Post-Game Talk: #59: FLYERS at Lightning, Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, 4:00 pm ET

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Horrible 1st period. Very good 2nd and 3rd period.

This is team loss. Not Hart loss.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Game sucked for a good half - but the most enjoyable part for me was the guy who accused others of overreactions in the first, only to see him overreact in the third :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What can you say? Tampa is maybe THE elite team in the league. They are so talented, play so fast, and Brayden Point is my spirit animal. If we could come out in the 1st like we do in the 2nd and especially 3rd, we'd be that much more dangerous. But Tampa was f***ing going in that 1st too; it wasn't just the Flyers' mistakes.

Pet peeve: Niskanen with the net pulled as the 6th attacker. I know they scored once, but I don't understand how you don't go 5 forwards. It's not like Nisky's not a good player, but it's a wimpy safe move that HAS to have a negative goal impact over a large sample. More forwards always equals more offense.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
A lot of breakdowns and missed chances.

He’s a young goaltender but he needs to be better, and in turn the team can play Elliot less. I haven’t blamed Hart yet I believe, and am not directly doing so... However...

This is a team that doesn’t have the talent to consistently overcome meh goaltending.

Frustrating game. His .908 is falling with a .826 tonight. I get the notion of shot quality.

Reactions: Hexxxy

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What can you say? Tampa is maybe THE elite team in the league. They are so talented, play so fast, and Brayden Point is my spirit animal. If we could come out in the 1st like we do in the 2nd and especially 3rd, we'd be that much more dangerous. But Tampa was ****ing going in that 1st too; it wasn't just our mistakes.

Pet peeve: Niskanen with the net pulled as the 6th attacker. I don't understand how you don't go 5 forwards.

tenor.gif

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
that was honestly a great game though. Loved the fight more so in this game vs any come back game we had. Tampa is really really good. This game makes me crave flyers playoff hockey. Doesn't matter who we face, we are going to be a tough opponent. WE NEEEED ghost and patrick back to help the depth out. Pretty evident that pitlick and laughton are 4th line players. We can't have two 4th line players on the 3rd. We can get away with one

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Awesome Flyer effort. Yep, in first they were not ready for how heavy and rough and chippy the Lightning were prepared to play, but full credit, for the remainder of the game, they responded so well. So well. And they almost pulled it off...they should hold their heads high, this will be a game that all the players can remind each other of the level of intensity needed whenever they finally decide to start treating every regular season game as a playoff game, in preparation for actually reaching the playoffs, and then competing in it.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
It’s pathetic at this point how poorly we play the first 20 minutes of every game. Our boys work their asses off, it’s not as if they don’t care. It’s practically a given we come out making sloppy plays with the puck and just looking generally ill prepared. I have no answer for it, I’m truly lost as to why it happens near every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad