Post-Game Talk: #52 |New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | May 3rd | 7:00 | F/L 4-2

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lee is gone for this season and he isn't coming back. Speculating about what might be if he were still playing is pointless. Lee is a good player and it's a loss, but the weighting given by many to Lee's departure is out of balance with his actual production, particularly against teams not from Buffalo. Let's deal with the reality before us, not pine for what might be otherwise.
Who's we? You have been posting here for 2 weeks. From the sounds of it, not much of a Lee fan or Islanders fan. For someone that claims he or she is sick of reading about Lee. You sure like posting about Lee alot. Some obscure Posters sure pop up after losses.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
Who's we? You have been posting here for 2 weeks. From the sounds of it, not much of a Lee fan or Islanders fan. For someone that claims he or she is sick of reading about Lee. You sure like posting about Lee alot. Some obscure Posters sure pop up after losses.
I just am not a fan of whining about injuries. We have lost one good player and have otherwise been very healthy. Our coach is supposed to be the best, as is our GM. Well, now's the time to prove it and adjust and nobody is going to care who we are missing because without exception, every other team is dealing with significant losses as well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I just am not a fan of whining about injuries. We have lost one good player and have otherwise been very healthy. Our coach is supposed to be the best, as is our GM. Well, now's the time to prove it and adjust and nobody is going to care who we are missing because without exception, every other team is dealing with significant losses as well.
No one is whining, no one is making excuses, no one brought up the coach or GM, no one is denying injuries are part of the game. You can stop making up false narratives. Since you are an admirer of TB, and have posted on them. Curious why 7 months of no posting and suddenly you arrive here and say you are an Islanders fan. One can say my BS meter has gone off. You are going to have to do better than that for me to believe you are an Islanders fan.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Which I don't understand.

You aren't supposed to go into those face-offs looking to win them cleanly. You just need to tie up the opponent and make sure that puck dies right in that face-off circle.
The issue on that? Zajac (0%) WAS taking that and many of the defensive zone faceoffs in the 3rd period, and Pageau WAS NOT dressed.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
No one is whining, no one is making excuses, no one brought up the coach or GM, no one is denying injuries are part of the game. You can stop making up false narratives. Since you are an admirer of TB, and have posted on them. Curious why 7 months of no posting and suddenly you arrive here and say you are an Islanders fan. One can say my BS meter has gone off. You are going to have to do better than for me to believe you are an Islanders fan.
The original poster to whom I responded has posted the same thing about Lee many times. That he is apparently the linchpin of the organization and we have never fully appreciated what he means to the team until now. I think that is way overstating the case and is a none too veiled way of making excuses for poor play. If you disagree, fine.

And I couldn't give a damn what you think about me as an Islander fan. I've been reading your posts for years and I think you are the worst kind of fan. The kind that can't deal with dissent or an alternative point of view without casting aspersions about motivation. It isn't the Satan's Islands and the Uncle Dukes who are the problem around here, it is the people such as yourself who get so angry that they have a different point of view and have not fully drunk the Lou/Barry Kool-Aid.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The original poster to whom I responded has posted the same thing about Lee many times. That he is apparently the linchpin of the organization and we have never fully appreciated what he means to the team until now. I think that is way overstating the case and is a none too veiled way of making excuses for poor play. If you disagree, fine.

And I couldn't give a damn what you think about me as an Islander fan. I've been reading your posts for years and I think you are the worst kind of fan. The kind that can't deal with dissent or an alternative point of view without casting aspersions about motivation. It isn't the Satan's Islands and the Uncle Dukes who are the problem around here, it is the people such as yourself who get so angry that they have a different point of view and have not fully drunk the Lou/Barry Kool-Aid.

You don't say. :eyeroll:

Reactions: CupHolders

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
An NHL team suffered an injury to a player. That is shocking.

The excuse that keeps on giving.
I think you are missing the boat here. Isles fans have been adamant that his deal is terrible, he's old, slow, and should be traded/exposed in the expansion draft due to his cap hit and 'anchor' contract.

In essence, he's been removed from the lineup due to injury and the Isles seem to have been meandering since that time. The fans got their wish that he's off the ice. So, in part, here's the net result, ie. he means something to this team and how it is constructed.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think you misconstrued the satirical point of the post. It wasn’t to suggest that Lee’s absence is a legitimate reason for their performance.

Rather that Lee has often been incorrectly maligned by certain members of this fan base as a poor contract.
Bingo. Fill his cup.

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Why not bring in Golyshev and see what he can add. Can’t hurt.
Scott, your post is my favorite in this Casey at the Bat GDT. I love how we started with arrogance and ended with rage.

I'd go further than Golyshev and ice much of Bridgeport for the next game against Buffalo. If our regulars are going to play so listlessly, then start some AHL guys who would kill for an NHL career.

The fear of injuries in these last few meaningless games has crept into at least my mind and three games in four nights offers a good pretext to rest some guys, who in reality need to be sent to purgatory (i.e. the press box) to think about their sins.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

Funny, considering how much you complain about others fans' opinions that vary from your own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad