Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | June 21st | 8:00 PM | F/L 8-0

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Realistically I cannot see them winning a 3rd game 5 on the road but I do think they'll win 6 and 7 so there's that

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
Yeah they have nerve talking about outr barn when they have this: (even their bicycles take dives)
Port_Tampa_Library_2.jpg

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Here’s the exact quote. God I want the isles to knock that team out so bad.
"It wasn’t them, it was us — it’s always us," Lightning defenseman Mikhail Sergachev said after Game 4. "When we’re on the top of our game, playing our structure and guys are battling, I don’t think there’s anyone that can play with us."
Pretty big words for a guy who played a pretty terrible game

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
At this point, IMO our mentality and the teams mentality should be
We cannot be concerned about what THEY will do because that does NOT matter
instead THEY should be worried about US because right now at this point all that matters is what WE do !
Go Win Game 5 !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JKP

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
At some point the Islanders are going to have to win a back to back set to beat Tampa. Should make it tonight. This will not be easy.
let's make it back to back to back and call it a day and a series ! It began in game 4 but for now one game at a time and let's win game 5 and we can discuss game 6 when it is in front of us

Reactions: YearlyLottery

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Leave everything on the ice this game. Win this game and you put yourself in a great position. The mindset should be as if this was game 7. Let’s f***ing go!!!

Reactions: The Lighthouse

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Havent seen this team come out hard a single game this series. Surprisingly, Isles didnt really come out with their hair on fire at home for game 3. They have been very cautious and have had very bad neutral zone gap control for the first 10 mins. Basically either they come out flying or they weather the storm and keep TB off the board for the first 10 mins and they have a chance. I think if they give up a goal in the first 10 mins I dont think they win this game. It would be a huge confidence boost for the rest of the series if TB comes out timid.

Cooper sounds like a HF poster. "they only won cuz we didnt show up"

I just dont get it, as a fan, owner, coach... basically everyone other than coddled players, I would much rather hear, we lost cuz they were better, not, we lost cuz we didnt feel like winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad