Pre-Game Talk: 5 in a row? Hurricanes up next

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
no they don't, or they wouldn't employ Tony Deangelo
Or maybe because they are a team that gives a shit and supports their players and have a coach that would put up zero shit like that and leads by example, felt they could take a guy like Deangelo on and prevent his bullshit.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Wonder if putting all the heavy tanks on line 1 would be a good idea.

Hyman - Draisaitl - Puljuarvi
Foegele - McDavid - Yamamoto

We need to get Foegele scoring goals asap and perhaps McDavid would help. Gotta try something new when nothing is working.

Reactions: McDrai and Duke74

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Think I'd rather have Warren Foegele score a couple and we win. It's been about 6 games now, so time for Kassian to make an appearance for one game, and then back into hibernation.

I said I will cheer louder when the Oilers win ;) Foegele is coming close though. And yeah Kassian is due for his 1 good game in 5 anytime now.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wonder if putting all the heavy tanks on line 1 would be a good idea.

Hyman - Draisaitl - Puljuarvi
Foegele - McDavid - Yamamoto

We need to get Foegele scoring goals asap and perhaps McDavid would help. Gotta try something new when nothing is working.
The teams issue isn't individuals aren't succeeding. Its that without McDavid or Draisaitl on the ice no one does anything.
So I mean ya, maybe McDavid can get Foegele to score. But then you just have RNH in the bottom 6 not scoring either. So the problem is the exact same.

Reactions: Czechboy

Mickelsnitz

Dec 23, 2009
I was okay with the Bear trade with the contingency that we would have an actual third line.

we still don’t, so that deal is looking like garbage right now
Perhaps, see what happens in the playoffs I guess. I’m somewhat optimistic we will have an actual 3rd line by TDL. Holloway maybe and an add via trade.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
The teams issue isn't individuals aren't succeeding. Its that without McDavid or Draisaitl on the ice no one does anything.
So I mean ya, maybe McDavid can get Foegele to score. But then you just have RNH in the bottom 6 not scoring either. So the problem is the exact same.
My thinking is RNH doesn't get points unless he's on the pp anyway so I personally don't care if his minutes get reduced as long as he plays well defensively which he has throughout his career.

We are so desperate to the point where all I'm personally asking the bottom 6 to do is to lock it up defensively and not get scored on until they get an upgrade via a trade or Holloway's arrival.

If McDavid and Foegele have really good hidden chemistry, it would be worth a try. If you put that first line I mentioned together, I also think there's a greater chance of us scoring first if they can cycle the opposition to death and crash the net at the start of games, not giving a chance for a counter strike.

Nobody is really doing much in terms of scoring aside from Draisaitl or occasionally JP and Hyman anyway. Who knows? If a line of those 3 can get early and/or multiple goals in a night, it will spark the team back to life. If the experiment is a failure then whatever. Try something else and don't go back to it.

Reactions: LTIR

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
1 - "Eberle was a liability" LOL. He could walk into this locker room and would instantly be a top 6 winger and secondary scoring we desperately need, just like he has been for the last 12 years. Look at our supporting cast and then say you're glad a guy on pace for goddamn 40 this year is gone. You live on another planet.

2- What the hell is this garbage about "Bear isn't here because of Bouchard, not Barrie"? We have 3 spots on the depth chart. I don't care how we get there. Who would you rather have behind Bouch; an aging, more expensive player who is like Bouchard just worse and gets his PP time (Barrie), or a cheap young D more suited to defensive deployments who can at least be on the ice against quality competition (Bear)?

3- Gee it's starting to look incredibly stupid Holland chose Keith and Barrie over Bear and $8million in cap space. WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS!?!?!?!?
Eberle sucks. Get over it.

The fanboy mentality is strong in this crowd.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I have a bad vibe about this game. Maybe a blowout that precedes a players only meeting to hash things out and hopefully get things going in the right direction again. Willy will dress, play 5 minutes and go -4, and an enraged Walsh will tweet out the Oilers are ruining his client's career, that he was rushed into the NHL and needs more seasoning on the farm. ;)

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Bear scores twice on us and Teravainen scores a Hattie. Carolina wins in a blow out and then does their storm surge victory thing on our ice after the game. Tippett blusters something about slow starts and they trot Kassian out for the post-game where his lost puppy dog shtick is just as ineffective as his play on the ice. Drai comes out but no one asks him about the ten backhand passes across our defensive zone that ended up in turnovers because he scored a power play goal from his special pocket spot. There. I saved everyone three hours of bullshit. Someone start a 2022 draft thread. Maybe we can draft more character players next year or something.

Reactions: Oilers90

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
LOL

My favourite type of Oiler fan.

Current Oilers are great. Previous Oilers are all terrible player.

You are the fanboy my dude
It doesn't change the fact that Eberle isn't a clutch player. He punches the clock 9-5. No ambition. Hate me if you want. Eberle sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad