GDT: #52 ISLANDERS (43-25-4) at DEVILS (31-29-11) - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm keeping POS Foligno as my avatar until I have to use my Islanders playoff one.

**** this useless waste of an NHL coaching position.

Can't wait to give up PP (or shortly after expiring) goals to the DEAD Kings PP on Monday yet.

Gelinas stunk tonight. This is the kind of game that gets him upstairs if DeBoer was still here.

And I absolutely wouldn't be in favor of that. Glad he's gone now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They played hard and was basically and even played game.

Not impressed with NYi at all.
Unless they play Pitts they are early exits.

Disappointed in Gelly with that first period gaffe that led to a goal.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I really hope Lou sits down with Zubrus and talks him into retiring. You had a good run dainus. You played 1200+ games in your career but it's just time. Offer him a job in the organization or something.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
They played hard and was basically and even played game.

Not impressed with NYi at all.
Unless they play Pitts they are early exits.

Disappointed in Gelly with that first period gaffe that led to a goal.

I don't think they even beat Pittsburgh at this rate. The Islanders have 1st round exit written all over them. Typical playoff qualifier living off the early season cushion they built. When you need your goalie to bail your ***** out against the Devils of all teams (playing w/o their best forward, mind you), well you have some serious problems.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't think they even beat Pittsburgh at this rate. The Islanders have 1st round exit written all over them. Typical playoff qualifier living off the early season cushion they built. When you need your goalie to bail your ***** out against the Devils of all teams (playing w/o their best forward, mind you), well you have some serious problems.

I still think they beat Pitts.
But neither squad is going far.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm keeping POS Foligno as my avatar until I have to use my Islanders playoff one.

**** this useless waste of an NHL coaching position.

Can't wait to give up PP (or shortly after expiring) goals to the DEAD Kings PP on Monday yet.

Gelinas stunk tonight. This is the kind of game that gets him upstairs if DeBoer was still here.

And I absolutely wouldn't be in favor of that. Glad he's gone now.

You really are a piece of work :laugh:

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I still think they beat Pitts.
But neither squad is going far.

I think Pittsburgh is the only team the Isles could beat in the playoffs. The Rangers would wipe the floor with them and the same goes for Washington with the way they're playing right now. Honestly I don't even ****ing understand how the playoff system works. It's such a ****in joke. Another example of the NHL trying to fix something that wasn't broke. Just go back to the way it used to be. I don't ****ing get it. Same for the stupid ****ing shootout.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really hope Lou sits down with Zubrus and talks him into retiring. You had a good run dainus. You played 1200+ games in your career but it's just time. Offer him a job in the organization or something.
This x10000000000000

He's a worse offensive player than Pandolfo was his last year here, think about that for a second.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Whoopee, ruin the few kids we have by bringing them up too soon so we can get a more highly rated kid. Pure Edmonton strategy

Both players have already been up in the nhl.....so I guess you like the win a bunch of meaningless games and get nobody in the draft strategy.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
This x10000000000000

He's a worse offensive player than Pandolfo was his last year here, think about that for a second.

I think my brain subconsciously eliminated any memory of Jay Pandolfo's last season, sorta like a **** victim. That's how bad it was. Pandolfo's last year always annoyed me even more cause I always felt like we chose Jay over John Madden when both of their careers were winding down. But you're right it's gotten to that point with Dainus. He's a smart guy though, if he has enough integrity he'd realize that he's not an NHL player anymore and just retire. Why go out there and embarrass yourself? Either go to Europe and play in an easier league or retire and get a job with the organization. Lou would take care of him and Dainus is the type of guy Lou would look out for. I feel like you could almost say the same for Ruutu but at least Ruutu has that physical aspect to his game that allows him to play on the 4th line. Might as well just bring up Matteau and see how he can do in the bottom 6.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think my brain subconsciously eliminated any memory of Jay Pandolfo's last season, sorta like a **** victim. That's how bad it was. Pandolfo's last year always annoyed me even more cause I always felt like we chose Jay over John Madden when both of their careers were winding down. But you're right it's gotten to that point with Dainus. He's a smart guy though, if he has enough integrity he'd realize that he's not an NHL player anymore and just retire. Why go out there and embarrass yourself? Either go to Europe and play in an easier league or retire and get a job with the organization. Lou would take care of him and Dainus is the type of guy Lou would look out for. I feel like you could almost say the same for Ruutu but at least Ruutu has that physical aspect to his game that allows him to play on the 4th line. Might as well just bring up Matteau and see how he can do in the bottom 6.

But Pandolfo's last goal ever as a Devil completed one of the Devils best comebacks...

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Id like to get rid of Zubrus, ruutu and gionta.
Of course Ryder and havlat are gone.

I have grown fond of Gionta.

For what he gives you, he's a pretty good player in that light. You know what you're getting. In a strictly fourth line role, preferably at wing, he's a hell of a player to have. If we can get a team so that he's playing that position, then we would be in good shape.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
whats up guys!? Just got in from a fun night out

Can someone sum the game up? We got shutout but I see Lou and others saying it was a tough game? How so? Upset we didn't score tho..

Thanks!

Isles Shawn

Aug 3, 2010
Long Island, NY
This is what pisses me off most. You have these bandwagon ****** deciding to show up in droves because they have a decent team for the first time in 14 years. They don't deserve to sit through another loss and listen to the WWE chanters.

How quickly they forget the nights when they were lucky to have 4k in their own barn.

**** em and let the bandwagon catch fire. They've been insufferable this entire season.

Been a fan since the 90s and I was there tonight. Don't be a sore loser. We are not bandwagoners, we just finally have something to cheer about after so many years of mismanagement and poor ownership. We are just supporting our team.

Yes Yes Yes Yes!

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
whats up guys!? Just got in from a fun night out

Can someone sum the game up? We got shutout but I see Lou and others saying it was a tough game? How so? Upset we didn't score tho..

Thanks!

Halak made some great saves. We played hard but couldn't score. It wasn't from a lack of effort.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Been a fan since the 90s and I was there tonight. Don't be a sore loser. We are not bandwagoners, we just finally have something to cheer about after so many years of mismanagement and poor ownership. We are just supporting our team.

Yes Yes Yes Yes!

There is a fair amount of bandwagoners.

Even then, there is a lot of flaunting with this Islanders fan base. They have a very good team and every right to enjoy it but seeing them openly brag about it and talk down upon the Devils (and other teams) is just childish.

Especially considering just how long the Islanders were mediocre for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad