Post-Game Talk: #54| New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | April 6th | 7:00 PM | F/ L 2-1

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Isles look like they want to skip over the last 2 games and go straight to Washington.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
It's not great right now but I would bet my house that there's no way they look like this come Game 1. The lineup has been altered to give regulars who will assuredly be in the lineup Game 1 a rest.

They clinched and are clearly mailing it in to save energy and to avoid any unnecessary injuries. Frustrating but we've been the Sabres/Devils plenty of times the last few seasons who go all out with nothing to lose against teams who have clinched. I wouldn't get too worked up despite how we've looked the last few weeks. I expect a W Saturday considering they need to end The season on a good note and close the Coli with a W.

Reactions: MJF

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
At this point we really have to be hoping that the team is just half-assing it this past week and playing to not get hurt. Because if this is actually the team giving it their all, we would be lucky to win 2 games in the first round. Losing 3 straight to Buffalo and New Jersey is unfathomable if a team is playing hard. Once again tonight Boston and Pittsburgh took care of business. We scored 1 goal off a skate. We got 1 point out of 6 against Buffalo and New Jersey. We win this game we are tied for the division lead. Our team has just given up on caring about seeding/division title, while the other 3 teams have all kept playing hard.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
So he made a trade to fill a hole on the roster and add center depth and it’s not showing any positive results. It sucks. Should Lou have done nothing? I wouldn’t have.

The issue is, the hole on the roster was on LW, so he didn't actually fill the hole there was. We got two pegs when all we needed was one round one.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad