#56 KINGS lose to PENGUINS 4-1 in Regulation

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm asking if you're the GM on the other end of the phone with Lombardi, are you trading for Brown or Richards, with those very long contracts, one of which has yet to kick in, and with both players, in theory, breaking down physically because of all the years of wear and tear on not the biggest of frames?

What would you be willing to give up to get either Brown or Richards? Your own bad contract? A 4th line nothing? A top prospect or high pick? A top 6 forward?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Cammalleri was supposed to come back tonight but was a late scratch. They said he was still concussed, but who knows.

MC has a limited NTC, he has 7 teams he can reject a trade to. I don't think the Kings would be on that reject list, so it's possible.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think people have blown this supposed "rift" between Lombardi and Cammalleri way out of proportion. Cammalleri has said positive things about LA and always enjoys coming back here, still says it's like being like home to him when he plays here.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think people have blown this supposed "rift" between Lombardi and Cammalleri way out of proportion. Cammalleri has said positive things about LA and always enjoys coming back here, still says it's like being like home to him when he plays here.

That's cause he scores here. :sarcasm:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There is always a sucker, I could see the morons running the show in Edmonton thinking either one would be the ideal player for their young roster.

If I were a GM myself, No, I would not touch either, just way to much risk and not enough reward. I think they are both horrible contracts and have so many negative things going along with them. Nearing 30, decrease in offensive production, severe drop off in other facets of the game that made them valuable, and both these deals have a long long long way to go. Like I said, as a Kings fan, I shudder to think what Brown and Richards will be playing like when these contracts are up when they are 37 and 35 respectively.

Other than Smyth's desire to go back to Edmonton, the Oilers weren't going to trade for him. It's not like they called the Kings. Plus, Smyth only had a year left on his deal.

Brown and Richards are terrible, and only going to get worse, but there must be a sucker out there willing to take them? Maybe Sather would do it, since he has a job for life in NY, but he's usually pretty good making trades. McPhee in Washington also seems to have a job forever, so maybe he would do it. However, who knows what you would have to take back.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I don't. He's getting paid 7,000,000. Does this every year no matter who his partner is. That's the player he is.

If I'm complaining about players Doughty is at the end of the list. When the defense goes on an extended stretch where they play like absolute **** like the offense has, I'll gladly start complaining. The Kings defense is the least of my worries. In fact it's the only reason I haven't given up on this team.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
1 goal in the past 24 games for Drew Doughty
1 goal in the past 18 games for Justin Williams
1 goal in the past 31 games for Mike Richards
1 goal in the past 37 games for Slava Voynov
1 goal in the past 20 games for Dwight King
1 goal in the past 12 games for Jarret Stoll
1 goal in the past 10 games for Dustin Brown
1 goal in the past 14 games for Tyler Toffoli

Offensive struggles like that aren't going to result in many goals. Flat out, this team is out of shape and out of gas. Good luck on Olympic ice to Doughty and Dustin Brown. They're going to be eaten alive.

1 goal in the past 25 games for Jake Muzzin.
1 goal in the past 23 games for Jordan Nolan.
1 goal in the past 28 games for Matt Frattin.
1 goal in the past 28 games for Kyle Clifford.
1 goal in the past 14 games for Alec Martinez.
0 goals in the past 31 games for Colin Fraser.

2 goals(hooray!) in the past 9 games for Trevor Lewis.

That's everyone but Carter and Kopitar, and then Mitchell, Greene, and Regehr.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
How can you say that? He plays the most minutes.

Look at his stats. I think the lack of support from the blueline (including Voynov and Muzzin with him) is really hurting the team. Considering what he's paid, Doughty has to do more with the minutes he is given. He's part of the problem on the PP. That's how I can say that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If I'm complaining about players Doughty is at the end of the list. When the defense goes on an extended stretch where they play like absolute **** like the offense has, I'll gladly start complaining. The Kings defense is the least of my worries. In fact it's the only reason I haven't given up on this team.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that having a different partner wouldn't solve his problems. He has not worked at anything that made him a good player and made himself a better player. He is all talent, doesn't appear to be that big on work ethic. He's awful as a PP QB too.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
obama-kool-aid-iv-61294040731.gif

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that having a different partner wouldn't solve his problems. He has not worked at anything that made him a good player and made himself a better player. He is all talent, doesn't appear to be that big on work ethic. He's awful as a PP QB too.

I agree on that last part, but he's constantly put on the power play. I wouldn't have him out there. But hey, I'm not their coach.

KingKopitar11*

Look how do you expect Doughty to qb the powerplay when everyone knows our blue line has the puck mostly on the PP. It's so predictable. All they do is pass to Doughty, and the players are already taking away his Lane. The PP is everyone's fault. The blue line has too much of a role ON PP.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Sutter:
“They scored the first minute, we battled back, and Kopi made a big power-play goal. They got the five-on-three and it was pretty tough to get a save in there and it takes the wind out of you. You can’t be pissed for scoring one goal, but it’s not just about scoring goals. We won in San Jose, that was a tough game, we didn’t score in Phoenix so we lost, and tonight we lost.”

I'm at a loss of words here with Sutter, you can't be pissed for scoring one goal? They are scoring at a 1.5 g/g clip over the past twenty or so games, this is out of control! Plus, he's putting the win against the Sharks on a pedestal, they scored one freaking goal in that game, you can't expect to win games one to nothing!!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Doughty is awful as a PP QB. He is good because he can rush the puck into the zone, but once it's set-up he is worthless. Same with Muzzin, Voynov, Richards, Stoll and AMart.

They need Kopitar back on the point running things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad