#54 KINGS @ SHARKS , beat 'em 1-0

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not really.

We usually just refer to his as our 3rd grader because seriously, what man continues to go by the name Tommy after the age of like... 14? :laugh: At this point the irony of having a tough hockey player with a child's name is just endearing to the fanbase :D

:laugh:

Also, quite good for sneak attacks. No one wants to be the guy that loses a fight to Tommy Wingels!

He's a good player though, like that guy.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for sharing, but man, what a propaganda piece. I had no idea the Bay Area was so myopic:

“I guess he doesn’t want to own up to it,” Wingels said on Tuesday. “There’s many other opportunities, right?”

Brown was booed by the Sharks’ home crowd just about every time he touched the puck in the Kings’ 1-0 win. It was the first time the Kings captain played against San Jose since he tore up rookie Tomas Hertl’s knee on Dec. 19, with a knee-on-knee hit."

:shakehead :facepalm:

so much biased rhetoric in there. This is so similar to the Vancouver papers it's appalling.

(also, I don't even remotely recall those two being next to each other, so some footage would be nice)

Well technically the part you bolded is true. His knee was torn up. And it was from a knee on knee hit. The debate is obviously whether it was intentional and the entirety of northorn california including the media and obviously the Sharks team is inclined to believe it is. So it shouldn't really be surprising that that's reflected in the reporting coming out of the bay area... :dunno:

Captain Mittens*

Well technically the part you bolded is true. His knee was torn up. And it was from a knee on knee hit. The debate is obviously whether it was intentional and the entirety of northorn california including the media and obviously the Sharks team is inclined to believe it is. So it shouldn't really be surprising that that's reflected in the reporting coming out of the bay area... :dunno:

But look at the play. Does he lead with his knee? No. His weight is clearly on his left leg, which is his lead leg.

Did he extend his leg to make contact with Hertl? That’s a little debatable, but ultimately it appears he’s attempting to get away from the collision.

So it shouldn’t have been a major, nor a game misconduct, nor will it lead to a Shanaban

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...on-kneeing-injuring-tomas-060001879--nhl.html

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Tommy Wingels offered Dustin Brown a chance to drop the gloves on Monday. Twice.

Both times, Brown declined, according to the Sharks’ forward.

giphy.gif

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
why would Brown want to fight Wingels? If Couture, Pavelski, or someone like that wanted to go, he probably would have gone, like he has in the past with Kesler a few games ago, and Doan before.

I guess the rest of the Sharks just didn't care about Hertl enough am i right?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

You're right, and I'm probably overanalyzing it (my degree was in rhetoric :D). It is the local paper, after all. But that's a bit misleading, in my humble opinion. I mean, I could technically write something to the effect of "It was the first time the Kings' captain has played against San Jose since rookie Tomas Hertl was unfortunately injured while Dustin Brown peeled away from a devastating hit." It's all in how it's presented. The SJ version is totally demonizing.

Meh, sorry, in work mode! Just call me the Iraqi Information Minister, I guess.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yup... cause Puck Daddy is the be all, end all of knowledgable and informed opinions on everything hockey. It's one person's view of what happened. I wouldn't exactly present that as fact to support one side or the other.

Either way... I don't see why it matters much at this point lol

I could say the same for Kurz. You came to the Kings board and shared a Sharks-slanted article. Another poster posted a more moderate, maybe Kings-leaning one. If you're not here for discussion, feel free to excuse yourself. No hard feelings.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I could say the same for Kurz. You came to the Kings board and shared a Sharks-slanted article. Another poster posted a more moderate, maybe Kings-leaning one. If you're not here for discussion, feel free to excuse yourself. No hard feelings.

Haha no problem. It does feel kind of tedious to still be talking about this whole thing anyways. Truth is, we'll never really know whether it was intentional or not. So for anyone to post any article or their own opinions otherwise is all speculation that really doesn't provee anything.

I was more sharing the article to highlight the fact that we were cheated out of what could have been an entertaining fight considering how dull that game was :laugh: than to bring up the he said she said again.

Anyways, it was nice chatting with some of you. Until next game :naughty:

Captain Mittens*

Yup... cause Puck Daddy is the be all, end all of knowledgable and informed opinions on everything hockey. It's one person's view of what happened. I wouldn't exactly present that as fact to support one side or the other.

Either way... I don't see why it matters much at this point lol
I am glad you agree about Puck Daddy. That is why I invite him to my birthday party ever year

He is also more impartial, unbiased, unprejudiced, objective, equitable, open-minded, nonpartisan, disinterested, dispassionate, detached, impersonal, unemotional, indifferent, uncommitted, unlike any of us here. So he is an excellent tie breaker.

Like Kevin Smith is on Kevin and bean
http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2011/04/06...he-girl-scout-cookie-debate-once-and-for-all/

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
If Brown had fought Wingels, no doubt the narrative would have been 'He fought because he knows it was deliberate, if it was an accident, he wouldn't have felt the need to fight'

tl;dr LOLSHARKS

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
If Brown had fought Wingels, no doubt the narrative would have been 'He fought because he knows it was deliberate, if it was an accident, he wouldn't have felt the need to fight'

tl;dr LOLSHARKS

He's screwed either way. I'd rather he didn't fight Mr. Tommy.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Do you agree that Tommy Wingels or Mr Wingels is a name for a cat?

Wingels the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, whenever he gets in a fix he becomes a ********* and goes public with his unsuccessful attempt to make his bones with his ***** GM.

The ultimate in off-ice hockey douchebaggery. Hey, I tried to fight him, he said no...I hope on April 3rd Nolan offers to fight him...Wingels has to say yes at this point and Nolan beats him up for being a *********.

And I hope JCM burns a Vancouver Green man in effigy next time.

Tommy Wingels reportedly farted during the 2nd period of Monday night's loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Kings captain, Dustin Brown, reportedly turned down the offer to smell it on two separate occasions.

Dustin Brown tore up his butthole when he farted in front of Sharks rookie Tomas Hertl in a game in December.

Ok.. that admittedly isn't my best work. I was trying to write a story that was equally as pointless as that **** piece of journalism our Sharks fan friend posted. Seriously, Dustin Brown is many things and that "hit" may be debatable amongst Sharks fans but why does Dustin Brown need to answer to Tommy "the cat" Wingels? If I was Brown, my response would have been "who are you?" and skated away. Tommy Wingels was out there challenging Brown to fight while Matt Greene was punch checking their whole team uncontested the whole night. Sounds like another moral victory to me.

Ron*

You're right, and I'm probably overanalyzing it (my degree was in rhetoric :D). It is the local paper, after all. But that's a bit misleading, in my humble opinion. I mean, I could technically write something to the effect of "It was the first time the Kings' captain has played against San Jose since rookie Tomas Hertl was unfortunately injured while Dustin Brown peeled away from a devastating hit." It's all in how it's presented. The SJ version is totally demonizing.

Meh, sorry, in work mode! Just call me the Iraqi Information Minister, I guess.

It's worse than that. It's yellow journalism. I'd expect that kind of reporting in the The Star or The Examiner.

But as you said, it is the bay area, and they tend to get a bit emotional up there. Even the media. :laugh: What a joke.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Let me ask you this: with our current roster and system, do you think that we can defeat the hawx in a series?

Alright I will bite and I do think we can beat them (HAWKS) in a seven game series, why because of the proverbial ANTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS , one this is one of the most talented teams in the game combined with having the hearts of champions combined with a coach who has taken much less talented teams far in the playoffs combined with having currently the BEST goalie in the game. Last year we had to go thru the Blues and seven games with the Sharks, pretty heavy teams and were visibly tired, at least I was just from watching each game lol, and the hawks were and still are on a roll but this year they will have at least one physically tough series with the blues to slow them down some and the difference in quick and Crawford may be enough to put us over the top, remember we were defending champs and they were more motivated with alot more guys there that hadn't won yet so if we play them 20 times would they probably beat us more than 50% of the time possibly but in a sevin game series backed by the best goalie and led by guys like Richie,kopi ,Williams, brown, Mitchell, drew and greene I like our chances ......feel kind of sad for you guys that are so sure we already lost, thought that's why we play the games , kinda of like those people who left after 2 periods in 82 and the ones who left early against the wings at staples that night , never lose faith ......

Haha no problem. It does feel kind of tedious to still be talking about this whole thing anyways. Truth is, we'll never really know whether it was intentional or not. So for anyone to post any article or their own opinions otherwise is all speculation that really doesn't provee anything.

I was more sharing the article to highlight the fact that we were cheated out of what could have been an entertaining fight considering how dull that game was :laugh: than to bring up the he said she said again.

Anyways, it was nice chatting with some of you. Until next game :naughty:

It's a wolf in sheeps clothing..

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Folks, just a reminder:

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

I understand the frustration with some visitors but the mod team does their best to clean up. If you're truly frustrated with a post/poster over something we may have missed, either PM a mod or hit the little warning sign in the user info box to "report post".

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Maybe when Tommy can sit at the adults table on Thanksgiving he'll realize if someone says they don't want to fight, you should let it go.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00