Post-Game Talk: #50 | Bruins at Flyers | January 27, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-2

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I have to imagine they can’t actively be selling frost, but I think they are getting calls about him….Forget my biases regarding Frost, they have ZERO internal replacement for him at all. Nothing in the pipeline, nothing on the roster.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
"Frosts name pops up" - what exactly does that mean?
Other teams always mention names they're interested in, and Briere has said that anyone is available for a price.
However, nothing so far say Breire is willing to take a discount for any player.
The problem is Management's definition of "discount", especially when the coach thinks equal value is a toilet seat.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I have to imagine they can’t actively be selling frost, but I think they are getting calls about him….Forget my biases regarding Frost, they have ZERO internal replacement for him at all. Nothing in the pipeline, nothing on the roster.
You have to think teams will be calling to take advantage of team Dino. But when you are one of the least skilled teams in the nhl with no centers anywhere, the return better be massive.

It won’t be tho , it will be for some 24 year old Laughton clone.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Huh? What?

Some players can play both sides, others are more comfortable on their "natural" side.

Depends on the player, also depends on experience, tough for a young player to both get used to NHL speed and to play his off side.
"Huh? What?" what? Which part of that don't you understand? I agree some players are more comfortable on their "natural" side... but I don't think it should be a big issue. Along that line, I've always been a "draft best available player", not "what you need" kinda guy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Huh? What?" what? Which part of that don't you understand? I agree some players are more comfortable on their "natural" side... but I don't think it should be a big issue. Along that line, I've always been a "draft best available player", not "what you need" kinda guy.
You draft BPA, then you trade to fill needs down the road.
Maximize the quantity of assets, then maneuver to get the most out of those assets.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The current management group has been together for less than a season, it's already obvious they have a different mindset than Holmgren/Hextall/CF.

We'll see how they do, but past performance by the FO is irrelevant going forward. So far, there's a sense of coherence they've lacked for a decade or longer. Briere has shown the ability to roll with the punches and not panic. He got about the best return you could expect for Provorov (1st, (2) 2nds, Grans and whatever they get for Walker) and Gauthier.

They're not going to tank, that was clear from the beginning. They have added young assets and seem poised to continue to do so the next couple seasons.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The current management group has been together for less than a season, it's already obvious they have a different mindset than Holmgren/Hextall/CF.

We'll see how they do, but past performance by the FO is irrelevant going forward. So far, there's a sense of coherence they've lacked for a decade or longer. Briere has shown the ability to roll with the punches and not panic. He got about the best return you could expect for Provorov (1st, (2) 2nds, Grans and whatever they get for Walker) and Gauthier.

They're not going to tank, that was clear from the beginning. They have added young assets and seem poised to continue to do so the next couple seasons.

They've been together for quite a long time actually. I love this continuity.

Reactions: BernieParent

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I still like the Provorov trade a lot.
The jury is still out on that one I believe....

Peterson is a disaster which we knew.
Grans is a prospect aka wildcard.
Walker needs to return something good this trade deadline as was the expected plan.
Bonk and the picks are still wildcards.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
When was the last time this team got the most value out of an asset?

Provorov. They got a 1st, 2nd, and a defensemen that's actually better than him for a mediocre, delusional, loser, homophobe. That defensemen, Walker, is likely to get flipped for another solid asset or two as well.

Reactions: Curufinwe

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Ville Leino
This is one of the rare times I am making a serious hockey-related statement. Leino was acquired from Detroit on February 6 for the meh sum of Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and an 2011 5th rounder. After putting up a meagre 4 points in the remaining 13 games of the regular season, Leino helped to form arguably the Flyers' best offensive line through their march to within a goal and a game of the Stanley Cup (sniff), with 21 points in 19 games. Leino followed that up with 53 points in 81 games but only 5 points in 11 playoff games.

Here's the amazing part: the Flyers chose to not re-sign Leino, who signed a 6-year $27 million UFA contract with Buffalo. The Sabres later bought out the remaining 3 years of his contract. The Flyers picked up a player for peanuts, got fantastic results, and then let him go before he broke the bank. I am holding on with both arms to this ray of historical sunshine amid the eternal twilight of Flyers player moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad