Post-Game Talk: #52 |New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | May 3rd | 7:00 | F/L 4-2

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Yeah, but I promise you it’s not “friendly” enough.
fb4be881960abe9cc21994b04ffde6e8.gif

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Teams have figured out what to do with Barzal, pressure him with 2 guys and he won’t look for open guy he will try to elude them with turn after turn . He so busy zigging and zagging he can’t see anyone and eventually coughs up the puck. He’s lost right now
Certainly doesn’t look like Barzal is leader quality. Has the opportunity to put the team on his back w/o Lee as the best player...and he’s more Seguin-like.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I’ve lost any hope for Palmieri getting going

Sadly we have to chalk this one up to a lost 1st round pick at this point

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Nelson line actually looked pretty good today, only line which had a push, Wally also showed some life but the rest of the team. not so much.

My gosh it is so not about one game that I don’t even know how you could give that reply.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Barzal just looked like he didn't want to be there.

that is exactly what I saw. very passive at times. with his stick on loose pucks and a bunch of puck he just lost for no reason, not le him. Lost a big face-off and created a screen by being ou too position on the winning goal.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Honestly, tonight I’m embarrassed to be an Isles’s fan. They desperately need wins to get home ice, they are 11-13-2 on the road, 20-3-3 at home, yet they lose to the worst team in hockey starting their 9th string goalie. So f***ing embarrassing. This team s going nowhere, except golfing. Gonna get swept in the 1st round. To be outplayed by the worst team in hockey is inexcusable.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Is the devils were paying all of Palmieri’s contract I’m not sure it would be enough.

Beyond shocking what is zero he has been.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
My gosh it is so not about one game that I don’t even know how you could give that reply.

and I dont know why you would single someone out that had a pretty good game. so it goes both ways. My comment stands. Nelson line had a pretty good game. I have no issue with his contract.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I’ve lost any hope for Palmieri getting going

Sadly we have to chalk this one up to a lost 1st round pick at this point
Not only that, but look at the standings. Boston is probably gonna win this division. Think about where they were at the trade deadline. They get Hall and Mike Reilly, do not even give up a first round pick. And they have done nothing but win, while all we do is lose except when playing the Rags.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Is the devils are paying all of Palmieri’s contract I’m not sure it would be enough.

Yeah. He might just be a poor fit in Barry’s system, but good lord he is doing nothing to help his cause going into FA

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Pains me to type it, but they bring absolutely ZILCH. Sample Size has been sufficient, the experiment failed.

It’s so frustrating that they each bring absolutely nothing. I know we like to rib MDC here occasionally, but I’ve liked his game this year and there are at least positive results when he’s in the lineup compared to when those two dipshits came from NJ.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Not only that, but look at the standings. Boston is probably gonna win this division. Think about where they were at the trade deadline. They get Hall and Mike Reilly, do not even give up a first round pick. And they have done nothing but win, while all we do is lose except when playing the Rags.
Hall was always my top choice. I really thought Palms would help. But we got fleeced

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Is the devils were paying all of Palmieri’s contract I’m not sure it would be enough.

12 GP 1G 1A

Zajac right behind him with 9GP 1G 1A.

1st round pick for 21GP 2G 2A. Brutal. Not saying I know better than Lou, and hindsight is always 20/20 but those looking to go for Hall were right.

These guys have injected no life into the team. They are the epitome of unremarkable.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If we are being true with ourselves and fellows posters, it is not farfetched to say we could have gotten the same results and offense with Andrew Ladd brought up.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
12 GP 1G 1A

Zajac right behind him with 9GP 1G 1A.

1st round pick for 21GP 2G 2A. Brutal. Not saying I know better than Lou, and hindsight is always 20/20 but those looking to go for Hall were right.

These guys have injected no life into the team. They are the epitome of unremarkable.
Yup. Honestly I’d seriously consider benching Palmieri.

MDC at least brings an honest effort, which is more than I can say for either of the players we received from that trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad