Post-Game Talk: #57 FLYERS 5 at Wild 4, Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, 8:00 pm ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm also amused by the fact that the GDT was a shitshow pre-game with a discussion of how some people think it's totally reasonable to bench one of your best offensive players in a game you're trailing the whole way, and then Ghost actually does get benched and ends up with two assists anyway.

Last edited:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I'm also amused by the fact that the GDT was a ****show pre-game with a discussion of how some people think it's totally reasonable to bench one of your best offensive players in a game you're trailing the whole way, and then Ghost actually does get benched and ends up with two assists anyway.
wasn't only pre game lol

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Literally

Is he even alive? Haven't heard his named mentioned lately. Thought it was like a 2 week injury

I honestly have no idea. My guess is we’ve seen the last of him one way or another.

I’d have to imagine he’s a serious candidate to retire after his contract runs up this year. His body has taken a lot of abuse these last four years just here. When he does play he’s not even good anymore on top of it either.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I honestly have no idea. My guess is we’ve seen the last of him one way or another.

I’d have to imagine he’s a serious candidate to retire after his contract runs up this year. His body has taken a lot of abuse these last four years just here. When he does play he’s not even good anymore on top of it either.

He might decide that just staying home and banging Gudas' sister is better than all this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This only makes any sense if every one of his seasons is like this. They haven't been, and they won't be.

Here’s the thing on that: if he doesn’t figure it out, and you’re wrong, you have Marc-Andre Bergeron on a bad contract instead. It’s a sell-low asset right now, but the real question lies in risk-aversion. He’s not playing for the regime that watched him put up 65 points after he went on record essentially saying he tuned out the coach. It’s one that’s seen gains made by other players while he makes mistakes that would’ve forced Matt Carle into witness protection.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Neuvirth died for Hextall’s/Hakstol’s sins.

iu

Yeah, but Neuvy's alright.

I'll always remember his .981 SV%, .67 GAA in the series against the Caps. Heck of a performance.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Here’s the thing on that: if he doesn’t figure it out, and you’re wrong, you have Marc-Andre Bergeron on a bad contract instead. It’s a sell-low asset right now, but the real question lies in risk-aversion. He’s not playing for the regime that watched him put up 65 points after he went on record essentially saying he tuned out the coach. It’s one that’s seen gains made by other players while he makes mistakes that would’ve forced Matt Carle into witness protection.

Neither Carle nor MAB showed anything like Ghost's skillset.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He doesn't need to get 70 points to still be a fantastic value.

And as recently as last year, he was perfectly fine as a 25 minute dman.

His average last year was under 22, so it’s rational to assume that’s an abberation. If you’re thinking about being a top contender, someone on your defense unit has to be at that level

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Hagg: had to laugh when he shoveled a NZ backhand 9 foot pass to his partner's skates resulting in a 3-2 which was botched, luckily.

Ghost: that turnover to Kunin tells me he's all sorts of messed up. There honestly wasn't even a plan there. imo, best way to turn him around is to have him not be "the guy" on his pair. So he can just play and use his skills and anticipation. Enough Amac and Hagg. Get Provy and Ghost back together, get Sanheim and Gudas back together, and put Myers the f*** in there.
  • Assist on the PP was nice though. Good shot selection- identified a lane and kept it low and hard
  • Had a good chance on the 2nd pp too. I like how he's creeping up on the play, almost like a 5 on 3. Allows him to unload with some forward momentum, and that's how he scores a lot of those patented Ghost bombs that either hit net or end up giving JVR a rebound opportunity. Hopefully some bounces go his way and he gets some confidence back. 2 apples tonight might contribute.
Sanheim: loves that wide power move. I love it too. Turned into a pass today, works for me.

Stolarz: first goal was bad. Get to the post, my guy. That's 2 tonight. I forgive you after that amazing pad save though and an overall strong game.

AMac: smokes Coots with a shot. Shocking, I know.

Provorov: continuing to play well. Led another of one man band rushes
  • Real nice outlet from goal to red line to Simmonds, who then stumbled and tried a spinning backhand pass to Patrick which was f***ed from the beginning. Shocking, I know. Good pass from Provy though
  • That 3-1 in the 2nd where he raced up the NZ, distancing from backcheckers, then pulled a little half toe drag to change the angle on Dubnyk and ripped a seed on net. Nice.
Jake: what if I told you he is on a 8 game point streak? Shocking, I know. That play where he tried to wrap it around in the 1st with a Wild player draped all over him was just something else.

Can we please get some competency behind the bench for the first time in the last 5 years? Ghost benching in the 3rd and TK to the 4th line? The PP has to go stop being overthunked. Get G back to his spot and get Simmonds the f*** off of it. Have Patrick captain PP2 with Sanheim up top. Nevertheless, it got it done tonight. Yay. PK stepped up too. That's the difference- if they pot a PPG or 2 yesterday they come out on top.

Strong special teams and goaltending gives you a chance to win and sets the table for comebacks. Both of those happened tonight. I hope Ghost builds on this and really hope we see Myers on Saturday.

oKo4TkW.gif

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Ghost played 11 mins, huh?

TK played 10 mins?

Gordon getting close to the playoffs seems to have changed his coaching style?

Provy played 30?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
If Ghost alone was having these terrible turnovers, I would say there is something to worry about with him however it’s the entire defense. So unless guys like Provorov, Ghost and Sanheim all forgot how to play hockey or are all terribly overrated, there might be a team system element at play that some better coaching could fix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad