Proposal: 5 trades involving Pacioretty (NYI, DAL, OTT, CGY, PHI, TB)

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Does he play center I was under the impression he played wing mostly at the NHL level. And 37 points is extremely valuable? His value is likely 2 2nds or a late first. So he is worth more to the Islanders than in a trade.

Think about the Lars eller and Andrew Shaw trades.

Tito played 3rd line center a couple of times last year. He was drafted with the scouting report that he is a jack of all trades able to play 11 out of 12 forward positions. Last season we had center depth with Tavares, Barzal, Nelson, Cizikas, and Wagner that playing Tito at center wasnt a priority. However now our center depth without him is Barzal, Filipula, Cizikas and thats it.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You kind of were alright until you said that

Ah, herein lies the issue. You're deluded enough into thinking that if they Flames DECIDE they want Max, they'll be the only team so they can just wait until the off-season.

Weird how teams are scrapping it out for Erik Karlsson and there's going to be massive pieces going back (rightfully so) but for a 30+ goal scorer teams will just "wait it out" and "get him for free"

You're an idiot.

A player like Pacioretty will go for market value. [mod] if you think he'll take a discount for Montreal, and then allow himself to be traded immediately. Why would he do that? He loses control over where he goes and earns less money.

If Montreal wants to re-sign him, they'll likely have to pay market value too.

Even if what you're saying is correct, the cost your asking is so extreme, that I'd rather see the Flames overpay for him than give up a 1st and Bennett.

Pacioretty and Karlsson are two entirely different assets. Firstly, no one is stating that Karlsson will agree to a sign and trade with Ottawa. Karlsson is a generational player that people will pay for. The hope that he plays a year with your team and then re-signs is worth giving up major assets for. He's that big of an impact player. He's also a defenceman, not a forward. They don't age as quickly.

Pacioretty is also coming off an awful season.

Please take a look at what the norm is for 30 year old soon to be free agents who are showing signs of being on a decline. They get traded at the deadline for a late 1st, or they walk as UFAs. There's no "sign and trades". Those don't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Patches, a career 30+ goal scorer, who has a 37 and 39 goal season under his belt since the lockout shortened season ---- is worth less than a 3rd line C who has had 24 and 36 POINT seasons?

You're kidding, right?

"career"...as long as you exclude his most recent season.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Patches, a career 30+ goal scorer, who has a 37 and 39 goal season under his belt since the lockout shortened season ---- is worth less than a 3rd line C who has had 24 and 36 POINT seasons?

You're kidding, right?
How many points did Patches have his first two season in the league? As far as player development goes, Beau is already ahead of where Max was at a similar point in his career. And while that's no guarantee that Beau will ever end up putting up the kind of numbers that Patches has, we also don't know just how many good seasons Patches has left in him. No point in the Isles trading a 21 year old C/LW who is only going to get better, for someone who is much older, will be much more expensive, and may not even have that much left in the tank.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
No way Patches is worth Beauvillier let alone with our first included, lol
are you drunk? lmao i get keeping young guys and hoping they turn out to be all stars. But cmon man, give your head a shake, patches is top 5 scoring last 5-6 years, Beau scored 20 goals once, lets not get carried away here.

Lmao once again patches getting underrated like crazy.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
How many points did Patches have his first two season in the league? As far as player development goes, Beau is already ahead of where Max was at a similar point in his career. And while that's no guarantee that Beau will ever end up putting up the kind of numbers that Patches has, we also don't know just how many good seasons Patches has left in him. No point in the Isles trading a 21 year old C/LW who is only going to get better, for someone who is much older, will be much more expensive, and may not even have that much left in the tank.

progression isnt always linear. Beau could turn out to be nothing and not score 20 goals ever again. Not much left in the tank? dude hes 29 lol

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

You're kidding, right?
If Max is so great then why trade him in the first place?
Anthony B has really good potential and I can't see trading him for a veteran forward like Max. He's 21 and scored 20 goals last year. He did that playing third line minutes and being shuffled in and out. NY is re building with youth so Max doesn't make sense and to add a first rd pick to the deal makes this trade awful. Anthony is cost controlled while Max wants more cash.
That being said fans rather trade Max than Gallagher.
Why is that?
Personally I think Gallagher is the type teams want for the playoffs more than Max.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
are you drunk? lmao i get keeping young guys and hoping they turn out to be all stars. But cmon man, give your head a shake, patches is top 5 scoring last 5-6 years, Beau scored 20 goals once, lets not get carried away here.

Yeah, Beauvillier has scored twenty + only once. As a third liner with limited ice-time. He is a prospect we used a high pick to draft, Patches is a great player (better then Beauvillier currently, sure) but he is soon to be a FA and is much older

idk what is so shocking about me valuing Beauv. higher. He is a great two way player with lots of energy and a great shot. He is very young so hopefully he continues to progress. Not to mention he is friends with Barzal and as islanders learned (or hopefully learned) from the Tavares fiasco, you want to keep your star player happy

Reactions: Jray42

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Yeah, Beauvillier has scored twenty + only once. As a third liner with limited ice-time. He is a prospect we used a high pick to draft, Patches is a great player (better then Beauvillier currently, sure) but he is soon to be a FA and is much older

idk what is so shocking about me valuing Beauv. higher. He is a great two way player with lots of energy and a great shot. He is very young so hopefully he continues to progress. Not to mention he is friends with Barzal and as islanders learned (or hopefully learned) from the Tavares fiasco, you want to keep your star player happy
lmao

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
no point wasting each others time tbh, if you value a 20 goal 3rd line center over patches, then more power to you. i clearly wont be able to change your mind.
He's 21 years old, that's why he values him more. Good god.

The Islanders aren't contending next year. They need to retool and keep their young guns for the future. I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend.

I'm even a fan of a rival team, but come on. They have no reason to do that deal, Pacioretty isn't helping them win the Cup in the next few years here.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Pacioretty extended is extremely valuable a middle six winger ( top six potential) + a 1st is probably rental value for patches.

You're kidding, right?

I mean, right now you should because your team isn't making the playoffs

But to say Beau is more valuable than Max is ridiculous. No GM in the NHL who thought that would ever have a job.

Does he play center I was under the impression he played wing mostly at the NHL level. And 37 points is extremely valuable? His value is likely 2 2nds or a late first. So he is worth more to the Islanders than in a trade.

Think about the Lars eller and Andrew Shaw trades.

Over their respective 40 last games of the season (when Beauvillier got put on Barzal's line instead of playing with Brock Nelson and guys like Tanner Fritz):

Beauvillier: 16 goals, 28 points
Pacioretty: 10 goals, 25 points

Beauvillier was also 20 years old and still has another year on his ELC.
Pacioretty was 29 and is a UFA in a year

There is a 0% chance Pacioretty could return Beauvillier lol. Also LMFAO at the comparisons to Lars Eller and Andrew Shaw hahahahahaha.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I totally expect they will all be heavily rejected, as it's the tradition on HFBoards. Have fun! :popcorn:

:habs
- Anthony Beauvillier
- 2020 Islanders 1st round draft pick

:isles
- Max Pacioretty (signed)
- Brett Lernout

-----------------------
- Jason Spezza
- Julius Honka
- 2020 Stars 1st round draft pick

:stars
- Erik Karlsson

:sens
- Mattias Janmark
- Charlie Lindgren
- 2019 Canadiens 3nd round draft pick

-----------------------
- Troy Brouwer (for buy out)
- Sam Bennett
- 2020 1st round pick
- Jon Gillies

:flames
- Charlie Lindgren

-------------------------
- Andrew MacDonald
- Travis Sanheim

:flyers
- Victor Mete

-----------------------
- 2020 Lightning 1st round draft pick
- Mathieu Joseph
- Slater Koekkoek
- Ryan Callahan (for buy out)

:bolts
- Brett Lernout
Cannot cure stupid.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Nobosy wants Pacioretty because everyone wants players who produce in the playoffs
Maybe Pacioretty will start producing in the playoffs once he plays on a line with players that can dig the puck out, create space and feed him the puck. Pacioretty never had that in Montreal, other teams just had to put their best defensive unit and stop Max offensively. Things will be different for Max when he gets the support and isn't the main guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad