Post-Game Talk: #59: FLYERS 3 at Red Wings 1, Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019, 6:00 pm ET

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Mantha makes me think of Mothra, and I don't like Mothra. Mothra creeps me out. Like Mantha.

0388fe73c519cec9a9eb00fe4da6c62b.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I love how Mantha keeps getting auto corrected to Martha in some of you guys' posts.

Ahhhh Martha......I remember her well.....

A godly woman of eternal patience put on this earth by the Almighty to suffer, as Job did. And in so doing, test her moral fiber and devotion to the Lord. For only one truly deserving of salvation could enter into marriage with Jefe Hootenanny.

We may be free of him. But Martha suffers still. Pray for her.

uVbtj8M.png

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Fairly sure Ghost is hurt. He doesnt have any turning speed right now. Watch as larking and Mantha blow past him like he doesnt exist.

I think Gordon is trying to reduce the guys ice time to help him out. I hope its not a recurance of the last injury.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I’m not dumb enough to be happy with bad decisions simply because we won.

I’m a big picture person. It not costing us a win this time doesn’t prevent it from costing us in the future, which you can bet your life it will sooner than later if this continues.

The Flyers have won 12 of 14. The Flyers blue line play proves more than ever that they need to acquire a top 4 dman. With all the complaining about McDonald and crying for Gostisbehere. Sanheim's regressed play is getting overlooked. They need a competent dman added to these kids. They can't have 6 kids on the blue line next year. The crazy thing is that if Myers play proves to be NHL ready who you have pining for, makes Gostisbehere more susceptible to be traded. I personally just want to replace McDonald with a top 4 NHL dman in off season....how do you do that?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The Flyers have won 12 of 14. The Flyers blue line play proves more than ever that they need to acquire a top 4 dman. With all the complaining about McDonald and crying for Gostisbehere. Sanheim's regressed play is getting overlooked. They need a competent dman added to these kids. They can't have 6 kids on the blue line next year. The crazy thing is that if Myers play proves to be NHL ready who you have pining for, makes Gostisbehere more susceptible to be traded. I personally just want to replace McDonald with a top 4 NHL dman in off season....how do you do that?

Ok.

If they don't move any Dmen and Myers is added:

Provorov
Sanheim
Ghost
Gudas
Hagg
Myers
MacDonald

Buy out Macdonald, trade Gudas to free up space. Now you got 5 guys, get a Top 4 guys as you are requesting. Play Hagg/Myers on the 3rd pairing for now.

Provy/Sanheim
Ghost/New Guy
Hagg/Myers

Schlemko as the 7th

I don't see the add a Top 4 guy and you have to trade Ghost move here.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Saw the highlights. Some of Hart's saves were incredible. It's still hard to fathom as a Flyers fan we have him. We deserve him after all these years.

Classic Farmer play on that giveaway to Mantha :laugh:

Hagg's ice time was also awful, especially compared to Ghost. Why is it so difficult to play the better players? f*** me.

Nice job Simmonds to fight that dbag. Unfortunate he didn't knock him out.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
That was an ugly game though. This is a team game though and now we finally have a full team with competent, reliable netminding.

I genuinely wonder what our record would have been like with Hart under Hak.
You mean on injured reserve like rest of them?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They don’t have 6 kids.

Provorov plays like a vet, Ghost is the same age as Couturier, Sanheim doesn’t play like a kid, Gudas is obviously not a kid either... only Myers and Morin are inexperienced enough to be notable.

And Myers has no effect on Ghost. He’s not a comparable level of player.

No moves are necessary, outside of dumping or burying Hagg and MacDonald. The defense isn’t a problem at all if used properly. Making moves for the sake of making moves would be an awesome way to f*** the team.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa

22, 22, 22, 23, 25, 28,

I don't think that's too young considering Sanheim and Provy are clearly capable of top 4 minutes.

Adding a veteran D will mean a log jam which we have suffered long enough already.

Ghost and Myers can absolutely co-exist. We need more capable D with puck moving skills, not less

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
They don’t have 6 kids.

Provorov plays like a vet, Ghost is the same age as Couturier, Sanheim doesn’t play like a kid, Gudas is obviously not a kid either... only Myers and Morin are inexperienced enough to be notable.

And Myers has no effect on Ghost. He’s not a comparable level of player.

No moves are necessary, outside of dumping or burying Hagg and MacDonald. The defense isn’t a problem at all if used properly. Making moves for the sake of making moves would be an awesome way to **** the team.

What is this? Facts? Get out!

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He really needs to. As well as they are playing on this run, it is not realistic that they virtually run out the table to catch the last wildcard (for the right to be exhausted by playoff time and thereby decimated by Tampa Bay).

NHL Hockey Standings
Tied with Buff, but 5 behind Carolina and 6 behind Pitt and CBJ.
Now, CBJ may fade with Panarin and Bobrovsky are dealt. I don't see Pitt collapsing and Carolina is almost as hot as the Flyers right now.

It's still fun watching the kids really blossom. I only caught part of 2nd today, but Myers looked pretty good in the highlights. Hart, Sanheim and Provy are studs. Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny are playing lights out. Laughton is solid. Let's go Flyers!

Don't forget the nice assist on the GWG by JVR! :thumbu:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gordon isn't a good coach? Really? You're passing judgement on him already?

How can you do that when he has a flawed roster? By your standards, repeated often, you cannot judge him yet.

Results seem a lot better under Gordon. I guess adding Hart fixed the PK, and the PP.

Flyers PP: 12.9% under Hak, 22.9% under Gordon.

Flyers PK: 73.5% under Hak, 81.6% under Gordon.

Reactions: Tripod

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Results seem a lot better under Gordon. I guess adding Hart fixed the PK, and the PP.

Flyers PP: 12.9% under Hak, 22.9% under Gordon.

Flyers PK: 73.5% under Hak, 81.6% under Gordon.
FWIW I think the PP change is just luck, but Gordon definitely had an effect on the PK

Reactions: VladDrag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad