Post-Game Talk: #59: FLYERS 3 at Red Wings 1, Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019, 6:00 pm ET

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
6pm Sunday start is a no go for me, so all I saw was the 3rd. I hope the rest of the game wasn't that brutal. Ghost from what I saw wasn't played enough. He did good stuff every shift and wasn't rewarded. If he isn't injured there is no excuse.

Lindblom is good. Patrick is good. Hart is good.

Detroit deserves two losses for Mantha trying to brain Giroux.

5-Rules-for-Drinking-Rum-rum-on-the-rocks-720x720-slideshow.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Mantha turtles and throws one punch. What a pu$sy

Myers: good first shift, made 2 good outlet passes, one across 2 lines and one to with 2 forecheckers in his face. He made one turnover where it looked like he just stopped playing for a half second- probably thought there was a penalty called. Aggression on the forecheck caused a turnover leading to the Provorov goal. He looks a-ok out there. Made much more of a (positive) impact than the Golden Boys. Shall we take a look?...

Hagg: luckily he wasn't scratched in favor of Myers tonight. He's a rock back there.
  • Lets a Red Wing wide open on the back door in the first, luckily he whiffed. Hart would have had no shot.
  • Helm didn't whiff after he overpowered Hagg for the first goal Detroit goal. Tissue paper.
  • Later on he got a drop pass with room to walk to the net and fire from the top of the slot on the left side, but he drifts to the left half boards and shovels the puck behind the net. Possession status: gone.
Amac: Had that ghastly turnover but other than that I haven't laughed or exasperatedly said "jesus christ" in his direction. So that's something. Saved a goal with a shot block.

Jake: NHL's quietest 10 game point streak

Provorov: took control of a rush, drop pass, scoring chance. Strong game today and has continued his play since the ASB. I noticed a bad, fluttering outlet pass in the second period but that's the only one I saw that made me say yikes. That was his biggest issue in the first half of the year and he's really cleaned it up.

Sanheim: great keep to continue some of the best pressure of the 2nd. Scoring chance. Made a few gaffes today though, I wish he'd get put back to his more comfortable left side.

Patrick: looking like Jake lite out there against Kronwall of all people. Bided time to find a lane to the point. In return, Kronwall held him in the 3rd for 6 seconds and there was no call. Shocking, I know.
  • He's done a really good job at getting to scoring chances. Tonight with about 5 minutes left he found a soft spot in the slot and ripped 2 shots on net. Really coming together. Love to see it
Hart: gotta work on that puck movement, kiddo.
  • Read that sign that said something about being a "future tendy" after his post game interview hanging in the tunnel. Stopped, read the sign, smiled, gave the kid his stick. He's alright for a 20 year old. He's really alright.
Gordon: new boss, same as the old boss. How many 60 pt dmen get see ~12 mins of ice a season and a half removed. f*** off. Hagg played twice as much as Ghost.
  • HAGG PLAYED TWICE AS MUCH AS GOSTISBEHERE
giphy.gif

oKo4TkW.gif

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Boring hockey, but it's a win. 12-1-1. Very impressive. Pens also won, but Mtl could lose. They're also in the equation.

Reactions: Johnk0728

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
6pm Sunday start is a no go for me, so all I saw was the 3rd. I hope the rest of the game wasn't that brutal. Ghost from what I saw wasn't played enough. He did good stuff every shift and wasn't rewarded. If he isn't injured there is no excuse.

Lindblom is good. Patrick is good. Hart is good.

Detroit deserves two losses for Mantha trying to brain Giroux.

5-Rules-for-Drinking-Rum-rum-on-the-rocks-720x720-slideshow.jpg
Happy to see you remove the ice from your whiskey, heathen.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Been drinking Bulleit for many years but my new affordable favorite is Four Roses small batch. May just pour one of those. On vacation anyway...
Personal recommendation. If in the tri-state area, Hudson baby bourbon. Not super cheap and f*** New York, but it’s really good whiskey.

Reactions: Hexxxy

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There were many shots that seemingly would have resulted in goals under different netminders. The bounces, the deflections, the angles, the positioning or combinations of those and others would have been a net loss. Hart's abilities and confidence exudes and oozes triumphs even if one baby step at a time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad