Proposal: 5 trades involving Pacioretty (NYI, DAL, OTT, CGY, PHI, TB)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
These over blown expectations on Patches worth is hillarious.

He is comming off a bad year, and I do not have any faith he will rebound while playing in the media Jungle called Montreal.

I forcast that he starts in Montreal as none of the high expectations of his trade value are met.

His play is meh to average again in Montreal.

He is traded at the deadline for a middle 2nd rounder and B rate prospect.

Plays well down the stretch and into playoffs for new team.

Signs in Fla. as a U.F.A. on Canada day 2019.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Patches, a career 30+ goal scorer, who has a 37 and 39 goal season under his belt since the lockout shortened season ---- is worth less than a 3rd line C who has had 24 and 36 POINT seasons?

You're kidding, right?

Beauvillier is twenty one years old and is a first round draft pick who is a cost controlled asset. He is very talented and will hopefully improve. I stick with Tito

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
unproven prospects always have more value than established star players.

People are out to lunch because they get hung up on "what could be"

The truth is, it does sometime depend on what a player could be (look at Domi vs Galchenyuk or the Calgary/Carolina swap) but by in large it matters what a player is today. The price to fetch a Max Pacioretty (on a sign/trade deal) is going to be a lot higher than people here want to pay, but it will get done.

Ultimately, the Habs aren't getting a 1C back for Max, and they probably aren't getting a 20 year old that is poised to be a 1C --- they also most likely aren't getting a 1LD.

Max will fetch a 1st round pick (20+ overall), a roster player (2 or 3C or 2LD) and a blue chip prospect that hasn't seen the NHL yet, or has struggled to put it all together at the NHL level. He could get more, but he definitely won't get less

Examples:

Dallas Stars 2019 1st, Julius Honka, Radek Faksa for Max Pacioretty (Extended) + Paul Byron

Florida 2019 1st, Ian McCoshen, Owen Tippett for Patches (Extended) + Paul Byron

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Beauvillier is twenty one years old and is a first round draft pick who is a cost controlled asset. He is very talented and will hopefully improve. I stick with Tito

I mean, right now you should because your team isn't making the playoffs

But to say Beau is more valuable than Max is ridiculous. No GM in the NHL who thought that would ever have a job.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Calgary can't afford to re-sign Pacioretty, especially with Lindholm, Hanifin, Tkachuk, and Bennett all needing extensions in the next season or two. Also, I don't think he's really even needed at this point.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm

There's really no need for a top 6 winger at this point. Never thought I'd be saying that as a Flames fan... lol

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
These over blown expectations on Patches worth is hillarious.

He is comming off a bad year, and I do not have any faith he will rebound while playing in the media Jungle called Montreal.

I forcast that he starts in Montreal as none of the high expectations of his trade value are met.

His play is meh to average again in Montreal.

He is traded at the deadline for a middle 2nd rounder and B rate prospect.

Plays well down the stretch and into playoffs for new team.

Signs in Fla. as a U.F.A. on Canada day 2019.

or

He is coming in off a bad year, all the media speculation and drama motivates him to work harder and silence his critics

He stars in Montreal, playing with Drouin and Gallagher, Weber is healthy, Price is healthy --- the team gets off to a great start going 8-2

Max scores 7 goals in those 10 games, netting 11 points.

???????????????????????????????

See how easy it is to speculate?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I mean, right now you should because your team isn't making the playoffs

But to say Beau is more valuable than Max is ridiculous. No GM in the NHL who thought that would ever have a job.

I mean...right now...is it really a stretch? Young, cost controlled asset with big upside and has already proven he can play at the NHL level vs a soon-to-be 30 year old who will be a UFA in a year and set to make decent money. Not to mention he had essentially the same point totals as Beauvillier last year. Beauvillier can play center or wing, he plays a scrappy game, he's already a fan favorite, and he's already displayed a lot of chemistry with the new face of the franchise(Barzal).

Regardless of how the rest of the league views it, it's probably safe to assume the Isles value Beauvillier more than Patches. Nothing against him, he's a local guy and a great player - someone I'd love to bring in - but all things considered Beauvillier ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I totally expect they will all be heavily rejected, as it's the tradition on HFBoards. Have fun! :popcorn:

-----------------------
:habs
- Troy Brouwer (for buy out)
- Sam Bennett
- 2020 1st round pick
- Jon Gillies

:flames
- Max Pacioretty (signed)
- Charlie Lindgren

Probably a fair deal for Montreal but Calgary has no incentive to do this at all

It's essentially Bennett+1st for Pacioretty. Too steep for someone they do not really need after they got Neal and Lindholm this summer.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Okay? Beauvillier is an extremely valuable middle six CENTER who is younger?

Does he play center I was under the impression he played wing mostly at the NHL level. And 37 points is extremely valuable? His value is likely 2 2nds or a late first. So he is worth more to the Islanders than in a trade.

Think about the Lars eller and Andrew Shaw trades.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Patches, a career 30+ goal scorer, who has a 37 and 39 goal season under his belt since the lockout shortened season ---- is worth less than a 3rd line C who has had 24 and 36 POINT seasons?

You're kidding, right?

Its not even really about value. If they had kept Tavares then maybe Beau could be dealt away because they had him and Barzal, but they didnt so center became a position of need........

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Well to be honest, I made this proposal because I totally expect the Sens won't get fair value for Karlsson.

The deals you made are not really plausible. The teams you chose either got their guy already, or are still building and not in need of Patch.

you should look at teams who still think they are contenders and didnt get much on July 1 or in trades.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It's my personal belief that LW is the least valuable position in hockey(well maybe other then goalie) in terms of trade value. it's hard to find any team that is hard pressed for a LW(say even compared to teams who need right wings, and you can always use centers or defense)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That mete + pacs is just horrible. I wouldn't do pacs straight up for sanheim who has proven nothing so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad