GDT: #54 ⋅ ANA @ TOR ⋅ 4 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I really miss the times where opponents were afraid of playing the Ducks, because they knew they'd either lose or get beaten up. Right now is unbearable to watch, and I honestly expect a different mindset once the heartless vets like Henrique are shipped off.
Then we'd need someone like Tkachuk as well. We were able to be as we were because our top players (who are playing the most), were always in your face, especially if things didn't go their way.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm thankful they saved the one decent performance on the eastern Canada tour for the one game a year I get to see live - but man these were two abominations against the big market original six teams. Just a bad look for the franchise really, makes things look worse than they probably are. Or maybe they are exactly this bad, I don't know.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm thankful they saved the one decent performance on the eastern Canada tour for the one game a year I get to see live - but man these were two abominations against the big market original six teams. Just a bad look for the franchise really, makes things look worse than they probably are. Or maybe they are exactly this bad, I don't know.
Even that wasn't very good. This is their worst stretch of the season.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It may seem like a little thing, but Strome putting his arms up and celebrating his goal tonight when they were down 8-2 did not sit right with me.

What is there to celebrate? You scored a meaningless goal.
I wouldn’t read negatively into that at all. Muscle memory, law of attraction. Lots of good reasons to always celebrate a bit for any individual. When they interview him, he seems to always have a positivity about him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was a pretty zen dude.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's a new low for me: I couldn't even finish the extended highlights. I actually don't even want to know the score how this ended.
They abused us on the powerplay that’s for sure…. Having an elite goal scorer, an elite play maker and a guy like nylander who is a combination of both is a nice thing to have.

Marner and nylander control the game so we’ll and Matthews just knows how to put a puck in the back of the net, we’ll prob never get to enjoy the feeling of having a goal scorer like matthews(I guess teemu is prob the closest we’ll ever get)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's pretty obvious. You join the Ducks fan club and then attend every meeting wearing you Kings sweater.
I joined a hockey fan club…. Which was the hfboards, I post in the ducks part of it as they are my favorite team to watch…. But I watch a lot of hockey… including the kings… I don’t actively hate the kings or sharks.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I really miss the times where opponents were afraid of playing the Ducks, because they knew they'd either lose or get beaten up. Right now is unbearable to watch, and I honestly expect a different mindset once the heartless vets like Henrique are shipped off.
And I’m not sure what was stopping Verbeek from acquiring toughness in the offseason. The team had assets to spend and should have beenjj no in win now mode. If you spend too much time rebuilding you end up with a losing culture. The core players like Mctavish, Zegras, Terry, ect are getting losing fused into their DNA.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
J
Honestly asking, what's the joke? I've always kind of wondered what was going on with your avatar.
its the head of my old avatar put in a kings uniform.

I guess the joke was i always referred to myself as leader of the Gabe Vilardi fan club: ducks chapter on the kings forums. And the orginal picture is gabe vilardi back when he was #42.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Anyway, my main thought through this whole game was that people shit on Bob for being delusional when he kept saying that the goal for the season was the playoffs, but i'm really f***ing sick of this "development year" shit. I hate that games like this happen and "it's part of the plan." Absolute bullshit. I am so f***ing sick of losing hockey.

So you like it when a GM is delusional and has no grasp on reality (or perhaps is lying to you)? Because that was Murray in his final years - totally unwilling to commit to a rebuild and instead chasing first round playoff exits with an aging core.

And you have created a false dichotomy. Being realistic in a team goal (playoffs were a reach this year under the best of circumstances) does not in any way mean that games like this are "part of a plan" or in any way acceptable.

Nothing wrong with Murray’s way of thinking (to get into the playoffs)

This GM and HC are out to lunch. Pathetic Hockey for the last few years. I pity myself watching this

At the end, there was a lot wrong with Murray's thinking. Part of the reason the ducks are so bad currently is that Murray failed to rip the band aid on a rebuild.

The team that crushed us last night drafted Matthews (first overall) and Marner (4th) in successive years. They also ice Nylander (8th) and in most games Reilly (5th). And then they signed Tavares (another first overall elite talent).

Sneaking into the playoffs gets you mid or lower round picks. That is not the way to rebuild.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Ill tell everyone what.... if you want me to use a new avatar create a new 1 and ill use it

K so to be clear I have nothing against you with the kings avatar but for the sake of the ongoing fight

90A71AE3-7CA8-491B-A787-0C2464D7175C.jpeg

02E14644-080D-4B7D-B1C2-28916BA49B51.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad