Post-Game Talk: #55: Flyers at Rangers, Sunday, February 14, 2016

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Roenick did have positive things to say about Mason at one point, which really confused the hell out of me. It was a bizarre 180. This morning, I also saw that f'd up thing he did with Giroux. He's awkward to say the least and rather looney. When G said he had issues, pretty sure he was being serious.

Check out his segment with Larkin, and try not to cringe the entire time.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Roenick did have positive things to say about Mason at one point, which really confused the hell out of me. It was a bizarre 180. This morning, I also saw that f'd up thing he did with Giroux. He's awkward to say the least and rather looney. When G said he had issues, pretty sure he was being serious.
Where can i see what he did with Giroux? Or at least, can someone explain what happened?

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
20%?

Which is pretty good for a PP in the NHL.

That puts you at 7th in the league. Washington is #1 operating at 24%.

So, I concur. 20% is pretty damn good in my book. Overall the Flyers are 20th at 17%. I thought they were better than that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tortorella said it to him in one of their classic post game battles over the years. It was actually the game where Carcillo fought Gaborik. :laugh:

Oh I didn't know that. :laugh:

That's the only reason I'd like Tortorella as coach, calling the media idiots like all coaches and players should.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh I didn't know that. :laugh:

That's the only reason I'd like Tortorella as coach, calling the media idiots like all coaches and players should.

He's not really a good coach anymore (too stubborn to adapt) but he's entertaining as hell. So long as it isn't the Flyers I'll always want someone in the league to keep him employed for entertainment purposes. :laugh:

JustJim

Feb 20, 2012
Paignton,UK
That's interesting considering Mason has a winning record against the Rangers since he became a Flyer.

What has his latest record been in the last 10 games? I'm not referring to his past history, I'm referring to his on-going slump, which is bringing the whole team down as well.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
To be fair Laughton hasn't really gotten a chance and when he he with guys that don't suck on his line he's made plays. All we need is for him to be the 3C. Get Umberger away from him and decent wingers and he'll be fine.

:handclap:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He's not really a good coach anymore (too stubborn to adapt) but he's entertaining as hell. So long as it isn't the Flyers I'll always want someone in the league to keep him employed for entertainment purposes. :laugh:

That was amazing. How have I never seen that before??

And I couldn't possibly agree more. I don't want him anywhere near this team but I love him being in the NHL so we can hopefully get more pure gold like that.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
FWIW, not all teams hit with their first round picks. I think lately we have been very spoiled in that sense and automatically think every 1st round pick will be a great player.

Pavel Datsyuk, Henrique Zetterberg, Shayne Ghostiberre all say hello (and countless others). The problem is the expectation of a first rounder. I think Laughton will become a decent bottom 6 player. The problem is the stigma of being a first rounder.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sorry if I'm incorrect at saying anything disparaging about "Stone Cold", but I just have zero faith in him. I just hope he doesn't have a long term contract.

You ask how bad he has been, and was shown he has been good. I WISH Mason was signed for another 3-4 years at his current rate.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Pavel Datsyuk, Henrique Zetterberg, Shayne Ghostiberre all say hello (and countless others). The problem is the expectation of a first rounder. I think Laughton will become a decent bottom 6 player. The problem is the stigma of being a first rounder.
I have no problem being patient with Laughton. Look at the first overall pick from that draft year. He's still struggling.
Galchenyuk is fine, but not really 3rd overall good.
Almost all the other forwards that were picked before Laughton aren't really impact players yet. It just wasn't a very good draft year for forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad