57th Obsequious Banter Thread - And now for the Lanthanides

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dana White was saying stuff about a Connor vs. Alvarez boxing match not that long ago. That just wouldn't end well if it actually happened which I doubt it will nor would I want it to. I think Connor will lose pretty convincingly but I don't think he'll take serious damage on even if Floyd were to get a knockout. Alvarez would not only knock him out but it would probably be similar to the Kirkland fight.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
That's what I've been saying about Conor. He gets tired too quick in his own fights, and he's fighting a guy who can go 12 and not break a sweat at 40-something.

Also, Conor's big punch in MMA is probably just a normal punch in boxing.

But, I'm rooting for Conor. I know it's a longshot, but I hate Floyd. Plus, Conor has a way of making things happen. He talked a huge game before fighting Aldo, who was the best fighter in the world for a the lead-up to the fight, and he knocked Aldo out in seconds...

You never know.

The only fights I remember Conor losing gas were against Diaz, who may be the real life equivalent to Rocky Balboa. I've never seen somebody take an ass kicking like that and keep moving forward.

Also, disagree on Conor's left being a normal punch. It's no joke.

Regardless, I'm amazed this guy was able to talk himself into a 100mil+ pay day. He literally has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Can't wait for this fight to be over, the hype and media coverage is ridiculous.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
conspiracy theorists are out with those 2 big bets on Floyd.
There is talk on sports radio of Floyd taking a dive from a lucky McGregor punch so they can both score even bigger purse in the rematch. Not buying it. but I can see it. Given just how corrupt boxing is.
I would put money on McGregor snapping and forgetting where he is and round house kicking Floyd in the head.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yep. Accumulation is a real thing, especially with a guy who has gone 25 minutes once and not longer than 10 before that. I'm sure he's training his ass off and will be prepared, but this is a long, long slog.

Or none of this could matter because Floyd breaks his hand again and we have a repeat of Baldomir from Round 6 on. That's actually the most interesting version of the fight to me.

Yeah, Malignaggi only ever KOd guys by punching them about 1,000 times with little soft love taps.

And speaking of Paulie, the fact that McGregor couldn't have his way with a fat over-the-hill Malignaggi in sparring bodes exceptionally poorly for him. Yes, Paulie in his prime was hard to hit. Mayweather is harder. And he hits back harder.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dana White was saying stuff about a Connor vs. Alvarez boxing match not that long ago. That just wouldn't end well if it actually happened which I doubt it will nor would I want it to. I think Connor will lose pretty convincingly but I don't think he'll take serious damage on even if Floyd were to get a knockout. Alvarez would not only knock him out but it would probably be similar to the Kirkland fight.

Canelo would embarass the hell out of Connor :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It's just going to hover over the coast for days. Some models are showing 60 inches of rain in some spots.

There are a few weather chasers out there right now and they are just plain nuts. They pulled up to a Fairfield hotel, a very modern hotel, and the back of the hotel was blow apart.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The amount of rain they are going to get is about what they get in 1 year! Nasty storm...damage will be pretty substantial once this monster clears.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
$500 on McGregor to win $2300.

Cause conspiracy theories.

But betting on Mayweather isn't worth doing with the odds, boxing is too shady.

Agreed on Mayweather bets.

I put scratch on Conor outright, and hedged that with Floyd by decision (2.5/1). Also put small amounts on Conor by KO/TKO/DQ (4/1), and Conor by decision (3000/1).

I don't think Floyd has the power to KO him, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad