Prospect Info: 58th Joni Ikonen

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The one bad news for me is that I'll have to start watching Kalpa again and they've still got one of the worst offense in the entire league :laugh: . Last season was no fun to watch, believe me.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully he doesn’t suck as much as last year.

I have a feeling he would have redeemed himself at the world Juniors. We'll never know how he would have done, but it would have been a nice baromoter.

Now, i'm just really looking forward to seeing him against his peers at development camp and hopefully the next rookie and main camps.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Talk about a development derail. Lets hope he stays healthy for the rest of the year and gains momentum heading into next year.

As long as the injury doesn't have lasting effects, I think he should be ok as far as his development is concerned.

I'm mainly disappointed in his injury because we didn't get to see him against his peers at this year's world juniors. Would have been a good barometer to see where he's at in his development.

He was really impressive against players his own age at our development camp.

Reactions: jaffy27

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If this guy makes it to the NHL it would be a miracle at this point IMO.
Regardless of that being the case or not, it was still a worthy gamble. One I would do over and over until we hit. That over picking safe prospects with no real upside any day of the week.

Picks like these should not dissuade the habs to continue drafting high upside high risk picks

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Regardless of that being the case or not, it was still a worthy gamble. One I would do over and over until we hit. That over picking safe prospects with no real upside any day of the week.

Picks like these should not dissuade the habs to continue drafting high upside high risk picks
Definitely, no problem with the pick, go big or go home should be the mantra.

Reactions: Legend123

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I actually like the Spengler cup quite a bit !
I love it as well, I missed it this year for the first time in 10 years, it has always been a favorite part of the holidays for me. It has a really cool vibe and I would love to go to see one live someday, seems like such a great party. Has anyone here ever gone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad