Post-Game Talk: #53 | FLYERS (H) vs. Penguins (A) | Tue., May, 4 | 7:00 pm ET

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Strange coincidence that Ellott allowed his 500th career goal due to being back in his net playing small in his 500th career game.

Please retire tomorrow.

All he needed for Elliott Bingo was for it to also be a wraparound he couldn't get to because he'd hooked his leg on the net to cover the lower part of the outside for some reason.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
No, it's the werewolf thing. Ghost's GF is a witch - witches and werewolves don't mix.
tenor.gif

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I agree but it's terrible sportsmanship and I've seen some grisly injuries from defensemen going into the boards like that on icing touch-ups. Best just to try and fight him if the saddle burr is that big.
Wasn't as malicious as Ghost, but Provy had a similar play with Rust where Rust was able to protect himself before he could crash into the boards.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Since we'll all be accused of intentionally ignoring it, I'll say it outright: dumb, dirty, reckless play by Ghost at the end there.

Not just because of the high chance of injury, but because it gives management an easy pretext to get rid of him (not that they needed one, but 'not a team player', 'needs to control himself', etc.). Unless he wants out, in which case, great job!

Just on that empty-netter it's clear Patrick and Ghost hate Friedman. I'm the one always yelling to trip the player around the blue line and even I wouldn't try those plays :laugh:

I am usually a weak milktoast kind of guy. But I hated Friedman on the Phantoms, he was the one that lost the series against the Marlies a few years ago. He would get blasted by the forechecking and either get knocked off the puck or fell down or both.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am usually a weak milktoast kind of guy. But I hated Friedman on the Phantoms, he was the one that lost the series against the Marlies a few years ago. He would get blasted by the forechecking and either get knocked off the puck or fell down or both.
So he would fit right in with the Flyers defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad