GDT: #54 | Oilers @ Wild | 6pm MT - 7 Feb 19 | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
My son goes in for a 4 hour surgery tomorrow and my stomach is beyond ****ed right now. I'm not even sure that we'll watch this game as the games sure as **** haven't been entertaining and all that they've been doing is adding stress to an already stressful situation. My son loves the Oilers and so do I but this will probably be the first game that I purposely miss watching in my entire 20+ years as a fan. Thanks Katz, Lowe, MacT, Nicholson, Howson, Chia, Green, etc. you ****ing clowns.
Most of you guys know I Lurk on occasion to see what the team is up to these days. With that said, it’s just a game and I’m putting my hatred away. I wish both you and your son well wishes during this time. I can’t imagine how much stress you must be going through. Hang in it.

Reactions: LaGu

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
My son goes in for a 4 hour surgery tomorrow and my stomach is beyond ****ed right now. I'm not even sure that we'll watch this game as the games sure as **** haven't been entertaining and all that they've been doing is adding stress to an already stressful situation. My son loves the Oilers and so do I but this will probably be the first game that I purposely miss watching in my entire 20+ years as a fan. Thanks Katz, Lowe, MacT, Nicholson, Howson, Chia, Green, etc. you ****ing clowns.
Jesus Murphy. I’m very sorry to hear about your son. Sincere best wishes to him, to you, and your loved ones.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Still cant believe Talbot is starting. The team lost faith in him last year. Talbot doesnt want to be here, Its like a cancer in the room.

We must be intentionally tanking. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

Talbot starting makes sense to me.

Hitch is riding the "team didn't play for him" narrative, and putting him back in, after he was obviously upset at being pulled.

I see no indication of Talbot not wanting to be there, or being a problem in the room.

Have you watched the interview videos (Hitch and Talbot) from practice and pregame? If not, your post is just negative conjecture.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

Best wishes, let us know how it goes.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
So Hitch watched last practice from the stands, while GG took over the on-ice duties.
What's that all about? Likely nothing but interesting.... I think Hitch is at a loss for what to do.

Hitch had better be careful.......

....the stands is a dangerous place to be when GG is running a practice with a team doing poorly!

Last edited:
Reactions: McFuhryous

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Obviously a stressful situation, but your son will be great and the surgery is going to go perfectly. The Oilers should be an escape, even if they're going to lose some here and there, but you're dead on about how you can't even go to a f***ing sport to watch and get away from stressors in real life, because the group you named has systematically ruined everything. f*** them, but good luck tomorrow (won't need it).

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box

I'll be sending out all the good thoughts I can......

All the best to your son and a quick recovery.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

Hey BBO
I remember your epic first post on the Leafs board when you were banished there for a month...still laughing

Are you still in Hawaii

Been to 4 islands and Maui several times
I remember in Feb 2006 in Maui when I was watching the Oilers road trip in Cali on TV with Pronger leading the charge and palm trees, sun, and the waves crashing...and a team that was coming together (I think the Spacek trade happened as well during that trip.
Good times !

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The Ted Bundy series on Netflix is pretty good. There's 4 hours of your life that are infinitley more interesting than the Oilers play of late.
Very interesting. Also terrifying how intelligent and articulate he was. I mean pretending to have a broken arm and asking young women to come help lift your boat to get them alone? That’s diabolical.

Reactions: McFuhryous

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Talbot starting makes sense to me.

Hitch is riding the "team didn't play for him" narrative, and putting him back in, after he was obviously upset at being pulled.

I see no indication of Talbot not wanting to be there, or being a problem in the room.

Have you watched the interview videos (Hitch and Talbot) from practice and pregame? If not, your post is just negative conjecture.

If Talbot wanted to be here, he would of signed a extension this summer. Hes been on the block for the last year, hence rejecting a trade already.

Its a cancer in the room, this team doesnt need.

4 wins since Oct 28.

The team has no faith in him this year. They lost that last year when he failed to show up.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Very interesting. Also terrifying how intelligent and articulate he was. I mean pretending to have a broken arm and asking young women to come help lift your boat to get them alone? That’s diabolical.

Just to also show how incredibly arrogant he was, he used his real name as well.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
If Talbot wanted to be here, he would of signed a extension this summer. Hes been on the block for the last year, hence rejecting a trade already.

Its a cancer in the room, this team doesnt need.

4 wins since Oct 28.

The team has no faith in him this year. They lost that last year when he failed to show up.

You think players care that one of them didn't sign an extension?

These guys know it's a business more than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad