Post-Game Talk: #57: Flyers at Canadiens, Friday, February 19, 2016

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You're right, voraceks glide in and shoot into the goalies leg pads every time is really top notch stuff. It's the epitome of effort and creativity. Hey, he scored that one time so it's a great move!!

Of course. Surely it's a lack of effort! They just don't care when it gets to the shootout. They play hard for 65 minutes and then just stop trying. I wonder why they don't want to win anymore? Crazy, right?

And yeah, not sure why Voracek shoots for the pad instead of trying to get it past the goalie. Maybe he never had the shootout properly explained to him and he doesn't understand? Why else would he intentionally shoot at the pad? It couldn't possibly be because they're just bad at it, it's a lack of motivation.

Brilliant analysis, thank you! :laugh:

It's amazing how easily some of you get controlled by your anger at losing and completely throw away logic.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Stuck in the neutral zone, but on the ice for 18 CF and only 12 CA.

Those pesky facts getting in the way of a lazy narrative once again.
Same advanced stats that said Matt Carle was equivalent to Ryan suter. They really tell the true story.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Of course. Surely it's a lack of effort! They just don't care when it gets to the shootout. They play hard for 65 minutes and then just stop trying. I wonder why they don't want to win anymore? Crazy, right?

And yeah, not sure why Voracek shoots for the pad instead of trying to get it past the goalie. Maybe he never had the shootout properly explained to him and he doesn't understand? Why else would he intentionally shoot at the pad? It couldn't possibly be because they're just bad at it, it's a lack of motivation.

Brilliant analysis, thank you! :laugh:

It's amazing how easily some of you get controlled by your anger at losing and completely throw away logic.
Amazing how some people cant see the obvious lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Actually, Sean "too slow to be anything but a 3C" Couturier is my favorite Flyer, but I take an interest in any player for whom the level of criticism becomes outlandish and exaggerated.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
Let's not blame the shootout. The Flyers went up against a team that has lost 24 of 32 and are extremely ****ed in the head. The Habs are/were in a state of disarray. The Flyers should of came in and taken the game to them. This was one of the more borings game of the year.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
In the absence of any sort of reason, what is there but stupid speculation...

I really wish I knew why they can't put it together in the SO.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Advanced stats are constantly used to attack MacDonald so it's funny to find out they are apparently totally worthless. AMac will be thrilled.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don't know why so many people can't see that there's a middle ground. They act like it either has to be 100% advanced stats or completely ignoring them.

You can, and should, be somewhere in the middle where they're used to support analysis and opinions.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Yes, of course. "The obvious" being that they don't try to win shootouts. They just don't care. :laugh:

So embarrassed that anonymous people on a message board think their effort in the shootout is acceptable. How can I live my life knowing striker on hfboards thinks his opinion is right and that I should be ashamed for stating mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Advanced stats are constantly used to attack MacDonald so it's funny to find out they are apparently totally worthless. AMac will be thrilled.
No the eye test is constantly used to attack amac. You know like actually watching the game being played. I know it sounds foreign but if you watch the game, you can see his sucky play too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A-Mac sucked tonight, period.

What a convincing argument. :sarcasm:

Funny how I haven't seen one post in this thread about Schultz's goal. Just imagine the angry posts if that had been MacDonald. There's enough anger as it is from people mad they can't find a way to pin the loss on him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's not an opinion, it's a fact. The fact is, they care about scoring in the shootout, they just suck at it.

There's a difference between acceptable results and acceptable effort. The results aren't good enough, but it's obviously not a matter of trying or not.

If you take some deep breaths and calm down maybe you can see reality past the anger.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Vicious elbow from Subban on Giroux. Should have been a 5 minute major right there. Minimum a 2 minute minor. Nope. Typical. Going to the game tomorrow, G better be ok and playing or I am going to be pissed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Well he was with Ghost, so that makes sense.

Except Ghost does not have particularly strong possession numbers given his usage. MDZ, Gudas and Medvedev are all significantly ahead of him in that regard. Check out his CF with Schultz from the Devils game and Manning's CF60 with Ghost if you think playing with Ghost guarantees a lot of shot attempts.

Of course, he's miles ahead of every other dman in scoring points.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you're not being blinded by anger then it's just wild ignorance... I was trying to give you some credit but if you insist...

Either way, the conclusion you came to was very clearly not one that comes from rational thought. That's the point here.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
If you're not being blinded by anger then it's just wild ignorance... I was trying to give you some credit but if you insist...

Either way, the conclusion you came to was very clearly not one that comes from rational thought. That's the point here.
I forgot your thought is the only rational one. Anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad