GDT: #56 | FLYERS (H) vs. Devils (A) | Monday, May 10, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
At least NJ fans can say they watched their team win 3 Stanley Cups since they have been fans.

Most of us have not seen any as a Flyers fan.
That is certainly overlooked

teams like NJ and Detroit had such long, sustained periods of success that it was always bound to come crashing down afterwards when you trade every future asset possible and have two of the oldest teams in the NHL.

The same will happen in some years to teams like Pittsburgh; who win multiple Cups or are top contenders for a decade or more and will have to tear it down to rebuild.

this is contrary to teams like Chicago, who had sustained success but chose to do a partial rebuild with their leading vets still around. This is a safer yet less rewarding route

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m not sure what’s funnier. That he simply MUST respond to every 10 follower account whose cat runs across a keyboard......or the response.

“Work miracles with a flawed roster.” Besides goalies, you’d think this roster is the Red Wings. It’s crazy to me, but perhaps a coach can be evaluated on his own doings too. Especially one touted as among the greatest in the game and earning 5 big ones.

#beaf***ingflyer
#yourethepiecewearemissing
#doomed

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m not sure what’s funnier. That he simply MUST respond to every 10 follower account whose cat runs across a keyboard......or the response.

“Work miracles with a flawed roster.” Besides goalies, you’d think this roster is the Red Wings. It’s crazy to me, but perhaps a coach can be evaluated on his own doings too. Especially one touted as among the greatest in the game and earning 5 big ones.

"Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

The goalies deep sixed both the 2018-19 season and this season.
You can coach around mediocre goalies (Hak did in 2017-18, Q is doing so this year in Florida), but putrid goalies? Good luck!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At least NJ fans can say they watched their team win 3 Stanley Cups since they have been fans.

Most of us have not seen any as a Flyers fan.

Its been 18 years since the Devils last won. Kinda crazy.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
AV is having a horrible season. AV has also never won a Cup and the last real shot he had at winning it was with Vancouver who completely blew it against the Bruins in Game 7 after years of getting knocked out.

Also, Chuck Fletcher has done absolutely nothing to deserve patience. His tenure in Minnesota is one of extended mediocrity.

Dave Scott's interview about not getting "full seasons" rang of a Team President who thinks he's running an "A" Ball team instead of the Philadelphia Flyers.

I don't know how anyone can be positive about the direction of the Flyers.

We need to stop looking at it from the perspective of the Players or the coaches or the GM and just completely clean house.

But the Flyers won't do that, because they gave AV a stack of money and hired all the failed Head Coach assistants running systems from 2003 he wanted.

Chuck Fletcher is a guy who was around before and he was available, so he's going to get 4 years before the team decides that moving on to some other big name GM who won 20 years ago will somehow fix the team that spent 5 years drafting guys who "play the system" well.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It fits the HF narrative. I hate someone but post about them constantly.

Oh please. He’s not an Internet message board poster with potato chip crumbs on his shirt. He’s one of the most noteworthy beat writers, who also works for the team and can be something of a mouthpiece. That it’s amusing to see drivel narratives would be enough, but that his drivel narratives have deep roots in the organization is the point.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

#beaf***ingflyer
#yourethepiecewearemissing
#doomed

There's no way he's getting paid enough to be this shameless.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Why can't the Philadelphia Flyers ownership group have the standards of the Columbus Blue Jackets?
Because Philly is an easy market for sales and attendance; Columbus is not

id imagine that is part of it

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Oh please. He’s not an Internet message board poster with potato chip crumbs on his shirt. He’s one of the most noteworthy beat writers, who also works for the team and can be something of a mouthpiece. That it’s amusing to see drivel narratives would be enough, but that his drivel narratives have deep roots in the organization is the point.

He’s a clown show , ignore him, it will be much more pleasant.

Reactions: macleish1974

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
CBJ didn't fire Torts, they just refused to give him an extension, not the same thing.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
What the f*** are you even talking about half the time?

WTF do you think ?? :mad: .....kevin hayes

Re7576de0e0783ee434c62e9a75470f57.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad