or blow up that EDM deal before the Olympic deadline so the Gagner threads won't go on for 2 more weeks...

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 2m

Brown: "It's a fine hit...At this point, I don't know if we're allowed to hit anymore."

The hate for Brown on the main boards is just hilarious. EVERY HIT is a BAD hit by Brown according to HF.

It was a good, hard, skate-clearing hit. Brown glided into him (a bj fan posted Brown was going "full tilt" :laugh: )

But after the hit, a bj player took a couple of swings at Brown. How was that not a roughing / even up call? Or can players take swings after a hard hit now with no fear of a penalty being called?

This is even more abuse that Brown takes from the refs - it's total ********! it goes back to the "embellishment" call against him after Smith axe-chopped him in the back of the legs a few years ago. If you wanna call a charge, fine - but you gotta call the later free swings as well.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

It drives me absolutely NUTS, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been discussed more on this board....but I can't get over the fact, with all of the scoring issues, that Sutter hasn't reunited Kopitar-Brown-Williams and Richards-Carter for a few games to see what happens.

Yeah, we won last night, but it wasn't pretty.....offensively, they still looked pathetic.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
W and 2 pts

but....

these guys look like trash. exactly when and where did they loose the ability to make and control tape to tape passes? no one could hold on to the damn thing all night. this is part of the scoring problem, it's difficult to score when you can't pass the puck.

for all the talk about Corsi and LA puck possession last night was an example of how lame those stats are. far to many times last night LA never had the puck physically on their sticks. all that time mucking and grinding on the boards for offensive zone time doesn't mean **** if you can't get it on your tape and shoot. far too many dump and chase and clearing passes to nobody in empty space. LA relies on moving the puck into dead spots and then chasing it down. the problem is that every team knows this and is out hustling LA to the puck.

some of this is the fault of the ice surface at Staples. the amount of pucks bouncing over sticks is just awful. it happens to both teams, so it's equal footing. it's hard to ice a skilled team on home ice, when the ice is ****.

the ice aside, this team has so dumbed down their approach offensively its no surprise they can't score. opponents know what to expect and know how to defense them.

factor in the juggled line combos, which result in zero chemistry and this is a fiasco. i'm tired of watching Kopitar and Carter bumping into one another. i'm tired of watching Richards look to set someone up, but no one is in position. i'm tired of seeing Brown come down the left wing and either turn the puck over, or loose it on toe drag. etc.......total trash on offense

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I like how the ice is such a convenient excuse for some of you people, when they struggle to score, that's the reason. However, 5 goals on 10/19, 7 on 10/24, 5 on 11/9, 5 on 11/19 and 4 on 12/19 just to name a few, i'm willing to bet nobody complained those nights, and I can almost guarantee the ice hasn't changed much.

For the record, i'm not saying it's good. I just hate when people only bring something up when it's beneficial to them. (or their argument)

Last edited:

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
6 wins in the last 21 games. I'll take a win however it comes. Preferably a string of them but this roster HAS to be improved markedly by the trade deadline.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
it's difficult to score when you can't pass the puck.

the problem is that every team knows this and is out hustling LA to the puck.

the ice aside, this team has so dumbed down their approach offensively its no surprise they can't score. opponents know what to expect and know how to defense them.

If you can't make a pass and get out-hustled, you should dumb things down. Get back to basic execution. Moving feet, crisp tape to tape passes that have a purpose, etc.

It's also just hockey. There are only so many ways to play it. There is video everywhere of everyone. There are no secrets. It's about doing what you're supposed to do on the ice. The teams that accomplish that win more than teams that don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00