Post-Game Talk: #59: FLYERS at Lightning, Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, 4:00 pm ET

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
that was honestly a great game though. Loved the fight more so in this game vs any come back game we had. Tampa is really really good. This game makes me crave flyers playoff hockey. Doesn't matter who we face, we are going to be a tough opponent. WE NEEEED ghost and patrick back to help the depth out. Pretty evident that pitlick and laughton are 4th line players. We can't have two 4th line players on the 3rd. We can get away with one

Yep, that was the most enjoyable Flyers loss this year I think.

Played a great team, yeh, had a shitty 1st but from there on out brought great play, over whole game was pretty even... took a good Vasi performance to not gift Flyers a point.

On a different day get a point, even if Tampa are the better team overall.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
tenor.gif

man-billion-dollar-dino-park-fails-miserably-and-now-reduced-using-public-transportation

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
love when we scored the 3rd goal and the flyers were going back to the bench TK is just giving it to the tampa bench lol

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

Played a great team, yeh, had a ****ty 1st but from there on out brought great play, over whole game was pretty even... took a good Vasi performance to not gift Flyers a point.

ya great effort overall toward the end. Easily could've scored or made it harder on Vasi if couts got a shot off earlier and tk got that on him. Vasi was kind of leaky today. He made some great saves but both of cout's chances and the tk chance were more misses from the shooters standpoint more so than vasi.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Sanheim was really, really solid.

it’s a shame most of the skaters were flat in the 1st period. They were beat by the Tampa Bay Vasilevskiy’s in the 2nd @ 3rd period. He’s very good.

Missed opportunities (see: Konecny open net on that 2-on-0 with Farabee) and an opponent playing at the peak of their powers did the Flyers in too.

Onto the next one

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
ya great effort overall toward the end. Easily could've scored or made it harder on Vasi if couts got a shot off earlier and tk got that on him. Vasi was kind of leaky today. He made some great saves but both of cout's chances and the tk chance were more misses from the shooters standpoint more so than vasi.

I think some of that though was Flyers creating so many good chances... Vasi is not often pressured and made to make great saves in quick succession... Flyers made him do that, and he bent heavily.

Reactions: flyersNducks

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto

Played a great team, yeh, had a ****ty 1st but from there on out brought great play, over whole game was pretty even... took a good Vasi performance to not gift Flyers a point.

My question after the first was...is this how TB always plays? That was ferocious...nice to see they couldn't maintain it, and as you say, Vasilevsky had to show up in great form to maintain a win for the home team

I agree...that was a candidate for best loss of season. I am certain the players can easily take something positive away from it.

Reactions: Appleyard

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The first period is the case you can make we could use improvement on 4th line. Provorov off game stuff happens. Couts play in 3rd was ridiculous.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
5vs5

Scoring chances 25-15 for Tampa
Goals 4-0 for Tampa

It's pretty obvious that during those 37 minutes, we were dominated.

At least we beat Florida as I expected a loss in both games. Now, we HAVE to at least split vs CBus....but win both and we are in control of things.

Reactions: TB87

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
My question after the first was...is this how TB always plays? That was ferocious...nice to see they couldn't maintain it, and as you say, Vasilevsky had to show up in great form to maintain a win for the home team

I agree...that was a candidate for best loss of season. I am certain the players can easily take something positive away from it.
If Tampa plays with that much snarl in playoffs sign me up for Boston/Tampa (assuming Flyers not 8 seed).

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I think some of that though was Flyers creating so many good chances... Vasi is not often pressured and made to make great saves in quick succession... Flyers made him do that, and he bent heavily.

would've loved for couts to get a goal. He absolutely deserved one as did tk (who was getting decked all night). Surprised he didn't get a shot off on either breakaway he had.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Im ok with that game. Its not getting a point out of the Islanders game that kills us.

Big win streaks propping up columbus and the islanders. Would be great if one of them could go on a slide to even it out.

Reactions: DaphneLion

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
If Tampa plays with that much snarl in playoffs sign me up for Boston/Tampa (assuming Flyers not 8 seed).
I'm confident Flyers are going to make it, they are clicking, they should have a good level of confidence, with best blend of vets, youth, goalkeeping and coaching we have seen for almost a decade in this team. #8 seed is a likely as any other spot...but I would be happy to watch that Flyer team go into battle.

Wondering how Ghost, and Patrick if he returns, fit into this puzzle and contribute to the positive. Early season lineup juggling certainly has settled down, and it has settles pretty well.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If tonight's officials can watch this before next game especially during the brawls it would be appreciated. Second period was really bad.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Played a very good team, had ups and downs, but it was entertaining and not a bad game overall. I can live with this.

We had a lot of very good chances but their goalie was just nuts. Our top line certainly came to play but unfortunately it didn't work out today.

At 5v5...

42.62 CF%
41.41 xGF%
42.86 HDCF%

So obviously they were better at 5v5...

As always, Hagg sucks at everything, Provorov sucks on the PP, and the refs can go suck a... umm... you know...

Let's also note that Giroux's scoring is also finally starting to match his quality of play. 9 points in his last 5 games, thanks to 1) not being on the wrong side of the PP anymore, and 2) not being at center anymore. He's still playing the same as he has been but the bad luck couldn't last forever. Great to see.

What might surprise some people is that JVR has 8 points in the last 5 games too. Guess he's not such a terrible detriment with negative value after all. ;)

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad