53rd Obsequious Banter Thread - If You Have Ghost, You Have Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Band of Brothers stands up as the best TV show I've ever seen. I haven't seen The Wire, but I'll likely spitefully not let it overtake BoB.

BoB is phenomenal, but it's still a mini-series. The Wire was brilliant across 5 seasons and a bunch of different storylines.

The Wire
GoT/Sopranos
True Detective
Oz
Treme
Deadwood

That's my HBO list. Deadwood was really well done, but I generally think it's pretty overrated by critics who routinely list it as one of HBO's best.

New Orleans is my favorite city in the world, so perhaps I'm higher on Treme than I should be. Still, it's an awesome show, and Wendell Pierce is the man.

I'm pretty excited for season 2 of Ballers. It's a total guilty pleasure, but I loved season 1.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Band of Brothers stands up as the best TV show I've ever seen. I haven't seen The Wire, but I'll likely spitefully not let it overtake BoB.

only those who haven't seen the wire would put a different show above it, it's natural.

go watch the wire, all 5 seasons, they have all episodes right now hbo on demand.

a little tease season 3 marlo shoots this girl 1 shot in each nipple and then a head shot. all uncut.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
BoB is phenomenal, but it's still a mini-series. The Wire was brilliant across 5 seasons and a bunch of different storylines.

The Wire
GoT/Sopranos
True Detective
Oz
Treme
Deadwood

That's my HBO list. Deadwood was really well done, but I generally think it's pretty overrated by critics who routinely list it as one of HBO's best.

New Orleans is my favorite city in the world, so perhaps I'm higher on Treme than I should be. Still, it's an awesome show, and Wendell Pierce is the man.

I'm pretty excited for season 2 of Ballers. It's a total guilty pleasure, but I loved season 1.

great list I agree with that, all thought personally OZ is tied with GOT for 2nd, huge OZ fan, i thought OZ was best show until the wire came out, whats funny many of the people were in both shows.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I wish this thread would go back to being about food. I love food! Or back to Devestate's (Hexastate's) hate of mustard :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Agreed. I binge watched season one in like two days.

Also agreed.

Nip Tuck, that medical drama on FX back in the day is my guilty pleasure.

The TD showrunner Nic Pizzolatto got a big head and thought he could do it all himself. He needs to bring in a talented team to get season 3 back on track. Losing Cary Fukunaga as director before season 2 was a big loss too. The casting sucked too.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The Wire
GoT/Sopranos
True Detective
Oz
Treme
Deadwood

I loved The Wire a lot for two seasons, then lost interest in the 3rd.

I'm really bad at caring about shows long enough to watch continuously, which is obviously a problem with shows like Wire/Sopranos/Deadwood, or TWD and Mad Men. I'll watch, then skip half a season, then give up when I'm totally lost.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nip Tuck, that medical drama on FX back in the day is my guilty pleasure.

I don't have a guilty pleasure for TV right now. But I've got one for music. Babymetal.

I hate J-Pop, and I hate like 80% of metal. So it stands to reason that I'd hate them combined. But, I don't. They're catchy enough to overcome the inherent weirdness.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I don't have a guilty pleasure for TV right now. But I've got one for music. Babymetal.

I hate J-Pop, and I hate like 80% of metal. So it stands to reason that I'd hate them combined. But, I don't. They're catchy enough to overcome the inherent weirdness.

So I've never heard that before. I'm a Metal fan, I think it could work for me if there was some growl and snarl to accompany the one girls voice. Color me intrigued, but I would never listen to that unless it got some serious work.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I know we have talked about that a few months ago but... Yes. Yes and yes. Band of Brothers will probably keep amazing me for years to come.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

Does Baby Metal have any instrumentals?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Can we make this thread about pets?

This is Caesar, future Dog Emperor of the world

kWC3PYY.jpg

I have some goats, chickens, and cats, but they're not future royalty

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
sniped and flyers fan you guys weren't kidding CRAB TRAP glad I got in around 1130, it was packed but didn't have to wait on table.

Beef I figured out how to post photos. My brain went from really dum to dum

got lobster and mussells

lob_zpsinpuki7p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mus_zpsd6osorfg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
flyersphan

looks like you made it down before the crazy traffic. Glad I did the crab trap early 11am when I left the parking lot got full.

hope to see you and, I'll buy you lunch or dinner.

mus_zpsd6osorfg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lob_zpsinpuki7p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At the hospital with the wife waiting for them to induce labor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad