#59 KINGS v BJ'S , beat 'em 2-1 ... it's Panda-monium !!!!

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Look guys Brown is an open ice hitter which is dangerous. Yes the hit was clean but you cannot blame coaches, players, and fans getting upset. Most know it was legal but your still upset. Torres hit on Stoll would have been a vicious but clean hit if Stoll didn't drop his head. Last night if Murray ducks his head another 6" he probably has a concussion and Brown is suspended for sure.

As for Hertl what if we say Torres comes across to make an open ice hit on say Carter then realize nope I better get out of the way and they hit knee on knee and Carter seasons over. People here would be screaming at that SOB Torres he does this all the time kick him out of the league. Brown is just involved in these type of things to often and to keep defending him goes on deaf ears if your team is the recipient.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Look guys Brown is an open ice hitter which is dangerous. Yes the hit was clean but you cannot blame coaches, players, and fans getting upset. Most know it was legal but your still upset. Torres hit on Stoll would have been a vicious but clean hit if Stoll didn't drop his head. Last night if Murray ducks his head another 6" he probably has a concussion and Brown is suspended for sure.

As for Hertl what if we say Torres comes across to make an open ice hit on say Carter then realize nope I better get out of the way and they hit knee on knee and Carter seasons over. People here would be screaming at that SOB Torres he does this all the time kick him out of the league. Brown is just involved in these type of things to often and to keep defending him goes on deaf ears if your team is the recipient.

Under the same exact circumstances? No, I wouldn't be calling for the head of Torres. Yes, I do think these coaches are boobs and I do think they owe Brown an apology.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The thing is, the media and San Jose org assassinating Brown's character are the same that basically said "keep your head up rook" about the Torres/Stoll incident. So I could care less if other teams/coaches think he is dirty at this point, but it's absolute ******** for anyone surrounding San Jose to paint the picture of Brown as a vicious murderer who didn't apologize when everyone from their GM to prominent players to media were saying "too bad, hockey play." Not only were they non-apologetic, they were flat out dismissive, and defended their guy to a fault.

And I'm not even going to get into the Torres vs. Brown "Brown is involved too much" debate because that's a crock to me as well.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Courtesy of NHL.com...

The Kings were until a few days ago last in the League in shooting percentage at even strength (they have recently moved ahead of the Buffalo Sabres and are 29th at 6.2 percent, but there were no parades planned for the achievement). The Ducks, until recently, were leading the League in this category, but a recent slump has dropped them to second behind the Blues at 9.4 percent.

So where are the differences in these two teams? They are pretty similar, talent-wise, with the Ducks having probably a slight edge in forward depth but the Kings a similar small advantage in skill on the blue line. Stats community folks would point to luck and regression to the mean. Anti-stats people will say Anaheim is getting better shots, or guys are "bearing down" on their chances more.

None of these answers are really satisfactory. How do the Ducks have 52 more even-strength goals despite a relatively similar number of shots? Thanks to the fine work being done at Sporting Charts we can try to dissect where the goals are coming from.

There's an area of the ice that forms a triangle from the high slot to the blue line, and that's where the Kings' bad luck is pretty evident. Patrick Odell (@ducksallday) added said triangles to help visualize this.

goals-triangle-full.jpg
shots-triangle-full.jpg

The Ducks have a significant advantage in goals scored in this area, particularly in the high slot above the hash marks.

Now look at the shots in the same area. Without counting, it clearly looks like the Kings are getting as many or more shots from the different hot spots in this triangle.

The Ducks have produced more shots in and around the net, and that's a good base for why they have more goals, but the Kings' are definitely dealing with some bad luck, especially in the high slot and from the top of the offensive zone between where the two defensemen would typically set up.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wait, all other great info aside, how in the hell did we move ahead of any other teams in shooting % in the last little stretch :laugh:

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
@PollakOnSharks: No surprise, but @NHLPlayerSafety at least explained why Dustin Brown not getting SD for that hit on CBJ Ryan Murphy. #noteventhatforhertl

Cry more.

Maybe we should make a "Dirtiest Player on the Kings" poll in here and let all opposing fans vote on it like our overrated poll :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Or have Dustin Brown as the only options.

Or none of them...

This ^^^ Because we can

Always be ready to get hit, that way you don't get Hurt-l...too soon?:D

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I'm curious, why would Brown be suspended for sure in this case? If a player ducks his head that's on him.

FootKnight

This ****ing team
May 28, 2007

Uhhh, no. I don't know why some people are trying to force this connection between these two hits. Stoll leaned forward reaching for the puck and Torres, coming from the side, hit his shoulder and then his head. If nothing else changed on the play except that Stoll didn't lean forward Torres wouldn't have even made contact with him and just skated past in front of him. For the Brown hit, if nothing else changes except Murray didn't go down to his knee, Brown's shoulder contacts him in the chest.

The two hits aren't similar at all. If Torres had been coming from directly in front of Stoll, as Brown did on Murray, there wouldn't have been any problem with that hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad