Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | June 21st | 8:00 PM | F/L 8-0

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Penguins over North Stars 8-0 in 1991. Montreal over Toronto by a wider margin in the 1940s.
Of course the last time it happened was the legendary 2001 game 6 8-0 defenstration of the Flyers by the Sabres at Marine Midland Arena to win the series. Game was on national television via ABC.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Pretty sure game 6 against Boston they came out ready to play. I wouldn't put money on the Islanders to win this series - i wouldn't have done that at any point really. But this is too experienced a team, too good of a coach for them to come out tomorrow night and roll over. The way the Islanders are built you can expect a game like last night here and there. But y0u can also expect them to bounce back and put out an A+ effort as a follow up. Will that be enough to win? Possibly/probably not, but I'm pretty sure we'll see a different compete level on Wednesday.
Being ready and coming out flying like TB did is two totally different things

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope you folks attending the next game get creative and do a chant ‘1940’ like you did for years with Rangers but ‘ninety-eight’ as a slam to Tampa’s Cap number

Tampa with an 80 million legit payroll and Andres Lee healthy I’ll take NYI in 5 (and I’m a Bruins fan)

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I hope you folks attending the next game get creative and do a chant ‘1940’ like you did for years with Rangers but ‘ninety-eight’ as a slam to Tampa’s Cap number

Tampa with an 80 million legit payroll and Andres Lee healthy I’ll take NYI in 5 (and I’m a Bruins fan)
you realize that chant was because of how long NYR went w/o winning a cup and the Isles won a bunch of cups in recent memory. The Isles don't have a leg to stand on w/Tampa for such a chant.

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Hang in there Isles fans. My Blues lost 7-2 and 5-1 two of the SCF games and we heard the whole time afterwards about how we're "done" and "broken". Didn't exactly work out that way.

All in all, it's just one game. There's no reason you all can't win game 6.

One shift. One period. One game.

Worry about those, one at a time.

Reactions: Steve55 and Instant

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I actually think there is a plan to unload and drop a lot of players in 2 years..That's when the bulk of the contracts are done..They even said they have plans for Ho-Sang...why would you say this to him if he wasn't...so I assume, they were/are thinking of overhauling parts of the team, especially with Aho and Golyshev in the mix now.
Aho?

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
The Islanders need to play better defense in the neutral zone. they can't let Tampa move the puck with speed through the neutral zone. That is where the game will be won. Rhey have done a pretty good job there except for the last game. They will be prepared in the next game.

Reactions: MJF

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I actually think there is a plan to unload and drop a lot of players in 2 years..That's when the bulk of the contracts are done..They even said they have plans for Ho-Sang...

spacex_rockets_main_uns.jpg

SpaceX?

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
The Islanders need to play better defense in the neutral zone. they can't let Tampa move the puck with speed through the neutral zone. That is where the game will be won. Rhey have done a pretty good job there except for the last game. They will be prepared in the next game.
TB was blowing thru the neutral zone last night. They were also flying the zone early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad