GDT: #54 | Oilers @ Wild | 6pm MT - 7 Feb 19 | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keenan87

Nov 10, 2008
My son goes in for a 4 hour surgery tomorrow and my stomach is beyond ****ed right now. I'm not even sure that we'll watch this game as the games sure as **** haven't been entertaining and all that they've been doing is adding stress to an already stressful situation. My son loves the Oilers and so do I but this will probably be the first game that I purposely miss watching in my entire 20+ years as a fan. Thanks Katz, Lowe, MacT, Nicholson, Howson, Chia, Green, etc. you ****ing clowns.

Honestly, as a Flames fan I am loving what has been going on with the Oilers this season. It's amazing. That being said, just for today, if you do watch the Oilers with your son, I hope they win. It's tough being a parent and hopefully Oilers can get a win for the two of you. All the best with the surgery :)

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
So Hitch watched last practice from the stands, while GG took over the on-ice duties.
What's that all about? Likely nothing but interesting.... I think Hitch is at a loss for what to do.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Hmmm

7sg9vWP.png

So, uhhh.... despite playing 115 games together, Nuge and Lucic only ~3.6 mins of ice time together? That doesn't add up.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Still cant believe Talbot is starting. The team lost faith in him last year. Talbot doesnt want to be here, Its like a cancer in the room.

We must be intentionally tanking. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Honestly, as a Flames fan I am loving what has been going on with the Oilers this season. It's amazing. That being said, just for today, if you do watch the Oilers with your son, I hope they win. It's tough being a parent and hopefully Oilers can get a win for the two of you. All the best with the surgery :)

As an Oiler fan, I have to admit its been tough watching all the success the Flames have enjoyed during the past 39 yrs.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Still cant believe Talbot is starting. The team lost faith in him last year. Talbot doesnt want to be here, Its like a cancer in the room.

I really want him gone but something tells me talbot has a lights out game tonight. Even if he doesn’t want to be here he is still on a contract year.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Brodziak out, and manning in for Gravel.

Brodziak should be farmed. Gravel has been beyond brutal. Out of the Benning Manning Petrovic Gravel shit show Manning is the best one IMO (dont @ me LOL). And that isnt saying much.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
How does it not add up?

Maybe I'm not understanding what's presented. Is it saying that they've played 115 games on the same line together and in those games played only 3.6mins of 5v5 together (that would be weird) whereas in the 115 games they didn't play together they averaged ~10mins of ice time. Or is it saying that in 115 games together they have at least some 5V5 time together (3.6mins) and in those same games an average of ~10 mins away from each other?

Must be the latter, in which case I understand. I've always thought RNH & Lucic were somewhat complementary. Daughter broke her ankle last night and emerg took 5 hours waiting to cast it.... I'm a little groggy today.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Maybe I'm not understanding what's presented. Is it saying that they've played 115 games on the same line together and in those games played only 3.6mins of 5v5 together (that would be weird) whereas in the 115 games they didn't play together they averaged ~10mins of ice time. Or is it saying that in 115 games together they have at least some 5V5 time together (3.6mins) and in those same games an average of ~10 mins away from each other?

No, they've played 115 games on the same team together over the past two seasons, but 400-ish minutes on the ice at the same time at 5v5.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Another night where the OOT scoreboard is full of favorable matchups for these jabronies. Minnesota without Koivu could be a big advantage, but they historically suck at Xcel.

I don't expect a win so they might pull it off. If they don't do it tonight though, the losing streak will hit double digits seeing who they play after this one.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Those bottom 3 lines could be going through the blender. That 1st line is going to play a lot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My son goes in for a 4 hour surgery tomorrow and my stomach is beyond ****ed right now. I'm not even sure that we'll watch this game as the games sure as **** haven't been entertaining and all that they've been doing is adding stress to an already stressful situation. My son loves the Oilers and so do I but this will probably be the first game that I purposely miss watching in my entire 20+ years as a fan. Thanks Katz, Lowe, MacT, Nicholson, Howson, Chia, Green, etc. you ****ing clowns.

Wishing all the best for everything to be successful.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can see Brodziak riding some pine. He's been checked out almost the entire season. But Gravel? I thought he was one of our best D on the roadtrip. Course he looked less good playing with guys like Benning or Russell. But that's gonna happen. On his own I think he's been fine.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Talbot starting from what I heard from Rishaug on TSN.

Is there any episodes of The Curse of Oak Island tonight?

Did I actually save 15% by switching to Geico?

Stayed tuned for updates.

The Ted Bundy series on Netflix is pretty good. There's 4 hours of your life that are infinitley more interesting than the Oilers play of late.

Last edited:
Reactions: joestevens29

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

He'll be in good hands and all the best to you and your family, especially your boy. I wish him a successful surgery and a speedy and full recovery.

Here we are all bitching and moaning about the state of a pro-hockey team when there are so many more important things in life, like your son's surgery and the little boy who McDavid did a meet and greet with the other night who also needs to have a surgery as well.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Sending well wishes

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

Wishing your son a successful surgery and a strong and healthy recovery. These are real life problems and it would be nice if these Oiler clowns could do something to alleviate stress instead of causing it. After reading this I'm going to fill my glass half full and try to get some positivity going b/c positivity leads to good things.

The team is 3 points out of a playoff spot still with a game in hand. Their in a funk where they've lost games in the third but they've played the first 40 well of late and just need to break that jinx that's in their head when they enter the third period. Almost 30 games left in this season, we're in February and playoffs are still a possibility, especially with how the west has played this year. For us Oiler fans, a playoff chance in Feb has only happened once in the past what...12 years? Glass half full...I'll take it right now. Change has to start somewhere, let's see if they can start tonight.

Going to start this again as well: In 'Cock we trust!

|
| |

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017

His feelings are hurt. Have to fix those feelings. Who cares about being 3 points out of a playoff spot.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Connor ties Kucherov tonight. Oilers however still lose. Its 5 NHL players and 16 AHL players vs 21 NHL players.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Hitch watched last practice from the stands, while GG took over the on-ice duties.
What's that all about? Likely nothing but interesting.... I think Hitch is at a loss for what to do.
I kind of hope it's so that everyone is on the same page and seeing what each other are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln