#56 KINGS lose to PENGUINS 4-1 in Regulation

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
No coach is going to come out and say, "But hey, this loss is on our offense. It's been absolute trash for months and the only reason we are even surviving was our great start."

KingKopitar11*

Sutter:
“They scored the first minute, we battled back, and Kopi made a big power-play goal. They got the five-on-three and it was pretty tough to get a save in there and it takes the wind out of you. You can’t be pissed for scoring one goal, but it’s not just about scoring goals. We won in San Jose, that was a tough game, we didn’t score in Phoenix so we lost, and tonight we lost.â€

I'm at a loss of words here with Sutter, you can't be pissed for scoring one goal? They are scoring at a 1.5 g/g clip over the past twenty or so games, this is out of control! Plus, he's putting the win against the Sharks on a pedestal, they scored one freaking goal in that game, you can't expect to win games one to nothing!!

Sutter is a good part of the problem, it's that monotone attitude he has of defense thats also messing up the team.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Sutter is just at a loss here with this team. He sounds like he would rather be having a root canal or passing a kidney stone than talking to the media about this disaster.

But I still have a hard time totally blaming him, when you have two top six forwards on your roster you are going to struggle to score and I don't care how good your D is, you are going to struggle to win.

Dean shares quite a bit of this blame to, with not addressing this in years past and signing the laughably bad Stoll and RR extensions which have limited who he can get right now. Dean had a great year leading up to the Cup, since then he has had a couple of poor ones.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Regardless of how this season transpires I see Dean doing some major work this offseason. We already needed an overhaul on the backend, but the entire bottom six needs to be retooled and Kopitar needs a winger.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Regardless of how this season transpires I see Dean doing some major work this offseason. We already needed an overhaul on the backend, but the entire bottom six needs to be retooled and Kopitar needs a winger.

The bottom six needed to be retooled after last year and Dean returned the same exact group, with the exception of Carcillo for Richardson.

I think this is the type of bottom six DL and DS want, I don't think they have any intention of having three lines capable of scoring. They think they can grind the hell out of teams like Chicago and Anaheim.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I want to see more of Toffoli-Kopi-Carter, or whatever combination of the three that was at the end of the game

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The bottom six needed to be retooled after last year and Dean returned the same exact group, with the exception of Carcillo for Richardson.

I think this is the type of bottom six DL and DS want, I don't think they have any intention of having three lines capable of scoring. They think they can grind the hell out of teams like Chicago and Anaheim.

Condensed season made the Kings offense look pretty good. It isn't.

Dean needs to drop loyalty card for a few days and pull the trigger on a few trades.

I din't argue with the Stoll and Regher contracts at the time, all things considered, but they need to be taken off the books now. Way too much money being spent on two average players.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Cammalleri was supposed to come back tonight but was a late scratch. They said he was still concussed, but who knows.

MC has a limited NTC, he has 7 teams he can reject a trade to. I don't think the Kings would be on that reject list, so it's possible.

LA: Cammy

CAL: Clifford +

I guess Cammy gets his old #13 back which had belong to KFC.

I'm really feeling this!!!

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Kings and Pens always had many players that played for both teams.

Robitaille, Coffey, Sandstrom, Lang, Stevens, Tocchet, Straka, Murray. And ofcourse Jim Paek

... and perhaps too obvious for anyone to mention: RS.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It makes sense doesn't it? Fast food franchise and smell of fish, seafood???

If it does happen, I'd be ecstatic for Cammy!!! I'm sure he's been itching to get back to LA.

I always love the idea of acquiring a player from a bottom feeder. He'd work his ass off. I'd be very happy for him.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
It makes sense doesn't it? Fast food franchise and smell of fish, seafood???

If it does happen, I'd be ecstatic for Cammy!!! I'm sure he's been itching to get back to LA.

Honestly, if you are a sniper, do you really want to come to play for the Kings? I don't see how he's going to help this team much. It's going to take more than 1 player to make a difference.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Glad I DVR'd the game. Fast, uptempo, passes/plays in the offensive zone, tons of pressure up ice, jumping breakouts, keeping feet moving drawing penalties, hard hitting, first Kings game in a long time that's been entertaining. Well that was more due to the Penguins then the Kings, but what ever, have to be realistic about the number of games you expect to win scoring 1 goal.

The Cammy thing makes sense on one level. Burke seems like the type that would go after Clifford in a trade. Flames already have Sven and may not be looking at Toffoli, Buff/NYI may want Toffoli. Then replace Clifford with Andy or something.

Back to the game!!! Did you see the offensive passing? All nice and crisp, dude get the puck immediately throws it across the crease because he know someone is going to be there.

Oh yeah and Williams you got WTF Owned by a back up goalie!!!! :laugh:

And the Kings get lucky with a coyotes and sharks loss.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
God we suck. Glad I went to sleep after the 2nd.

I bet Dean is about to make a big move though to aquire a LW, I hear rumors it's Ethan Moreau.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
3-6-1 in their last 10. Why does it feel even worse than that?

Because they're 5-12-2 in their last 19. Included in there was the 8 consecutive minutes on a PP, with a minute of a 5-on-3 mixed in, with barely a shot on net, or any pressure in the zone at all. Also including what happened in Detroit. Scoring 1.47 goals per game over those 19 games. Scoring 1.24 goals per game in 17 of those 19 games. Scoring 3 goals in the last 5 games, all by a single player. A team shooting percentage of 2%, while average 30 shots per game, in those 5 games. Two separate 5 game losing streaks.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Because they're 5-12-2 in their last 19. Included in there was the 8 consecutive minutes on a PP, with a minute of a 5-on-3 mixed in, with barely a shot on net, or any pressure in the zone at all. Also including what happened in Detroit. Scoring 1.47 goals per game over those 19 games. Scoring 1.24 goals per game in 17 of those 19 games. Scoring 3 goals in the last 5 games, all by a single player. A team shooting percentage of 2%, while average 30 shots per game, in those 5 games. Two separate 5 game losing streaks.

Makes a grown man wanna cry... I wish all our guys were staying home over the Olympic break and spending it in a hyperbaric chamber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad