57th Obsequious Banter Thread - And now for the Lanthanides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Nice atmosphere @ the uni. Lots of sciencey folks out in the courtyard all sharing glasses having fun.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It isn't protective to just cut out Cap'n Crunch's eyes and look through the holes.

I'm going to attempt to sell this marvel of human engineering on Ebay for the next time there is an eclipse in Philly....about 100 years from now. Considering what is in store for humanity by that time on this planet it might be the most technological piece of equipment on earth....:sarcasm:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Ha....kind of reminds me of that scene in Revenge of the Nerds where Lewis was comparing prescriptions with a female nerdette.

There was a lot of people jokingly calling each other nerds, for sure. Some NEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS went out, to reference a movie.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I'm going to attempt to sell this marvel of human engineering on Ebay for the next time there is an eclipse in Philly....about 100 years from now. Considering what is in store for humanity by that time on this planet it might be the most technological piece of equipment on earth....:sarcasm:

There's an even better eclipse in Philly in 2024. :laugh:

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
What are the chances of the last GoT episode leaking before this Sunday night? I cant wait that long.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There's an even better eclipse in Philly in 2024. :laugh:

Is that when you expect Matthew Strome to make the team? :naughty:

HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Matthew+Strome+LB-utaTNdSOm.jpg

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What are the chances of the last GoT episode leaking before this Sunday night? I cant wait that long.

Supposedly HBO was recently threatened that it would be leaked or it may be out by now on Pirate Bay or some other dark web location...

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
To anyone who's ever wondered why's he so orange, lol

:laugh:

His tint still doesn't beat Angelo Mozillo...

I think Obama and Trump as our last two presidents is in honor of the Flyers (The Orange and Black).....I've made a new avatar as a result.

Angelo-Mozilo_0.jpg

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jon Jones tested positive for steroids again lol.

I just don't understand how you catch the guy after the fact. It's not really fair to the other guy that he's in there with a juiced up opponent.

The same thing happened with Lesner. Maybe it's time to start looking at your drug testing policies if you're the UFC.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just don't understand how you catch the guy after the fact. It's not really fair to the other guy that he's in there with a juiced up opponent.

The same thing happened with Lesner. Maybe it's time to start looking at your drug testing policies if you're the UFC.

Theyd rather profit off the fight first.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well The Athletic certainly got one hell of a local lineup -- Kapadia, Bodner, and Charlie O'Connor is as good as it gets. This succeeding would do wonders for coverage.

*Edit* And Hofmann too now. The content should be fantastic.

Last edited:

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Well The Athletic certainly got one hell of a local lineup -- Kapadia, Bodner, and Charlie O'Connor is as good as it gets. This succeeding would do wonders for coverage.

*Edit* And Hofmann too now. The content should be fantastic.

This is great. Awesome lineup. I was intrigued by The Athletic ever since Columbus/Cleveland got Portzline, now I'm excited as we get our own with great writers.

What is it exactly? Just premium journalism, or something more Player's Tribune-ish with less athletes?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
McGregor thinks he's going to win in the 1st round.

Making a fat, over-the-hill Malignaggi go a full 12rds by surprise and failing to pound him anyway seems to have given him a weird level of confidence. I assume his strategy is to go all in early. Again...Ricky Hatton. He did this. He ate straights until he involuntarily fell asleep.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm fully expecting Mayweather to pick McGregor apart but i'm hoping Connor shocks the world. I'm not even a McGregor fan either. I just hate Mayweather that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad