#56 KINGS lose to PENGUINS 4-1 in Regulation

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Makes a grown man wanna cry... I wish all our guys were staying home over the Olympic break and spending it in a hyperbaric chamber.

Actually maybe Brown, Doughty and Voynov can get some confidence or lost skill back by playing with someone else for awhile.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Sutter is just at a loss here with this team. He sounds like he would rather be having a root canal or passing a kidney stone than talking to the media about this disaster.

But I still have a hard time totally blaming him, when you have two top six forwards on your roster you are going to struggle to score and I don't care how good your D is, you are going to struggle to win.

Dean shares quite a bit of this blame to, with not addressing this in years past and signing the laughably bad Stoll and RR extensions which have limited who he can get right now. Dean had a great year leading up to the Cup, since then he has had a couple of poor ones.

Sutter looks and sounds that way even when the Kings are winning 10 in a row. The only time he looks happy is when he's home on the ranch or winning the cup.

I don't care who is coaching even if it is a 5 year Asian kid who speaks no English the offense can't be this bad. These are professional Hockey players and there is no excuse for this. The only thing I can think of is they are to complacent to many good guys who are afraid to point fingers. They could really use a Carcillo right now. He is someone who can go nuts and cause the Kings players to wake up and play with emotion because its going to get really chippy.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Lemme guess... Tyler Toffoli?

Not sure what you mean by this. I'm saying getting squid isn't going to solve all the issues. He is a sniper that won't get to shoot on the PP since the entire PP is trying to get shots from the point.

I was replying regarding about him wanting to play for the kings. I honestly don't see a reason why he would want to.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Because they're 5-12-2 in their last 19. Included in there was the 8 consecutive minutes on a PP, with a minute of a 5-on-3 mixed in, with barely a shot on net, or any pressure in the zone at all. Also including what happened in Detroit. Scoring 1.47 goals per game over those 19 games. Scoring 1.24 goals per game in 17 of those 19 games. Scoring 3 goals in the last 5 games, all by a single player. A team shooting percentage of 2%, while average 30 shots per game, in those 5 games. Two separate 5 game losing streaks.

Geeze, that is tough to look at

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
hey remember that time this year when we didnt suck ass? I believe it was a Thursday. That was a good day

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If you ain't cheating...
836464341.png

This was just moments before he scored.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Because they're 5-12-2 in their last 19. Included in there was the 8 consecutive minutes on a PP, with a minute of a 5-on-3 mixed in, with barely a shot on net, or any pressure in the zone at all. Also including what happened in Detroit. Scoring 1.47 goals per game over those 19 games. Scoring 1.24 goals per game in 17 of those 19 games. Scoring 3 goals in the last 5 games, all by a single player. A team shooting percentage of 2%, while average 30 shots per game, in those 5 games. Two separate 5 game losing streaks.

Someone during the postgame show said it's doubtful it will go below 3 pct. , they were wrong. I'm guessing Muzzin,Doughty,and Voynov are at the bottom of shooting percentages by d-men. I haven't seen a Muzzin shot get through and hit the net in a week and between the three of them last night, they must've had 9 shots blocked from the point.:shakehead

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Someone during the postgame show said it's doubtful it will go below 3 pct. , they were wrong. I'm guessing Muzzin,Doughty,and Voynov are at the bottom of shooting percentages by d-men. I haven't seen a Muzzin shot get through and hit the net in a week and between the three of them last night, they must've had 9 shots blocked from the point.:shakehead

If anything it's cause for optimism because again, there's no way opposing goalies rock the kings for 98% sv % for the remainder of the season.

Re: the Mayor, Hextall is saying it's one of the great mysteries around the league. It's just bizarre, honestly.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I like how they were willing to let his slew foot go but just had to protect him from the two big bad Kings stick fouls.

God I ****ing hate that guy.

Just like with everything, it's about the points. He gets away with it because he's an elite player. Same thing with Ovechkin.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I like how they were willing to let his slew foot go but just had to protect him from the two big bad Kings stick fouls.

God I ****ing hate that guy.

I know. I have seen two penalties called against different players before on one shift, but have never seen a single player draw two penalties on the same play EVER.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad