Prospect Info: 50th Overall - Nikita Chibrikov

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I truly believe Chibrikov could land himself a roster spot next year. He has the tools and maturity in his game.

I do want to sign Monahan but it's so nice to have some insulation in case we have some top 6 attrition.

A second line of Ehlers Perfetti and Chibrikov would be so much fun to watch

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I truly believe Chibrikov could land himself a roster spot next year. He has the tools and maturity in his game.

I do want to sign Monahan but it's so nice to have some insulation in case we have some top 6 attrition.

Except no one is playing center haha

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Loved his goal last night. The end result was one he completely earned. Obviously he had something to prove as I'm not sure all that many players would have pursued that hard on a puck that looked to be just a clear down the boards. But he went hard after the Vancouver defender and his work on that enabled the Jets to gain possession and thankfully he was the beneficiary scoring the goal. Nice effort, nice hands.

He skated hard all night too. I haven't watched any Moose games this past season so only knew his numbers and the comments from other posters. He definitely impressed. Looked like a goal scoring Tanev was the first impression I had.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Perfetti's top speed is faster than Scheifele, Morrissey, and 74% of the league.
I think the criticism comes from how you use it. Everyone sees that Perfetti doesn’t play at high speed. My truck easily can hit 180 kms but if I usually drive 90 kms I’m a slow driver.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I think the criticism comes from how you use it. Everyone sees that Perfetti doesn’t play at high speed. My truck easily can hit 180 kms but if I usually drive 90 kms I’m a slow driver.
What I mean to say is that he's capable if he needs to, he legitimately just likes to slow things down and thrives by doing it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What I mean to say is that he's capable if he needs to, he legitimately just likes to slow things down and thrives by doing it.
I know he likes doing it, but I don’t know if it helps him thrive. I’d argue it is the one thing he needs to eliminate from his game. If he played at his top speed all the time he has likely cemented himself in the top 6 by now. IMO is is risking going down the Petan path. All the talent in the world but if you can’t/won’t play at a high enough speed then you struggle at the NHL level.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
It’s his acceleration that has people thinking that. His first few steps seem pretty slow.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

I think that line would get caved. Not a lot of size and they’re mostly offensive talents. Chib will see 4th line usage to start, kinda like Barron with a higher ceiling and less snarl.

Reactions: TS Quint

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I know he likes doing it, but I don’t know if it helps him thrive. I’d argue it is the one thing he needs to eliminate from his game. If he played at his top speed all the time he has likely cemented himself in the top 6 by now. IMO is is risking going down the Petan path. All the talent in the world but if you can’t/won’t play at a high enough speed then you struggle at the NHL level.
I'd argue that being able to slow down the game is a staple of pretty much every pure playmaker. They need plays to develop and lanes to open up. Playing at a high speed doesn't necessarily mean skating fast, it's also about processing fast. The Petan comment feels off base considering Perfetti has scored more goals and points this season than Petan has his entire career.

It’s his acceleration that has people thinking that. His first few steps seem pretty slow.
Definitely something he should work on.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Perfetti's top speed is faster than Scheifele, Morrissey, and 74% of the league.
It just takes him a few extra strides to get there, which isn't a big deal

Perfetti's speed is fine, but he could still use a little quickness

But his game is based on his vision and hockey IQ, so his quickness isn't a factor IMHO

ello

Jun 12, 2018
top speed is a very weird stat, pretty much any NHLer could do a couple of laps and gain momentum and get into the top percentiles for the year

You’d think Perfetti would be beating dmen wide on a regular basis if that stat were relevant.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
top speed is a very weird stat, pretty much any NHLer could do a couple of laps and gain momentum and get into the top percentiles for the year

You’d think Perfetti would be beating dmen wide on a regular basis if that stat were relevant.
Do you think players are taking a couple of laps in game in an attempt to get into the top percentiles?

Connor is one of the fastest players in the league, why does he keep cutting back instead of beating dmen wide on a regular basis?

Reactions: hn777

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Fastest player on the Jets Rasmus Kupari, followed by Morgan Barron, and then... Nate Schmidt.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Fastest player on the Jets Rasmus Kupari, followed by Morgan Barron, and then... Nate Schmidt.
I don't recall any of them beating a dman wide regularly or in fact ever. In actual fact, there are only a handful of players in the entire league that can beat an NHL dman wide with regularity ie McDavid, Mackinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad