GDT: #52 ISLANDERS (43-25-4) at DEVILS (31-29-11) - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Been a fan since the 90s and I was there tonight. Don't be a sore loser. We are not bandwagoners, we just finally have something to cheer about after so many years of mismanagement and poor ownership. We are just supporting our team.

Yes Yes Yes Yes!

Really? You come into a Devils forum and post this? Go back to your cave troll, you haven't seen a cup lifted in your lifetime.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
To get out-chanced by a popgun Devils offense that played in Buffalo last night while they were waiting around since Tuesday nite, color me not impressed by the team from Uniondale.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Originally Posted by Isles Shawn View Post
Been a fan since the 90s and I was there tonight. Don't be a sore loser. We are not bandwagoners, we just finally have something to cheer about after so many years of mismanagement and poor ownership. We are just supporting our team.

OK Maybe you are not but there are Many and you know it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Whoopee, ruin the few kids we have by bringing them up too soon so we can get a more highly rated kid. Pure Edmonton strategy

Ruining Boucher or Matteau implies that there is more than meets the eye with them. Look at their AHL numbers, we aren't ruining anything. It's not like Santini, Jacobs, and Kujawinski are being signed and thrown into the fire. If after a year and a half in the A Matteau and Boucher are being "ruined" by being recalled with like 15 games left, then we are screwed even more than I thought.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Yes Yes Yes Yes!

Maybe you aren't, but there are plenty out there, just like there are Devils bandwagoners when they are doing well and rags bandwagoners, and LA bandwagoners when they go to the SCF; every team has them when they are doing well and it's particularly noticeable in the first couple years of a turnaround. Don't pretend there are no Islander bandwagoners.

Also, why people expect rationality in a forum for fans of a team who just lost is beyond me. Especially immediately after the game.

Isles Shawn

Aug 3, 2010
Long Island, NY
There is a fair amount of bandwagoners.

Even then, there is a lot of flaunting with this Islanders fan base. They have a very good team and every right to enjoy it but seeing them openly brag about it and talk down upon the Devils (and other teams) is just childish.

Especially considering just how long the Islanders were mediocre for.

I can see that point. I didn't notice any of that going on tonight, not saying it didn't happen though. Most of us just didn't want to spend money on the team because of how bad they've been. Just wanted to make it known that a lot of us that are now coming out are because we have a reason to now. We've been beaten down for so many years. No reason to talk down on the Devils , I've rooted for you guys in the past and we both hate the Rangers!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
To get out-chanced by a popgun Devils offense that played in Buffalo last night while they were waiting around since Tuesday nite, color me not impressed by the team from Uniondale.

To be fair, the Devils played down to the Isles level when the Isles were terrible and the Devils were good. A lot of teams do this. Isles still won and in the end that's what matters.

That said, I tend to agree about the Isles not quite being there yet. They looked inferior to the Pens who look pretty inferior to the other teams in the East. I think those two going out early will be the two biggest surprises everyone should have saw coming.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If NYi matches up with the Rags at any point in the playoffs, their fans should know that 100% of our fans will be rooting for them, case closed.

As for the game tonight, Gelly's gaffe was disappointing.
He also got caught too many times on long shifts where he couldn't get off the ice.

I thought Halak was excellent and won them the game but we also passed up shot attempts once again.

The effort was there, the chances were there, but with a shorthanded lineup in talent and lack of skilled forwards there will be nights were you don't get the bounces even with great effort.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I can see that point. I didn't notice any of that going on tonight, not saying it didn't happen though. Most of us just didn't want to spend money on the team because of how bad they've been. Just wanted to make it known that a lot of us that are now coming out are because we have a reason to now. We've been beaten down for so many years. No reason to talk down on the Devils , I've rooted for you guys in the past and we both hate the Rangers!

There's a lot of Islanders fans I know that would be quick to say the Devils suck and have no future. Sadly, those are the ones you hear the most and the ones that are the most obnoxious -- especially in another teams building.

I guess it goes that way for just about every team. However, it's been noticeably apparent for the Islanders and worse give how mediocre they've been and how dormant their fan base has been for the longest time.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
So i stayed late for signatures after the game and Dano came out for signings and i told him i love him but he needs to stop screaming into the microphone. He had a good little chuckle but probably was offended. Figured some of you would appreciate that

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
So i stayed late for signatures after the game and Dano came out for signings and i told him i love him but he needs to stop screaming into the microphone. He had a good little chuckle but probably was offended. Figured some of you would appreciate that

Thank you for speaking for all of us. :D

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kenny has to be aware of it, he is working on controlling his emotions but you don't want to take that much passion away from him in the booth.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

Did ya at least tell him he's improving lol?

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Tootoo is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. Not only is he a decent playerbut he is reAlly
Down to earth. He stops to talk and sign with fans at every single game afterwards. Told him he should stick around if he can because he is quickly becoming our heart and soul (which is sad but true)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kenny has to be aware of it, he is working on controlling his emotions but you don't want to take that much passion away from him in the booth.

Honestly we'd probably find Kenny's emotion more endearing if this was an actual good Devils team.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
This was the worst I've seen Islanders fans act at a Devils/Islanders game that I've been able to go to over the last 5 years.

Lots of jerks and taunting going on. Very disappointing considering most Islanders fans were good people back in the day.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
This was the worst I've seen Islanders fans act at a Devils/Islanders game that I've been able to go to over the last 5 years.

Lots of jerks and taunting going on. Very disappointing considering most Islanders fans were good people back in the day.

You should have been in section 103. We were just saying "*******" to clowns all night

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Saturday night + pie-sky optomism = SAUCED BEYOND BELIEF :laugh:

One Devils fan in 120 wanted to take on four Isle fans in 121, I don't know what started it but a security guy had to come over to quell that commotion during the third period. Another Isles fan could barely walk he was so sauced during the second intermission and needed his buddies to keep him from falling over while walking :P

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
It pissed me off that they booed Schneider during the 3 stars and I wasn't even there. Enjoy your win but don't disrespect our best player on our ice.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It pissed me off that they booed Schneider during the 3 stars and I wasn't even there. Enjoy your win but don't disrespect our best player on our ice.

That doesn't bother me too much.

I've booed home players in other building's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca