#54 KINGS @ SHARKS , beat 'em 1-0

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Something I'm really hoping is that Sutter has some tricks up his sleeve for later/playoffs.

The Sharks and other teams have clearly scouted and picked apart every aspect of our game. I have to believe there are variations on our breakout and PP (haha), for example, that will will unleash later. Hiding our playbook, so to speak. If not, well, ugh. Though I will say that despite Sharks sitting on our wingers the breakout was moving very well tonight for the most part.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Harping on system again ? Folks Dean Lombardi wants this system ....he will replace Sutter with a coach that preaches the same system.

I can bet lots of money Lombardi is going no where for the next two years.....Sutter is here to stay, or a variation of Sutter is here to stay.

The Kings are capable of putting up Offense in this system, they were top Ten last year . and tops in the 2012 playoffs.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Something I'm really hoping is that Sutter has some tricks up his sleeve for later/playoffs.

The Sharks and other teams have clearly scouted and picked apart every aspect of our game. I have to believe there are variations on our breakout and PP (haha), for example, that will will unleash later. Hiding our playbook, so to speak. If not, well, ugh. Though I will say that despite Sharks sitting on our wingers the breakout was moving very well tonight for the most part.

I too hope for this especially against the hawx. But his five 1st round exits tells me, what you see, is what you get.

Hope I'm wrong here. :)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I too hope for this especially against the hawx. But his five 1st round exits tells me, what you see, is what you get.

What did the most playoff round wins and a stanley Cup over the last two years tell you ?

And who would you replace him with ?

Please say Morris or Tippet so I can tear your post apart ....please say it .

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Playoff games coached (active)
Joel Quenneville, 139
Ken Hitchcock, 130
Darryl Sutter, 121
Mike Babcock, 117
Bob Hartley, 84
Peter Laviolette, 82
John Tortorella, 77
Claude Julien, 74
Dave Tippett, 74
Alain Vigneault, 74

Playoff coaching wins (active)
Joel Quenneville, 72
Mike Babcock, 71
Ken Hitchcock, 70
Darryl Sutter, 63

I'll just leave this here for people who think Sutter is some sort of idiot , or a coach that lucked into coaching his record.

Sutter is quite the passenger isn't he !!!!

The last Kings coach to get the Kings out of the second round before Sutter . Berry Melrose.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

This is my fear. You must remain mobile and be able to adapt. Just don't think Sutter can do that.

Harping on the system.. yes... this offense is terrible. A big part as to why the goals against are so low is teams like ducks/Chi get up by 2 go in to defense/stop trying to run the score up because the Kings can't score 3.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I say this a lot, but gotta say it again, Kings are the boss of Pacific. I'm not counting out what Anaheim is doing but we have yet to see that they can maintain the same level of play in postseason. Kings in their worst form did show tonight that they are still able to have their way (general Kings' style) with one of the top teams in the league. And to top that Oilers crushed Canucks' dreams to get ahead in standings :laugh:

Quick is giving them the chance to win every night, what DL has to do is pull of a trade like he did in 2012, and I'm comfortable with this team going into playoffs no matter where they seeded.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Playoff games coached (active)
Joel Quenneville, 139
Ken Hitchcock, 130
Darryl Sutter, 121
Mike Babcock, 117
Bob Hartley, 84
Peter Laviolette, 82
John Tortorella, 77
Claude Julien, 74
Dave Tippett, 74
Alain Vigneault, 74

Playoff coaching wins (active)
Joel Quenneville, 72
Mike Babcock, 71
Ken Hitchcock, 70
Darryl Sutter, 63

So, are you saying that Sutter should be fired because he's coached 4 more playoff games, but has 8 less wins than Babcock?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Who said anything about Sutter being replaced?

This guy!!!!! Lewis in the shoot out... Brown on 4th line.... Lewis on top line while team can't score.... 4 or 5 teams in the league with a worse offense.

Edit: Van Buf FLO the 3 teams with a worse PP% That is 27th in the league!!!! Doughty/Kopitar/Richards/Carter/Kopitar.... that is the 27th worst power play in the league. Sutter needs to handle his ****.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
This is my fear. You must remain mobile and be able to adapt. Just don't think Sutter can do that.

Harping on the system.. yes... this offense is terrible. A big part as to why the goals against are so low is teams like ducks/Chi get up by 2 go in to defense/stop trying to run the score up because the Kings can't score 3.

Well, my hope is Sutter will let the kids play a bit more. I'm even hoping Pearson-Vey-Toffoli line could be used against the hawx. Yeah, I'm dreaming, I know!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I regard Tippet as a very good coach....FIVE first round exits, three with 50 win teams, two of those teams were the stacked Dallas squad.

Two second round exits , two missed playoff seasons with a third coming this year.

PHX most of this year has a 4th to 10th rated offense. That is kind of odd.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Well, my hope is Sutter will let the kids play a bit more. I'm even hoping Pearson-Vey-Toffoli line could be used against the hawx. Yeah, I'm dreaming, I know!

I'd love to see something like Vey on the 4th... run (Clifford, Nolan/Vey/Toffoli) Low risk... if it isn't working cut their mins. 4th line has some size and some scoring ability. Give Fraser a few games to rest his bruises.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I regard Tippet as a very good coach....FIVE first round exits, three with 50 win teams, two of those teams were the stacked Dallas squad.

Two second round exits , two missed playoff seasons with a third coming this year.

PHX most of this year has a 4th to 10th rated offense. That is kind of odd.

You are correct. Tippet is a good coach, some would say a very good coach. The thing is, I will compliment and give benefit of doubt (now and then) in regards to Sutter, but I will also be vocal and be critical, when things don't make sense.

You think just because a coach has a pretty good track record that we shouldn't question or criticize. You think that we should just nod our heads, and not have an opinion, and that's just not going to happen.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You are correct. Tippet is a good coach, some would say a very good coach. The thing is, I will compliment and give benefit of doubt (now and then) in regards to Sutter, but I will also be vocal and be critical, when things don't make sense.

You think just because a coach has a pretty good track record that we shouldn't question or criticize. You think that we should just nod our heads, and not have an opinion, and that's just not going to happen.

Criticize is fine , but people call Sutter stupid idiot , dumb , ever name in the book.

All without acknowledge that he may do things for a reason.

The man knows Hockey is there any disputing that ????

Maybe trust the guy , just maybe .

I don't think I know better than even a CHL coach....so it baffles me that people think they know more than Darrly Sutter.

Darrly Sutter is a man that knows how to win hockey games at the NHL.

Is there any way to dispute that ?

Can I be critical of him , sure . Does that mean I know more about hockey than him and he is an idiot ? Absolutely not.

It gets tiresum reading the same garbage about Sutter , when he is arguable the most successful coach the Kings have ever had.

Same goes for the system, the system that was part of the reason LA has a Cup after 45 years.

I think of it this way, Defensive hockey ? Or Oilers / Philly mess.

The Kings don't have the players or a GM that wants to play or can play the Hawks system.

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
And I just *finally* figured out your avatar :laugh:

just figured that out too :laugh:

Better late than never, huh? :laugh:

1Ss4DQk.gif

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Criticize is fine , but people call Sutter stupid idiot , dumb , ever name in the book.

I don't think I know better than even a CHL coach....so it baffles me that people think they know more than Darrly Sutter.

Just because Sutter knows hockey, doesn't mean he doesn't make dumb or stupid moves/mistakes. He is a human being after all. I'm sure if you were to question Sutter, he'd admit to making a lot of mistakes, don't you think?

I do find it interesting that you get offended by people calling Sutter names, because I tend to get defensive over players being called names, but I've learned to deal with it best as I can.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

I don't trust people. I trust numbers. Numbers don't lie. People manipulating numbers can lead to incorrect conclusions. The numbers tell me this offense is terrible. The numbers tell me there are 3 worse PP in the league. The sample size at this point is too large to discount. The question is what is the reason the numbers are so bad? Is Sutter the type of guy that you think can adapt and change what's not working? Is he the type of guy that's just going to stick with it come hell or high water?

edit: I'll stop criticizing Sutter when he stops playing Lewis anywhere other then the 4th line. That and gets the offense to say 15th in the league? 15th? Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't trust people. I trust numbers. Numbers don't lie. People manipulating numbers can lead to incorrect conclusions. The numbers tell me this offense is terrible. The numbers tell me there are 3 worse PP in the league. The sample size at this point is too large to discount. The question is what is the reason the numbers are so bad? Is Sutter the type of guy that you think can adapt and change what's not working? Is he the type of guy that's just going to stick with it come hell or high water?

So if you count the last half of 2012, 38 games plus the playoffs Another 20g, and last year 48 games plus playoffs , the Kings scored at about 2.8 GG....over the span of about 90 games.

That would put them in the top five of the league . explain those numbers. Same coach , Same system ,Same roster.

This offensive outage is actually much shorter than the example I put above.

Since you are all the about the numbers , you know.

Could it be that players sometimes lose confidence in what they are doing and struggle ?

Nah its all the coaches /system fault. All the while giving that system/coach zero credit for the success the Kings have had over the last two years.

Coaches/systems get too much credit for success , and too much blame when things are going bad.

The reality is PLAYERS are responsible for play on the ice, and the Kings players are struggling.

Last edited:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Let me ask you this: with our current roster and system, do you think that we can defeat the hawx in a series?

No

Ducks No

Sharks: maybe... not going to have home advantage.

Blues: Probably same with Van. Kings just stomp those guys
... Min/Col whatever other wild card team. Maybe.

Cut and paste the numbers any way you like. The current production is not going to get it done in the play offs. You pointed out how good the offense was during the last few years. Currently it is 20+ in the league. Average it out if it makes you feel better about their chances.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Let me ask you this: with our current roster and system, do you think that we can defeat the hawx in a series?

No the Kings can't,

They don't have the players too,

This roster doesn't have the players or a GM that can or will play a system or style like the Hawks.

The Hawks are the best team in the league despite ANH great record. The Hawks are in a unique place in history , they could very well win three more cups over the next Five years.

The Hawks up tempo style is very hard to match. And they have the most skilled roster in the league .

Great combo that only one team in the entire NHL has . Chicago.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
No

Ducks No

Sharks: maybe... not going to have home advantage.

Blues: Probably same with Van. Kings just stomp those guys
... Min/Col whatever other wild card team. Maybe.

Cut and paste the numbers any way you like. The current production is not going to get it done in the play offs. You pointed out how good the offense was during the last few years. Currently it is 20+ in the league. Average it out if it makes you feel better about their chances.

The current slump In offense is not even a quarter of what this same roster produced over 90 games....

Explain that ......you must have some sort of grand explanation in that great hockey mind of yours .

Winger23

May 3, 2007
The current slump In offense is not even a quarter of what this same roster produced over 90 games....

Explain that ......you must have some sort of grand explanation in that great hockey mind of yours .

If you can't see teams have made adjustments the the kings system I don't know what to say. Just little changes would make a big difference, namely getting out of their own zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad