Prospect Info: 50th Overall - Nikita Chibrikov

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian forward Nikita Chibrikov bounced around the various Russian leagues this year, getting time playing against men in the KHL and VHL, while also having games in the MHL junior league. Play for Russian powerhouse SKA St. Petersburgh, Chibrikov played 16 KHL games scoring one goal and one assist. He added three goals and eight assists for 11 points in 20 VHL games. Playing against other teenagers, Chibrikov scored three goals and six assists for nine points in 11 games. He also added three assists in five playoff games.

2021 NHL Draft #18: Nikita Chibrikov Scouting Report

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
upload_2021-7-24_11-24-56.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Very happy with this pick especially in the mid second. We won't need him anytime soon so I'm not worries about the contract.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
For reference, our highest Russian draft pick before Chibrikov was #157, and he's just the 3rd Russian the franchise has ever drafted. Chevy and crew mixed it up a bit with this one, hopefully we have a great prospect and a great match.
Speaking of, I wonder if we bring over Pavel Kravkovsky this year.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Really good player. High end skill. Another right wing. Was fantastic at the u18s.

Yeah love the pick. It's a swing for the fences. Guy reminded me of Ehlers, a little less dynamic in terms of speed but same kind of puck skill and smarts at the blue lines/in transition.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Chibrikov was Pronman’s best available player heading into round 2:
  1. Nikita Chibrikov, RW, SKA-VHL
Feb. 16, 2003 | 5-foot-10 | 170 pounds
Skating: Average
Puck Skills: Average
Hockey Sense: Above-average
Compete: Above-average

Chibrikov impressed early at the junior level this season, earning a quick promotion to playing versus men where he held his own at the VHL and KHL levels and making an appearance with Russia’s senior team. He was also a top scorer at the U18 worlds with 13 points in seven games. He’s undersized and not an amazing skater for his size, but he’s done well versus pros because of his tremendous playmaking ability and his ability to win battles despite his size. He can make slick one-on-one plays, creative plays under pressure and find seams consistently. He’s physical and responsible defensively. He could be a more explosive skater ideally, but the other elements of his game pop. In a sentence, Chibrikov projects as a top-six forward who will be on an NHL power play.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Probably too early to tell. But are we needing to do some swaying to make him come to Winnipeg? I'd rather not see another Ivan Telegin situation.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'm not a huge fan of the pick - Russians are always projects or pain in the ass...

Iorio has much greater potential to be a player the Jets can use - we left a 6'3 RHD with offensive upside on the board.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad