Proposal: 5 trades involving Pacioretty (NYI, DAL, OTT, CGY, PHI, TB)

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
no point wasting each others time tbh, if you value a 20 goal 3rd line center over patches, then more power to you. i clearly wont be able to change your mind.
A 21 year old with clear top-6 potential, who scored 20 goals despite playing third line minutes for much of the season, for someone far more expensive and whose best seasons are most likely behind him. I'll pass.

Patches may be the better player right now, but if the Isles actually made that trade they would be regretting it in a few years for sure.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Flames pass hard. Way too much for Patches, plus we won’t have space to resign him anyways. If it was Gallagher I might consider it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I totally expect they will all be heavily rejected, as it's the tradition on HFBoards. Have fun! :popcorn:

:habs
- Anthony Beauvillier
- 2020 Islanders 1st round draft pick

:isles
- Max Pacioretty (signed)
- Brett Lernout

-----------------------
- Jason Spezza
- Julius Honka
- 2020 Stars 1st round draft pick

:stars
- Erik Karlsson

:sens
- Mattias Janmark
- Charlie Lindgren
- 2019 Canadiens 3nd round draft pick

-----------------------
- Troy Brouwer (for buy out)
- Sam Bennett
- 2020 1st round pick
- Jon Gillies

:flames
- Charlie Lindgren

-------------------------
- Andrew MacDonald
- Travis Sanheim

:flyers
- Victor Mete

-----------------------
- 2020 Lightning 1st round draft pick
- Mathieu Joseph
- Slater Koekkoek
- Ryan Callahan (for buy out)

:bolts
- Brett Lernout

Hell no from the Flames.

The only one that is fair is the Philly one, and even then the Flyers would say no.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
1) Islanders deal is right
2) Stars would have to add a good asset for us to take on 7.5m of Spezza, AND get Patches. Adding Lindgrwn amd a 3rd is overkill on Habs end.
3) Calgary doesnt need Patches. No deal to be had anyway.
4) Flyers deal is so lopsided for Philly,it hurts. Mete = Sanheim and in no world, does even 2 McDonalds equal a Pacioretty.
5) Tampa has no need for Patches. I also think there should be one prospect less. And the roster player be Johnson. We wouldnt give up the best player in the deal AND take a cap dump.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
2) Stars would have to add a good asset for us to take on 7.5m of Spezza, AND get Patches. Adding Lindgrwn amd a 3rd is overkill on Habs end.
4) Flyers deal is so lopsided for Philly,it hurts. Mete = Sanheim and in no world, does even 2 McDonalds equal a Pacioretty.
5) Tampa has no need for Patches. I also think there should be one prospect less. And the roster player be Johnson. We wouldnt give up the best player in the deal AND take a cap dump.
Incredible analysis. We should all just hope we can settle for Halak + Ryder + 2nd instead

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
These over blown expectations on Patches worth is hillarious.

He is comming off a bad year, and I do not have any faith he will rebound while playing in the media Jungle called Montreal.

I forcast that he starts in Montreal as none of the high expectations of his trade value are met.

His play is meh to average again in Montreal.

He is traded at the deadline for a middle 2nd rounder and B rate prospect.

Plays well down the stretch and into playoffs for new team.

Signs in Fla. as a U.F.A. on Canada day 2019.
U ARE FAKE NEWS

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
no it isnt

islanders get bent over in that trade, which has been chronicled quite well by a number of posters in this thread (including non-isles fans who have no bias)

Islanders THINK they are getting bent over because they are overrating Beau. I dont blame you. Everyone loves there players, but stats dont lie.

If you want to add a top 10 goal scorer in last 7 seasons. Its going to cost you. If you DONT want to pay the price, thats ok, but lets not pretend Beau's potential is worth more than Patches. Thats HF fantasy.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

uh no, Mete does not = Sanheim. Sanheim is more skilled and has a much higher ceiling.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yeah that changes the deal from a thanks but no thanks to a f*** no from TB's perspective.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Maybe Pacioretty will start producing in the playoffs once he plays on a line with players that can dig the puck out, create space and feed him the puck. Pacioretty never had that in Montreal, other teams just had to put their best defensive unit and stop Max offensively. Things will be different for Max when he gets the support and isn't the main guy.

He doesn't have the extra gear required for playoff success

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
It's my personal belief that LW is the least valuable position in hockey(well maybe other then goalie) in terms of trade value. it's hard to find any team that is hard pressed for a LW(say even compared to teams who need right wings, and you can always use centers or defense)
Well just this past trade deadline LW Rick Nash as a rental got back Spooner and a 1st...Evander Kane got back a conditional 2nd which turned into a 1st....Tatar got back a 1st,2nd and 3rd.....With Nash the Rangers had to take back Beleskey contract but Nash is way older than Pacioretty and a way higher cap hit.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Patches, a career 30+ goal scorer, who has a 37 and 39 goal season under his belt since the lockout shortened season ---- is worth less than a 3rd line C who has had 24 and 36 POINT seasons?

You're kidding, right?

The NHL is a what have you done for me lately league. Good, young players who are trending up are more valuable than ever before. Nobody is paying steep prices for past performance anymore. Pac just getting near the age where there becomes more risk associated with him. It'd be one thing if he could be signed for free like Kovalchuk, he'd be scooped up pretty quick if that was the case but when you're talking about having to pay valuable assets it changes things

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Well just this past trade deadline LW Rick Nash as a rental got back Spooner and a 1st...Evander Kane got back a conditional 2nd which turned into a 1st....Tatar got back a 1st,2nd and 3rd.....With Nash the Rangers had to take back Beleskey contract but Nash is way older than Pacioretty and a way higher cap hit.

It’s been stated many times that Habs will get more for Patches at the deadline than now. And a sign and trade won’t be happening as I agree with the poster above that LW isn’t a valuable position like C or D.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
It’s been stated many times that Habs will get more for Patches at the deadline than now. And a sign and trade won’t be happening as I agree with the poster above that LW isn’t a valuable position like C or D.
Would like to understand why a team would be more interested in Max late February than right now, especially if the price is higher at the tdl.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Pacioretty extended is extremely valuable a middle six winger ( top six potential) + a 1st is probably rental value for patches.

Beauvillier scored 20 this year, most coming in the second half and is 21.. and you add a high first. That’s awful for the islanders

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Would like to understand why a team would be more interested in Max late February than right now, especially if the price is higher at the tdl.

Lower cap hit. He’s a rental (so no long term committment). Draft pick will be known. Patches should be scoring at good rate (i.e 30+). If he fits they will resign him like Kane if not they let him go to UFA.

Right now, it’s too risky for a player with a poor past season to commit serious assets to. He could be stuck as 17goal scorer for the rest of his new term. In the off-season you might get a second plus meh prospect because a sign and trade isn’t happening.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Islanders THINK they are getting bent over because they are overrating Beau. I dont blame you. Everyone loves there players, but stats dont lie.

If you want to add a top 10 goal scorer in last 7 seasons. Its going to cost you. If you DONT want to pay the price, thats ok, but lets not pretend Beau's potential is worth more than Patches. Thats HF fantasy.
Max is the player who is overated. Montreal fan started this thread. Patches can stay in Canada as far as I'm concerned. It's Max style of play I don't care for almost as much as his age, salary, and statistics.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Lower cap hit. He’s a rental (so no long term committment). Draft pick will be known. Patches should be scoring at good rate (i.e 30+). If he fits they will resign him like Kane if not they let him go to UFA.

Right now, it’s too risky for a player with a poor past season to commit serious assets to. He could be stuck as 17goal scorer for the rest of his new term. In the off-season you might get a second plus meh prospect because a sign and trade isn’t happening.
Lower cap hit i get even though most teams do not have cap issues.
The rental stuff i dont get. Nobody knows if it will turn into a Kane or a Stastny. He is as much a rental today as he will be later. A longer rental should cost more.

I believe you are looking at this from the Habs pov. Since they dont seem to get great value now, you hope he will rebound and resign him as it would dumb to trade a goal scorer on that lousy roster. If he doesnt rebound less teams will be interested and he might be the next JVR lost for nothing.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Beauvillier scored 20 this year, most coming in the second half and is 21.. and you add a high first. That’s awful for the islanders

Arturri lehkonen scored 18 goals as a rookie (20 goal pace) at about the same age and people constantly stated he was a throwing piece and wasn't worth much but Beaulivier is? 20 goals but under 20 assists makes you. Middle six guy. Again think about what Andrew Shaw and Lars eller got traded for. They got 2 2nds. He isn't a second line guy yet, he might be but you can't value him as one at this moment, he may become a 25-25 guy and be a good second liner, he might become a 18-18 guy and be a decent third liner only time will tell.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Arturri lehkonen scored 18 goals as a rookie (20 goal pace) at about the same age and people constantly stated he was a throwing piece and wasn't worth much but Beaulivier is? 20 goals but under 20 assists makes you. Middle six guy. Again think about what Andrew Shaw and Lars eller got traded for. They got 2 2nds. He isn't a second line guy yet, he might be but you can't value him as one at this moment, he may become a 25-25 guy and be a good second liner, he might become a 18-18 guy and be a decent third liner only time will tell.

Beauvillier>lehkonen and its not close at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad