Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | June 21st | 8:00 PM | F/L 8-0

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Big game Islanders. Play a game 3 style but stop being nice, hit them if given a chance and hit them hard, big time. They will do it to you without thinking.

Go Islanders put the pressure on them win this one.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
More aggravating nonsense and backhanded compliments from the NHL radio network, much of it coming from Rags' fan Linda Cohn.

The Isles are gritty.
The Bolts need players other than Point to step up
Trotz is the best coach in the league.
Varly respects Vasilevsky and knows he's the best goalie in the league.

All of the above are arguably true but the unspoken part is where they avoid saying the Isles are lucky to be here and have no business winning these games.

The Cup is here for the taking.

Go get 'em boys.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Would love to steal this one, and go home up 3-2. Without last change, it will be interesting if Barry still goes with Barzal and Palmieri. I had a solution of dropping Eberle down, and bumping Palmieri up. Would still like the Pageau line to be a scoring threat without last change. Palmieri gives Barzal a more involved linemate than Eberle, who can wake up, but may not also. We have 4 key guys that have yet to score. Law of averages says one should before the series is over. Palmieri, Beauvillier, Pageau, Eberle. Make it so!

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
Would love to steal this one, and go home up 3-2. Without last change, it will be interesting if Barry still goes with Barzal and Palmieri. I had a solution of dropping Eberle down, and bumping Palmieri up. Would still like the Pageau line to be a scoring threat without last change. Palmieri gives Barzal a more involved linemate than Eberle, who can wake up, but may not also. We have 4 key guys that have yet to score. Law of averages says one should before the series is over. Palmieri, Beauvillier, Pageau, Eberle. Make it so!

Wish it were so, but I fear JGP is like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, just falling apart at the seams due to injuries. He is the kind of player you need ten guys to pry him off the ice as he is a warrior, but you can see his injury (a groin maybe?) is clearly affecting his skating. He might be better dropped to a 3rd line for checking, or - blasphemy as far as Trotz is concerned - replaced in the lineup with Wahlstrom. I'd rather see JGP heal/rest if possible and come back functional, taking our chances with a rookie as he is a bedrock of the team but right now he is a shell of himself.

Last edited:

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Wish it were so, but I fear JGP is like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, just falling apart at the seams due to injuries. He is the kind of player you need ten guys to pry him off the ice as he is a warrior, but you can see his injury (a groin maybe?) is clearly affecting his skating. He might be better dropped to a 3rd line for checking, or - blasphemy as far as Trotz is concerned - replaced in the lineup with Wahlstrom. I'd rather see JGP heal/rest if possible and come back functional, taking our chances with a rookie because he is a bedrock of the team and right now he is a shell of himself.

Jean-Gabriel Pageau will score the game 6 OT winning goal bringing back Howie Rose

PAGEAU!
PAGEAU!
PAGEAU!

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
I believe in the law of averages. Palmieri scores at least 1 goal tonight, probably on the PP, because the PP is also skewed. Maybe that also means Point is off his game. Or maybe I just need a straight jacket, padded room, and a rabbit's foot.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Lying in bed with the worse back pain and toe pain. Pain meds like Oxy aren't working. Surgery out of the question, I will die on the table. Toe bone spur removal scheduled for mid July need artery in right leg cleaned out first, scheduled for 7/7.
I am so
So looking forward to tonight's game to take my mind off the pain. Time is moving slowly.

Let's ,Go, Islanders,

Please, for me a Bruins fan and NJ Devils follower, give me an Islander victory and not one that has me nervous for 60 minutes.

For all those Islanders fans that bought out next season's tickets at the new barn..... Please give them a win tonight.

Sorry for the rambling.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Lying in bed with the worse back pain and toe pain. Pain meds like Oxy aren't working. Surgery out of the question, I will die on the table. Toe bone spur removal scheduled for mid July need artery in right leg cleaned out first, scheduled for 7/7.
I am so
So looking forward to tonight's game to take my mind off the pain. Time is moving slowly.

Let's ,Go, Islanders,

Please, for me a Bruins fan and NJ Devils follower, give me an Islander victory and not one that has me nervous for 60 minutes.

For all those Islanders fans that bought out next season's tickets at the new barn..... Please give them a win tonight.

Sorry for the rambling.

Damn, feel better.

Stop by a dispensary up there.

Reactions: Lek and chico19341

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I am so

Let's ,Go, Islanders,

Sorry for the rambling.

Hey Maine Fan, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Like the NHL guys always say, just get through one day at a time, and I hope with some of the procedures you've got coming up you have a path to get better.

Reactions: Lek

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Hey Maine Fan, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Like the NHL guys always say, just get through one day at a time, and I hope with some of the procedures you've got coming up you have a path to get better.

Thank you very much. My head will feel great with an Islanders win and Palms, Zajac and Greene all scoring goals tonight.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Fist of Gillies

Apr 9, 2007
Tonight is the perfect scenario to scratch Uncle Leo or Zajac and play Wally.

Palmeiri needs to be on the top line and Pageau needs *someone* to help him generate offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad