53rd Obsequious Banter Thread - If You Have Ghost, You Have Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
TheRebelBully, I didn't mean I'm trying to lose more weight, trying to gain strength. :laugh:

Not trying to have a full body looking like G's and Simmonds legs. I'm 5'10" so I figure I'm done with losing the weight and now I want to start lifting and running more.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
TheRebelBully, I didn't mean I'm trying to lose more weight, trying to gain strength. :laugh:

Not trying to have a full body looking like G's and Simmonds legs. I'm 5'10" so I figure I'm done with losing the weight and now I want to start lifting and running more.

well i'm 5'8 was 260, nearly 100lbs more then chicken chaser I been going to the planet fitness in hammonton NJ. I'm down to 240, so far.

I go 4 times a week, I do 1 hr on the tredmill each time, and 1 day do all back weights, then a day on curls and chest. but I rotate every other day.

I do the 1 a day for mens, and other vitamins.

I changed my food, gave up alot of the bad stuff, been eating more salmon, chicken, fruits, veggies.

I'm not trying to be hulk hogan or anything flashy. just want to be healthy.

glad I'm improving, I passed my 2 year medical card because i have CDL A with flying colors other day even had 20 / 13 vision

so g l striker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
well i'm 5'8 was 260, nearly 100lbs more then chicken chaser I been going to the planet fitness in hammonton NJ. I'm down to 240, so far.

I go 4 times a week, I do 1 hr on the tredmill each time, and 1 day do all back weights, then a day on curls and chest. but I rotate every other day.

I do the 1 a day for mens, and other vitamins.

I changed my food, gave up alot of the bad stuff, been eating more salmon, chicken, fruits, veggies.

I'm not trying to be hulk hogan or anything flashy. just want to be healthy.

glad I'm improving, I passed my 2 year medical card because i have CDL A with flying colors other day even had 20 / 13 vision

so g l striker

Good for you dude, keep it up!

The biggest thing to remember is to never overdo it and get burnt out. When I lost the weight it was mostly just eating better, not much exercise, but I didn't diet or count calories or anything like that, I just was smarter with what I ate and how much of it but I still eat everything I used to, just not as often and not as much. Best way to describe it is that it was a long term lifestyle change, something I can easily keep up for the rest of my life if I stay smart about it. I'll never let myself get to the point I was previously at because I know how much it sucked and luckily for me I was still young when I decided to do this, which made it infinitely easier. Also probably helps that I don't drink alcohol at all, soda very rarely, and coffee rarely (maybe like once or twice a week). I know people who've lost a bunch simply by cutting those things out.

But anyway, best of luck to you. Nothing like reaching goals.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I used to be pretty heavy, but lost 70 pounds by just counting calories. That seems to be easiest way to lose weight. Gained some of it back though.
Im a little bit heavier then I was when I started highschool, but that was almost 12 years ago.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It always interesting seeing O/D-Lineman in football. You think they're just these fat slobs when they're carrying around 300+ lbs. that you really underestimate how much in shape they really are. Then as soon as they're done playing they drop like a 100+ lbs. like it was nothing in such a quick turnaround.

The other players typically do the opposite. They balloon up like crazy. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I envy the guys that can shed weight easy. I don't eat like a saint, but I stay away from the fast food and I don't eat out much. Lift 4 days a week. Cardio 6 days a week- distance/sprints/bike/intervals/etc. All that and I range between 205 and 215 depending on the season. I have the Provorov build- broad shoulders so I naturally carry a lot of weight. Cutting weight during football season as a kid was the worst. I have horrible genes. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Counting calories has been very successful for me..but you do get to a point where you plateau.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It always interesting seeing O/D-Lineman in football. You think they're just these fat slobs when they're carrying around 300+ lbs. that you really underestimate how much in shape they really are. Then as soon as they're done playing they drop like a 100+ lbs. like it was nothing in such a quick turnaround.

The other players typically do the opposite. They balloon up like crazy. :laugh:

This always makes me think how crazy it was to have two of the five 3 sigma athletes in the NFL playing on the same OL. The things Lane Johnson and Mathis can do shouldn't be possible for someone their size. It defies logic.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm 5'11 ~195-200 lbs, I've always been a thicker and more built dude.

I'm trying to cut a little fat to look better so I just go by the calories in = calories out. Eat what you want (mostly clean) just be sure to stay in a caloric deficit if you wanna lose weight/fat. I was working out 4-5 days a week for about a year (and landscaping in the summer) and ****ed up my shoulder and had to take a couple months break in the winter. The past couple months I've been back at it again.

It's also easier to eat better when you see gains at the gym, ya don't wanna set yourself back or feel guilty after a solid work out so that kind of motivates me to watch what I eat now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm 5'11 ~195-200 lbs, I've always been a thicker and more built dude.

I'm trying to cut a little fat to look better so I just go by the calories in = calories out. Eat what you want (mostly clean) just be sure to stay in a caloric deficit if you wanna lose weight/fat. I was working out 4-5 days a week for about a year (and landscaping in the summer) and ****ed up my shoulder and had to take a couple months break in the winter. The past couple months I've been back at it again.

It's also easier to eat better when you see gains at the gym, ya don't wanna set yourself back or feel guilty after a solid work out so that kind of motivates me to watch what I eat now.

The guys on my dad's side of the family are all apparently really dense. My dad is like 260 pounds but looks a lot lighter. I'm 5'11 220, but most people put me at 185-200.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Digging the new thread title, that song has been stuck in my head for a while. Ghost B.C. is actually coming to the area on tour. At the PPL Park in Chester, there is a Monster Energy Rock Allegiance event September 18-19, 2016.

A one day pass looks to run between $45-$76. Anyone else tempted to go and see Ghost BC, hoping they play If You Have Ghost.

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...e=General&utm_medium=Artist&utm_campaign=Band

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'm 6'5" 210lbs and built like a ****ing Viking God. My back is a like a barrel of snakes. My lats are like DESH, DESH, DESH. At the gym they call me the Mesomorphic Minotaur.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I was around 350 pounds about 7 years ago, I would eat garbage constantly...im talking triple cheeseburgers from wendys. One Day i just decided that i had enough. I started working out with a guy who was almost on the US Olympic wrestling team who had a small gym near my house. He let me work out on the punching bag and was essentially a personal trainer for me for a little bit.

I started changing my diet in small ways..I was losing around 20 pounds a month right off the bat by doing the punching bag, and a lot of cardio. I would spend an hour on the elliptical or bike.

About 5 months later i got down to 250. The one thing that i regret is that i didn't do a lot of weight training. I would focus on Cardio, and some days i would go to the gym two times in a row, also used the sauna at the local ymca. I also started playing ice hockey twice a week.

I eventually got down to 210. Because i did mostly cardio and didn't lift a lot of weights, i had a good amount of excess skin that i had to get cut off. So i got surgery that removed 15 pounds of skin around my lower body and stomach. The surgeon kind of botched it and i had a hole in my back for about a month that wouldn't heal. I was planning on getting surgery to remove the excess skin from my upperbody but decided against it after the previous experience. I told myself i would lose it lifting weights but i never did.

I still play hockey but don't go to the gym as much and Ive kept most of the weight off and was around 210 for years, although did put back around 25 pounds when i started focusing on my career...which i've kind of hovered at for the last 4 years.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I was around 350 pounds about 7 years ago, I would eat garbage constantly...im talking triple cheeseburgers from wendys. One Day i just decided that i had enough. I started working out with a guy who was almost on the US Olympic wrestling team who had a small gym near my house. He let me work out on the punching bag and was essentially a personal trainer for me for a little bit.

I started changing my diet in small ways..I was losing around 20 pounds a month right off the bat by doing the punching bag, and a lot of cardio. I would spend an hour on the elliptical or bike.

About 5 months later i got down to 250. The one thing that i regret is that i didn't do a lot of weight training. I would focus on Cardio, and some days i would go to the gym two times in a row, also used the sauna at the local ymca. I also started playing ice hockey twice a week.

I eventually got down to 210. Because i did mostly cardio and didn't lift a lot of weights, i had a good amount of excess skin that i had to get cut off. So i got surgery that removed 15 pounds of skin around my lower body and stomach. The surgeon kind of botched it and i had a hole in my back for about a month that wouldn't heal. I was planning on getting surgery to remove the excess skin from my upperbody but decided against it after the previous experience. I told myself i would lose it lifting weights but i never did.

I still play hockey but don't go to the gym as much and Ive kept most of the weight off and was around 210 for years, although did put back around 25 pounds when i started focusing on my career...which i've kind of hovered at for the last 4 years.

when you say cardio, what exactly do you do. when I get on the treadmil at the gym ill hit fat burn for an hour and then usually burn around 400 calories.

should I be running more. or should i skip the treadmil and just ride the bike they have their.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
when you say cardio, what exactly do you do. when I get on the treadmil at the gym ill hit fat burn for an hour and then usually burn around 400 calories.

should I be running more. or should i skip the treadmil and just ride the bike they have their.

Treadmil is better for you. The only times I really hit a bike is to stretch out my legs if I'm working out legs that day.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I just finished my freshmen year of college, and actually lost 10 pounds because I walked everywhere (my building was about a mile from main campus)

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Im 6'6, was about 260 back in November, I'm about 220 now. Lift about 4 times a week and cardio 3 times a week. I have back issues (a couple herniated discs) and running is a no no for me. The treadmill with a heavy incline and not holding on anywhere has been dynamite, low impact on my back and the results are there

On the food front, aside from the obvious (dropping the fast food and sweets), the biggest thing for me was protein. Greek yogurt, chicken breast, turkey, ground beef, eggs, etc became my go to foods. Hell, even protein bars (low sugar!) during the day at work are great options. And it gets to the point where you don't even crave the **** you used to eat.

Moderation is the key, I try to eat clean during the week so I don't feel guilty on the weekend, I'm a sucker for pasta and I still eat out every weekend.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Im 6'6, was about 260 back in November, I'm about 220 now. Lift about 4 times a week and cardio 3 times a week. I have back issues (a couple herniated discs) and running is a no no for me. The treadmill with a heavy incline and not holding on anywhere has been dynamite, low impact on my back and the results are there

On the food front, aside from the obvious (dropping the fast food and sweets), the biggest thing for me was protein. Greek yogurt, chicken breast, turkey, ground beef, eggs, etc became my go to foods. Hell, even protein bars (low sugar!) during the day at work are great options. And it gets to the point where you don't even crave the **** you used to eat.

Moderation is the key, I try to eat clean during the week so I don't feel guilty on the weekend, I'm a sucker for pasta and I still eat out every weekend.

I'll try that incline increase on treadmil and without holding the handles.

you described my foods now, I eat salmon 3x a week, chicken breast, salads, fruits veggies, etc.

I do weigh protein 3 x a day. I drink that soymilk reg and chocolate.

I take a few dietary supplements.

1 a day mens
fish oil
superbeta prostate
vitamin D
testosterone

I would say once on weekends, I'll treat myself to something but the moderation and portion sizes are down.

hoping my beer gut shrinks soon. I'm 236 right now, hoping to drop to 180 not sure how long it will take.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I definitely do not crave the fast food I used to eat when I was 230..but I still crave pizza and cheesesteaks..I very much look forward to my cheat day lol

Another vice of mine is craft beer..I would guess id be 10-15 lbs lighter if I didnt drink 10-12 beers once per week..those calories are legit

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I definitely do not crave the fast food I used to eat when I was 230..but I still crave pizza and cheesesteaks..I very much look forward to my cheat day lol

Another vice of mine is craft beer..I would guess id be 10-15 lbs lighter if I didnt drink 10-12 beers once per week..those calories are legit

today was my cheat day,

was at chickies and petes

got snow crabs 18 bucks, plus crab fries. and lots of beer sam's summer ale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad