GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'd love to know how much time he's had the puck. He's been alright inbetween the hashmarks for us, but I've hated most of his board play and puck decisions this series

I've been frustrated with his turnovers... seems he kills a lot of plays, but much like a Hyman, he is hard on the forecheck and helps create the plays, so you can't be too upset with him.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
ron-jeremy-bart-baker.gif
View attachment 860707

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Maybe the issue is our idiot coach has most of our young players constantly worrying about making mistakes and ending up in the press box? Keefe doesn't give ANY young guys the rope he gives the vets when it comes to breakdowns and errors. I keep seeing articles complaining about the Leafs being unable to develop young guys since Babcock; consider maybe it's because we have a coach who seems to be actively hostile to playing young guys in a way that allows them to develop?
He's been given plenty of opportunities, note Robertson is in because he's forced the coaches hand. Lil has had plenty of chances.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
He would have played in game 1 if there was any merit to this conspiracy
Not necessarily. Some issues like these need to be taken out of the players' hands because they'll want to play regardless of circumstances.

Also, the idea he's going swoop in and save the series is overblown and probably not fair to him either coming off an injury/ailment.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
It seems eerily quiet around here for a Saturday night playoff game after 7pm...

The calm before the storm?

Bring a f*king HURRICANE with you tonight boys.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not necessarily. Some issues like these need to be taken out of the players' hands because they'll want to play regardless of circumstances.

Also, the idea he's going swoop in and save the series is overblown and probably not fair to him either coming off an injury/ailment.
Your logic doesn't hold up though lol if they were going to play Willy to save their jobs....he wouldn't have missed the first 3 games of this series.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Your logic doesn't hold up though lol if they were going to play Willy to save their jobs....he wouldn't have missed the first 3 games of this series.
What?

That doesn't dismiss the fact that resting him may still be best for his overall health. You shouldn't fuk around with head and neck issues, and if he wasn't good enough on Wednesday, I've got concerns that he's actually ready on Saturday.

I hope he is because Boston will probably be testing him out early if they get the chance.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
What?

That doesn't dismiss the fact that resting him may still be best for his overall health. You shouldn't fuk around with head and neck issues, and if he wasn't good enough on Wednesday, I've got concerns that he's actually ready on Saturday.

I hope he is because Boston will probably be testing him out early if they get the chance.
It's not really much different than concussion protocol. A period of time without symptoms, light exercise to see how the body reacts, and generally speaking at some point the decision is made to play in a full game. The Leafs don't exactly have a sub-par medical staff. I don't think there is any reason to be concerned for Nylander in this game. I expect he will be flying.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What?

So you just don't think he should come back at all? lol what a truly weird thing to complain about.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Strange decision to start Swayman. Leafs will put a bunch past him tonight and I guess Boston will go back to Ullmark for game 5.

Reactions: fahad203
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad