Post-Game Talk: #52 |New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | May 3rd | 7:00 | F/L 4-2

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I hate the Bailey Nelson vibe.

I prefer players with a visible pulse.
download.jpg

See that Blip? That was when Bones mentioned Bailey....

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I've said it before this season but I don't see the same battle level this season.
The belief they can overcome adversity in games I've had the previous two seasons is all but gone.
When they fall behind they look lost.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Trotz just said his team looked for an easy game tonight.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I've said it before this season but I don't see the same battle level this season.
The belief they can overcome adversity in games I've had the previous two seasons is all but gone.
When they fall behind they look lost.

I don't see this group getting through a round, never the less 2.

It seems there is a stench of disbelief in the room, almost as if they feel that without Lee , they can't do it.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Well the good news is that this isn't the playoffs yet. We didnt win a game in the regular season after pageau and greene trades last year. Barry has to whip these guys into shape.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
After the complete mutilations that were the first 6 games vs. you guys, happy to get one.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Rage has subsided.

Isles got outworked and lost. It happens, and one game isn’t gonna make or break them. It basically guarantees they have no shot at playing at home, which sucks considering how much better they are at home, but I trust Barry will have them ready for the playoffs

They did it. Those beautiful bas****s did it.
It’s not even close to the Leafs losing to a literal Zamboni driver

Reactions: MJF

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I feel like our fans always want the safe picks MDC over Nylander or Palmeri over Hall

sometimes we need to go for the big swing

Palmeri has brought nothing to this team at all

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Some may be surprised to know, the only team Buffalo had not beaten in the division prior to tonight was The NY Isles. Not the end of the world.

islesnyc

Jul 5, 2012
Tip of the hat to the goalie. He earned the win and made a few nice saves in the process. It happens. I still remember when Arbour put in a surprise starter Danny Lorenz against the 92 Penguins and he got his first and only win.

Buf totally outplayed us the last two periods and deserved to win. Tomorrows game will be telling. Quick turnaround against the same team in away building after getting thoroughly out hustled. It’s essentially a playoff style setup against a team we should beat handily. If it’s not a completely different game, I’m going to be concerned.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tip of the hat to the goalie. He earned the win and made a few nice saves in the process. It happens. I still remember when Arbour put in a surprise starter Danny Lorenz against the 92 Penguins and he got his first and only win.

Buf totally outplayed us the last two periods and deserved to win. Tomorrows game will be telling. Quick turnaround against the same team in away building after getting thoroughly out hustled. It’s essentially a playoff style setup against a team we should beat handily. If it’s not a completely different game, I’m going to be concerned.
Yep, there are no gimmes in this league. I covered myself today thinking this could be a game Palmieri get confidence to break out in, but I knew enough to throw caution to the wind. Easy games are not always easy.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->